Conquer Club

Chap's Dust Bowl Challenge [Winner: subprime]

Tournaments completed in 2012.

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Re: Chap's Dust Bowl Challenge [Round 4]

Postby agentcom on Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:23 pm

If there is a round of 2 players, will both be allowed to challenge each other? That would mean a round of 2 games and both could move on to another round of 2. Or will it just be 1 game?
Brigadier agentcom

Postby chapcrap on Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:48 pm

agentcom wrote:If there is a round of 2 players, will both be allowed to challenge each other? That would mean a round of 2 games and both could move on to another round of 2. Or will it just be 1 game?

There will just be 1 game. As always, if someone challenges you, you can't challenge them in the same round, so only one game would be played.

Usually if it down to 2 players, I don't make you post the challenge, I just make the game.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby agentcom on Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:52 pm

chapcrap wrote:
agentcom wrote:If there is a round of 2 players, will both be allowed to challenge each other? That would mean a round of 2 games and both could move on to another round of 2. Or will it just be 1 game?

There will just be 1 game. As always, if someone challenges you, you can't challenge them in the same round, so only one game would be played.

Usually if it down to 2 players, I don't make you post the challenge, I just make the game.

Cool. Thanks.
Brigadier agentcom

Re: Chap's Dust Bowl Challenge [Round 6]

Postby subprime on Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:08 am

challenge agentcom
Lieutenant subprime

Postby deantursx on Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:46 am

I'll challenge subprime

Highest Score: 3047 - 2/11/13
Major deantursx

Postby agentcom on Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:56 pm

Chap, not sure if we needed to formally do challenges this round ... No matter what we play against the other 2 players given the rules.

Challenge Dean.
Brigadier agentcom

Postby chapcrap on Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:31 pm

agentcom wrote:Chap, not sure if we needed to formally do challenges this round ... No matter what we play against the other 2 players given the rules.

Challenge Dean.

You did need to challenge this round. Sorry, you took too long. And it's not necessarily true that everyone plays both of the other players this round.

If deantursx and subprime both challenged you before you post a challenge, then you can not challenge anyone. So, they would each only have 1 game and you would have 2.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby agentcom on Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:44 pm

chapcrap wrote:
agentcom wrote:Chap, not sure if we needed to formally do challenges this round ... No matter what we play against the other 2 players given the rules.

Challenge Dean.

You did need to challenge this round. Sorry, you took too long. And it's not necessarily true that everyone plays both of the other players this round.

If deantursx and subprime both challenged you before you post a challenge, then you can not challenge anyone. So, they would each only have 1 game and you would have 2.

:oops: :oops: :oops:

My bad and nice catch, you are right there is another possibility: two players could challenge one. I didn't even think about that. That would actually be better for me (if I was the challenged one). But looks like in this round it is a round robin: subprime challenged me, I challenged dean, and dean challenged me. Sorry, I didn't get my challenge in sooner. Fiancee's parents were in town and I was just keeping up on my regular CC turns.

I can't tell by your post, but I hope you didn't take my previous post the wrong way. I just didn't see that other possibility, so I thought it was funny that we were doing the challenges.

Bring on the games! :) And thanks for the tourney.
Brigadier agentcom

Postby chapcrap on Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:33 pm

Don't worry, I did not take your post the wrong way. Promise. :)

However, I still can't accept your challenge because of the tardiness. I understand the circumstances and the issue and the fact that there was only 1 person left for you to challenge at the time you posted, but because I have the 48 hour rule in every challenge tournament, I can't be leniant with it. Good luck though!
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby subprime on Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:46 am

I believe I've won this due to good luck, thanks for running this so well chap :D
Lieutenant subprime

Re: Chap's Dust Bowl Challenge [Winner: subprime]

Postby chapcrap on Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:23 pm

Congrats to subprime on winning the tournament!
Lieutenant chapcrap

Previous

Return to Completed 2012