Conquer Club

How get players faster to play 6-8 player games.

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

How get players faster to play 6-8 player games.

Postby Colemanus on Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:52 pm

Coleman the eternal cook's words of wisdom.

Hello I want to give you two tips on getting people to play you 8 man game so you dont have to wait 4 days or more for people. If you aren't known by the people who play a lot of games or in high standings you should send invites.
Send invites equaling half the number of the people in the game. Other players will play if there are already more than one person in the game.
Look for people who have played over 50 games and have logged on within 5 days of the people you want to play. People who log on everyday are the best people. You have to look at their profile to see these things.
Usually after 3 people who are invited join then it takes 2 days or less to start your game.
Because people don't play until they know you.
Also you may want to make a forum thread in the callouts section to put your game line on and do the same in Facebook Conquerclub page.
Example
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=225107

Good luck getting people faster
Cook Colemanus

Re: How get players faster to play 6-8 player games.

Postby oss spy on Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:37 am

...or you could just be patient.
2012-04-05 19:05:58 - Eagle Orion: For the record, my supposed irrationality has kept me in the game well enough. Just in rather bizaare fashion.

2012-04-05 19:06:28 - nathanmoore04: Look at your troop count...
Sergeant 1st Class oss spy

Postby Colemanus on Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:40 am

The problem is that Cadets and Cooks take 3-4 days longer to get people to play a game than the higher ranks take.
Cook Colemanus

Postby Trevor33 on Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:02 pm

Colemanus wrote:The problem is that Cadets and Cooks take 3-4 days longer to get people to play a game than the higher ranks take.

That just isn't true.
Major Trevor33

Postby chapcrap on Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:23 pm

trevor33 wrote:
Colemanus wrote:The problem is that Cadets and Cooks take 3-4 days longer to get people to play a game than the higher ranks take.

That just isn't true.

I think if you are making generalizations, it's pretty true.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Trevor33 on Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:46 pm

I've put up team games that have taken over a week to fill... high rank doesn't automatically fill your games. 3-4 days? come on, how could he possibly come up with any reliable predictions on the matter?
Major Trevor33

Postby chapcrap on Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:04 pm

trevor33 wrote:I've put up team games that have taken over a week to fill... high rank doesn't automatically fill your games. 3-4 days? come on, how could he possibly come up with any reliable predictions on the matter?

He's not talking about how long the games take to fill, he's talking about how long they take to play. How long to take their turns.

He's saying that he has to wait 3-4 between turns.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Trevor33 on Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:28 pm

chapcrap wrote:
trevor33 wrote:I've put up team games that have taken over a week to fill... high rank doesn't automatically fill your games. 3-4 days? come on, how could he possibly come up with any reliable predictions on the matter?

He's not talking about how long the games take to fill, he's talking about how long they take to play. How long to take their turns.

No, he's talking about how long the games take to fill.

"The problem is that Cadets and Cooks take 3-4 days longer to get people to play a game than the higher ranks take."

To get people to play a game... plus in the op he talks about sending invite to people because people are more likely to join games that have a couple of players already in it.
Major Trevor33

Postby Colemanus on Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:49 am

trevor33 wrote:
chapcrap wrote:

No, he's talking about how long the games take to fill.

"The problem is that Cadets and Cooks take 3-4 days longer to get people to play a game than the higher ranks take."

To get people to play a game... plus in the op he talks about sending invite to people because people are more likely to join games that have a couple of players already in it.

Trevor is right I am taking how long it takes to wait for people to join.
Cook Colemanus

Postby oss spy on Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:41 pm

If I see a game that has many invites I typically don't play because there may be a chance that I'm going up against a well organized team (and I don't have one.) Likewise, if I see a game filled with people of a much higher rank than me I typically don't play because I'll probably lose.

If I see a game full of newer players, however, I'm more likely to play because the playing field is much more even...besides, you're not even taking into account for the rules.
2012-04-05 19:05:58 - Eagle Orion: For the record, my supposed irrationality has kept me in the game well enough. Just in rather bizaare fashion.

