Conquer Club

Fixed dice.

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: Fixed dice.

Postby chapcrap on Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:54 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
Davez wrote:I've been told by a number of people that the dice are fixed. Just wondering how the server decides which players get good dice and which ones get bad dice. Presumably every time one players gets bad dice someone else is getting good dice. I've just started playing so is there any way to know whether I've been assigned to have lucky or unlucky dice?

Normally the Central Committee holds a meeting every Monday to determine who will get the good dice that week, and since the squeeky wheel gets the grease, usually the people who have complained the loudest on the weekend will be given lucky dice for the following week.

If you complain on a Wednesday, you're really wasting your time, because by next Monday you will have been forgotten. It's best to complain on Sunday afternoon, and it helps if you post your complaint with CAPS LOCK turned on, to attract the most attention.

:lol: =D>
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Evil Semp on Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:31 am

chapcrap wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:
Davez wrote:I've been told by a number of people that the dice are fixed. Just wondering how the server decides which players get good dice and which ones get bad dice. Presumably every time one players gets bad dice someone else is getting good dice. I've just started playing so is there any way to know whether I've been assigned to have lucky or unlucky dice?

Normally the Central Committee holds a meeting every Monday to determine who will get the good dice that week, and since the squeeky wheel gets the grease, usually the people who have complained the loudest on the weekend will be given lucky dice for the following week.

If you complain on a Wednesday, you're really wasting your time, because by next Monday you will have been forgotten. It's best to complain on Sunday afternoon, and it helps if you post your complaint with CAPS LOCK turned on, to attract the most attention.

:lol: =D>

For the next two weeks you are on the bottom of the list for good dice. You are not supposed to give information that is propriety to the web site out to the public.
Sergeant Evil Semp
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Teflon Kris on Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:41 pm

HaireWolf1 wrote:Dice don't like deadbeats that don't take their turns.

You score 0 if you dont roll

If you actually roll the dice, you get something between a 1 and 6

I always prefer to roll them
Sergeant 1st Class Teflon Kris

Postby initus on Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:45 am

Everyone knows that dice odds are correlated with your score.
High: [Score 2660] [Rank 182] |
Major initus

Postby tec805 on Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:07 pm

initus wrote:Everyone knows that dice odds are correlated with your score.

Yep, my brig dice were so good I couldn't wait to be a colonel again! :D In fact I see so many six's I thought I joined FFoS by mistake. Shame they are all on the defenders side :cry:
show: spoiler sigs are like my dice, they suck
General tec805

Location: ☀ Southern California, where the sunshine's shining ☀

Postby Robert E Nick on Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:32 pm

chapcrap wrote:
danryan wrote:I paid for super premium dice, I highly recommend you do the same.

They're awesome! =D>

I did the same. I was such a cook before I bought my new premium officer dice.

OK whats the point if you just buy good dice? and how did u get them? O:)
Corporal 1st Class Robert E Nick

Postby QoH on Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:26 pm

Robert E Nick wrote:
chapcrap wrote:
danryan wrote:I paid for super premium dice, I highly recommend you do the same.

They're awesome! =D>

I did the same. I was such a cook before I bought my new premium officer dice.

OK whats the point if you just buy good dice? and how did u get them? O:)

They're kidding :roll:
Please don't invite me to any pickup games. I will decline the invite.
Major QoH

Postby Criticalwinner on Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:38 pm

Its all about greed.... I rarely hit auto-attack anymore, just because I could get a cold streak that I can't afford. By the way.... strategy will most of the time outweigh dice rolling.
Sergeant 1st Class Criticalwinner

Postby Robert E Nick on Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:57 pm

Criticalwinner wrote:Its all about greed.... I rarely hit auto-attack anymore, just because I could get a cold streak that I can't afford. By the way.... strategy will most of the time outweigh dice rolling.

most of the time. I have won several games where i won 6 on 12s and that changed the the game and gave me a win. Luck is just undiscovered skill :!:
Corporal 1st Class Robert E Nick

Postby Scorsair on Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:57 pm

Just played two games with the same person... I rolled under 3 average against him while he rolled 3.9 average. Even the neutral player in these games rolled better than me. It happens, am I upset when I can't beat a single army with 22? yes, but playing some Hive games I have seen much worse.

Dice go up an down, just got to take them as they come. (didn't read through all three pages of the thread btw, sorry if I repeated someone).
"Resistance is Futile"
__
"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimization."
Corporal Scorsair

Postby Trevor33 on Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:45 am

HaireWolf1 wrote:Dice don't like deadbeats that don't take their turns.

Do they like deadbeats who do make their turns?
Major Trevor33

Postby oran0007 on Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:41 pm

While this thread made me laugh multiple times, no one has really addressed your question. First I would like to say that no matter what forum you are on you should search for your question before you post it. You will find that most of your questions when you are a new user of some product have already been answered (probably many times). Such is the case here. Unless something has changed, the dice are pulled from random.org. They have the same questions posed to them about randomness. http://www.random.org/faq/#Q2.8 You also need to realize that for each type of attack (i.e. 3 v. 2, 3 v. 1, 2 v. 2, 2 v. 1, 1 v. 2, 1 v. 1) there is a different chance of success for the attacker. I do not have the numbers readily available but you should be able to find them in a search. Regardless, when numbers are randomly generated by a computer, they have to come from somewhere. Random.org has a system which is better than any easily coded software generation of random numbers. It may be possible to design a better system, but it is not realistic to expect the site to do so.

