Conquer Club

Salem's Switch V36 [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Salem's Switch [19.1.12] V29-P22 signatures

Postby cairnswk on Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:28 pm

Gilligan wrote:Another question cairns -

1 each of accused and accuser / 1 rev and 6 landowners - can these be stacked?

stacked...unfamiliar with that term gilligan :?:
If you mean 2 each of accused and accuser +4
or
2 rev and 12 landwoners + 6
- i am thinking yes. there will have to be ovverrides for each one up to the max possible.
What do you think?
* Pearl Harbour * Waterloo * Forbidden City * Jamaica * Pot Mosbi
Private cairnswk

Postby Gilligan on Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:19 pm

Just have to do some coordinate centering of the large version, and I'm done. I'll post it here soon.
Captain Gilligan

Postby cairnswk on Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:26 am

Gilligan wrote:Just have to do some coordinate centering of the large version, and I'm done. I'll post it here soon.

Thanks Gilligan :)
Private cairnswk

Postby Gilligan on Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:28 pm

Not completely done centering, but here it is so far (Large is too small for my screen :( )

Click image to enlarge.

Click image to enlarge.
Captain Gilligan

Postby cairnswk on Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:59 pm

Good work so far Gilligan...as soon as we got over to FF, you can attach the xml file and i can do the large for you.
btw, on the large Rev. Hale is missing an army. ;)
Private cairnswk

Postby J_Indr on Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:54 am

cairnswk wrote:Good work so far Gilligan...as soon as we got over to FF, you can attach the xml file and i can do the large for you.

The same goes for Old Planter Farms
Corporal 1st Class J_Indr

Postby Gilligan on Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:25 am

J_Indr wrote:
cairnswk wrote:Good work so far Gilligan...as soon as we got over to FF, you can attach the xml file and i can do the large for you.

The same goes for Old Planter Farms

How the fudge
Captain Gilligan

Postby gimil on Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:40 pm

Nothing looking out of place to me.

Welcome to the forge.
What do you know about map making, bitch?

natty_dread wrote:I was wrong

Top Score:2403
Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby cairnswk on Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:09 pm

gimil wrote:Nothing looking out of place to me.

Welcome to the forge.

Thank-you gimil :)
Private cairnswk

Re: Salem's Switch [19.1.12] V29-P22 XML

Postby Gillipig on Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:06 am

What I like about this map is the uniqueness of the theme. There's no map like this and it makes for interesting gameplay. One small detail I noticed is that the snare in the legend and on the board has different colours. In the legend it's yellow, on the board it's white. Led to a small confusion as I initially started looking after yellow snares before I realized that there weren't any :)!
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Re: Salem's Switch [19.1.12] V29-P22 XML

Postby AndyDufresne on Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:14 am

One small thing I might do is highlight the Gossip part of the gameplay. Right now, it is in the corner and roughly the same textual color as thematic / non-gameplay related text. Making it a little more prominent might be worth it.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Re: Salem's Switch [3.2.12] V30-P26 XML

Postby cairnswk on Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:51 pm

Gillipig wrote:What I like about this map is the uniqueness of the theme. There's no map like this and it makes for interesting gameplay. One small detail I noticed is that the snare in the legend and on the board has different colours. In the legend it's yellow, on the board it's white. Led to a small confusion as I initially started looking after yellow snares before I realized that there weren't any :)!

in actual fact, the hangman's nooses are coloured ghost green. It was a yellwo glow around the legend one that made it appear yellow, but has now been changed to white.

AndyDufresne wrote:One small thing I might do is highlight the Gossip part of the gameplay. Right now, it is in the corner and roughly the same textual color as thematic / non-gameplay related text. Making it a little more prominent might be worth it.
--Andy

Done.

Version 30

Click image to enlarge.
Private cairnswk

Postby Gilligan on Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:24 pm

XML: http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/11/14 ... Final2.xml

Small 88:
Click image to enlarge.

(Most of) Large 88:
Click image to enlarge.

If there are any coordinates that you'd like better, let me know...My eyes started to see things after staring at it.
Captain Gilligan

Postby natty dread on Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:29 pm

Gilligan wrote:My eyes started to see things after staring at it.

My eyes see things all the time :lol:

Anyway, for the xml check, can you please post a version that has all the intended starting neutrals, and starting positions if any? Not from the xml, but those intended by the mapmaker.
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Postby Gilligan on Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:35 pm

natty_dread wrote:

Anyway, for the xml check, can you please post a version that has all the intended starting neutrals, and starting positions if any? Not from the xml, but those intended by the mapmaker.

Click image to enlarge.
Captain Gilligan

Postby natty dread on Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:39 pm

Thanks.