2012-04-05 19:06:28 - nathanmoore04: Look at your troop count...
Sergeant 1st Class oss spy

Postby Trevor33 on Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:57 pm

oss spy wrote:If I see a game that has many invites I typically don't play because there may be a chance that I'm going up against a well organized team (and I don't have one.) Likewise, if I see a game filled with people of a much higher rank than me I typically don't play because I'll probably lose.

If I see a game full of newer players, however, I'm more likely to play because the playing field is much more even...besides, you're not even taking into account for the rules.

It's true that if you see a bunch of team games with the same few players they're going to be organized and i wouldn't enter those games with random people, if you have a team that you communicate with - great, if not i'd leave it.

Single player games are different though, everyone will be out to beat everyone else so it doesn't matter about rank or how many have joined the game.
Major Trevor33

Postby SirSebstar on Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:45 pm

i think the OP is talking about 8 player single games, and certainly not teamgames.
he is looking for a way to fill up games faster, and states that they fill out faster if you have a few people on board already. this is not a bad idea..
Major SirSebstar

Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:00 am

Team games are a different ball of wax entirely. This is about individual games.

And I know I'm more likely to join a game if it has people in it that rank higher than me (whatever rank I am at the moment) than if it has a bunch of cadets and cooks.
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Viceroy63 on Wed May 09, 2012 7:45 pm

I think that an argument can also be made for the fact that if you are a higher ranking player that is because you have been playing for a long while. In that time you must have made many associations and so because you are well known then your games tend to fill up faster by the people who know you and stay on top of your games and such.

A person just coming into CC knows no one so when they start a game it's like, "Who's this guy? You know him?"

I would think that new people who start games would take longer to fill then higher ranking players who have been here for a long while and may even have a following of friends.

Another thought is that friends of a feather fly together. That is to say that normally friends tend to play the same setting. So when people start games they almost always find each other by the settings that they use. Rather than starting a new game they get redirected to a similar game with the same settings. So if it's a large group of friends, then some of them will also find each other when they start a new game.

Or...

I could be wrong? :D
An Unproven Hypothesis; The Rise of Ignorance.
Ultimate Proof of Creation. Click the show tab below.
show
Major Viceroy63

Location: A little back water, hill billy hick place called Earth.

Postby redhedge47 on Mon May 21, 2012 6:10 pm

Im going to put this as nicley as I can thats a horible idea if you just go around inviting random players who have never played you before just because the have high turn taking percentage you dont know what you have started I already have gotten 3 invties this week becaus of your "Grand Idea" :evil:
Private 1st Class redhedge47

Postby blakebowling on Tue May 22, 2012 7:51 am

redhedge47 wrote:Im going to put this as nicley as I can thats a horible idea if you just go around inviting random players who have never played you before just because the have high turn taking percentage you dont know what you have started I already have gotten 3 invties this week becaus of your "Grand Idea" :evil:

Your upset because you've received 3 invitations in a week? I'm assuming you were equally unhappy when the guy on the bus tried to strike up a conversation.
Private blakebowling

Postby IcePack on Tue May 22, 2012 2:36 pm

blakebowling wrote:
redhedge47 wrote:Im going to put this as nicley as I can thats a horible idea if you just go around inviting random players who have never played you before just because the have high turn taking percentage you dont know what you have started I already have gotten 3 invties this week becaus of your "Grand Idea" :evil:

Your upset because you've received 3 invitations in a week? I'm assuming you were equally unhappy when the guy on the bus tried to strike up a conversation.

By random players. Some of us, if we don't know you / or you don't ask before hand - just want to be left alone. At least talk to us before you invite. Ask if it's ok. Getting constant invites from low rankers that you don't know or don't talk to you at all and keep sending you invites IS pretty annoying.
The guy on the bus can say hi, but if he borrows my pen without asking he'll be put in his place. If he does it all the time, he'll get punched. Talk to me, say hi, ask of u can use the pen...this is the polite way - no randomly taking pens from people u don't know.

IcePack

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Return to Conquer Club Discussion