Personally I have seen both sides of the "fixed" dice. I have attacked and with double digit attackers versus low single digit defenders and not taken the region. I have also attacked when I knew I was going to lose a game, and ended up taking a region when I had the smaller number of troops.

Bottom line is that if you can't accept the randomness of the dice, you should only play board games with physical dice. Even if you do that, if you were to record the results every time you rolled the dice, you might see that the dice here are not that much different.
Corporal 1st Class oran0007

Postby chapcrap on Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:33 pm

oran0007 wrote:Bottom line is that if you can't accept the randomness of the dice, you should only play board games with physical dice. Even if you do that, if you were to record the results every time you rolled the dice, you might see that the dice here are not that much different.

Well put.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby bryguy on Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:57 pm

Criticalwinner wrote:Its all about greed.... I rarely hit auto-attack anymore, just because I could get a cold streak that I can't afford. By the way.... strategy will most of the time outweigh dice rolling.

I stopped auto-attacking after I lost my 100 troops to the opponents 2. Still won in the long run, but only after 2 more turns.
Corporal bryguy

Postby Puddleglum on Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:22 am

There really is something to this, though - something is awfully fishy with that algorithm... I find that in 1v1 games, the person who is trailing (me or my opponent) tends to roll better than the person who is winning.

Conversely, I've found that in larger games (4+) where I am heavily favored to win a battle (outnumbering opponent 2:1 with >10 armies), I take an unusually high number of casualties or lose the battle all-together.

It's easy to make the dice appear fair - throw someone a couple of 5's and 6's after you've shafted them with a barrage of 1's and 2's. The dice have cost (or nearly cost me) 3 of my last 10 games...
Captain Puddleglum

Postby oran0007 on Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:35 am

Puddleglum wrote:There really is something to this, though - something is awfully fishy with that algorithm... I find that in 1v1 games, the person who is trailing (me or my opponent) tends to roll better than the person who is winning.

Conversely, I've found that in larger games (4+) where I am heavily favored to win a battle (outnumbering opponent 2:1 with >10 armies), I take an unusually high number of casualties or lose the battle all-together.

It's easy to make the dice appear fair - throw someone a couple of 5's and 6's after you've shafted them with a barrage of 1's and 2's. The dice have cost (or nearly cost me) 3 of my last 10 games...

The dice have cost you 3 of your last 10 games? How many have they given you. The fact is that you have very good stats in your recent battles and you have pretty good dice overall too. Furthermore, there is no algorithm. Random.org pulls their numbers from static noise over a radio frequency and studies have been performed to test the random nature of the results, with the conclusion being that they are "fair".

Corporal 1st Class oran0007

Postby Razorvich on Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:36 am

The answer is "MOJO"

find yours and all your dice will be good 8-)
Major Razorvich
Head Chatter
Head Chatter

Postby Puddleglum on Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:10 pm

oran0007 wrote:The dice have cost you 3 of your last 10 games? How many have they given you. The fact is that you have very good stats in your recent battles and you have pretty good dice overall too. Furthermore, there is no algorithm. Random.org pulls their numbers from static noise over a radio frequency and studies have been performed to test the random nature of the results, with the conclusion being that they are "fair".

Cost or nearly cost me 3 of 10, yes. I expect to win a 40 on 20 rather handily, not by 2 or 3 troops. Anytime something like that happens with real dice, you check the dice or get new ones. The recent battles that your statistics come from were primarily 1v1, come from behind victories.

No idea about the algorithm. But it's an odd and seemingly devious recurrence...
Captain Puddleglum

Postby macbone on Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:30 am

Puddleglum, I have to say, man, those are some beautiful dice stats. =)
Colonel macbone

Postby natty dread on Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:03 pm

Puddleglum wrote: Anytime something like that happens with real dice, you check the dice or get new ones.

You must spend a shitload of money on new dice...
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Postby jackin_u_up on Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:06 am

Whenever i really need good dice i just turn on my GreaseMonkey dice scripter. Its not available on this website though so just shoot me a pm and i can set u up.
Sergeant 1st Class jackin_u_up

Postby arigatou on Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:32 pm

Our strategy, let us win all the time. Therefore, I suggest a good strategy to use your bad dice....
New Recruit arigatou

Postby Codrut on Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:56 pm

Image[/quote]

What is this tool that lists the number of kills and losses on Battle Outcomes?
Colonel Codrut

Postby codierose on Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:43 am

dice stats left side of page above medal stats below referral program
Major codierose

Postby Codrut on Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:56 am

My dice stats tab doesn't show the number of kills and losses - only luck, avg roll and how many times each die came up.

Let me see if I can post the picture.

[img]C:\Users\User\Desktop\Sin%20título.jpg[/img]
Colonel Codrut

PreviousNext

Return to Conquer Club Discussion