Postby cairnswk on Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:57 pm

natty_dread wrote:

While i appreciate Gilligan did that, i think if you check the first page you'll find one there also :idea:
Private cairnswk

Postby natty dread on Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:06 pm

cairnswk wrote:While i appreciate Gilligan did that, i think if you check the first page you'll find one there also :idea:

For now, I'm asking all mapmakers / xml writers to post an image with neutrals/start positions just to be sure to have the latest version. In the future, these will be required to be posted in the xml checks thread along with the xml & map images.

This is to ensure the XML will be properly checked and no mistakes such as people starting with bonuses will slip through, so your co-operation will be appreciated. Thanks.

Postby cairnswk on Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:29 pm

natty_dread wrote:
cairnswk wrote:While i appreciate Gilligan did that, i think if you check the first page you'll find one there also :idea:

For now, I'm asking all mapmakers / xml writers to post an image with neutrals/start positions just to be sure to have the latest version. In the future, these will be required to be posted in the xml checks thread along with the xml & map images.

This is to ensure the XML will be properly checked and no mistakes such as people starting with bonuses will slip through, so your co-operation will be appreciated. Thanks.

Oh, i didn't realise you were the new xml CA. :lol:
or hasn't this been announced yet?
Private cairnswk

Postby natty dread on Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:41 pm

I've been checking XML:s for a couple of months now :-s

Postby cairnswk on Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:51 pm

natty_dread wrote:I've been checking XML:s for a couple of months now :-s

So as far as i am concerned just because you are checking xmls behind the scenes, and if there has been no official announcement of you being the new xml CA, then i don't think you have any right to either request or demand anything of the sort to be done, since to my perception, you are only still a mapmaker. I'm sorry natty, but come down off that high horse of yours otherwise we will continue to clash severely...you are not the law around here...yet!
Private cairnswk

Postby natty dread on Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:07 pm

cairnswk wrote:So as far as i am concerned just because you are checking xmls behind the scenes, and if there has been no official announcement of you being the new xml CA, then i don't think you have any right to either request or demand anything of the sort to be done, since to my perception, you are only still a mapmaker. I'm sorry natty, but come down off that high horse of yours otherwise we will continue to clash severely...you are not the law around here...yet!

I'm sorry you feel that way cairnswk, perhaps you'd like for someone else to check your XML:s? I can ask if that can be arranged, I'm sure someone else will get to it eventually...

I'm sorry you feel that I'm on a "high horse", but when I request an image with neutrals from you, it's done for your benefit, not to spite you. If you have a problem with it, or if my word is not good enough for you, you can take it up with thenobodies80.

Postby cairnswk on Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:19 pm

natty_dread wrote:
cairnswk wrote:So as far as i am concerned just because you are checking xmls behind the scenes, and if there has been no official announcement of you being the new xml CA, then i don't think you have any right to either request or demand anything of the sort to be done, since to my perception, you are only still a mapmaker. I'm sorry natty, but come down off that high horse of yours otherwise we will continue to clash severely...you are not the law around here...yet!

I'm sorry you feel that way cairnswk, perhaps you'd like for someone else to check your XML:s? I can ask if that can be arranged, I'm sure someone else will get to it eventually...

I'm sorry you feel that I'm on a "high horse", but when I request an image with neutrals from you, it's done for your benefit, not to spite you. If you have a problem with it, or if my word is not good enough for you, you can take it up with thenobodies80.

natty, i have no problems providing you with an image or anyone else on my team providing you with an image if it is done is a manner that appears as a simple request and not something in the somewhat "demanding" vain as was put in this:

Also, i'd like to know why no announcement was made about you checking xmls, which again i have no problems with if there is a need for such to be done.
However, it appears as though, like the double standards that are/have been applied to the behind-the-scenes maps (which you are totally against because of unfair advantage and so-called eliteism, which i agree with) there is double standards occuring here because once again, the foundry has not been kept informed via an annoucement of what is going on with the CAs.
You see, i can only respect "officialdom" when it is publicly announced and not executed like the "ole boys club' behind the scenes.
I am surprised at you, for being in favour of non-double standards in one area, and yet applying double standard (intentional or not) in another. A little humility goes a long way natty.
In fact, this little tidbit from you elsewhere could very well be applied here...
rather than trying to browbeat the mapmaker into obedience.
Private cairnswk

Postby thenobodies80 on Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:53 am

My fault here since i never wrote an announcement for natty as xml checker.
For now cairnswk, I apologize for not letting you (and others foundry goers) know about it.....not trying to find an excuse, but lately my life has been a bit a mess.

I'll check my to-do list during this weekend. ;)

Nobodies
Sergeant 1st Class thenobodies80

Postby natty dread on Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:21 am

Quick thing... on George Jacobs Sn., is the Sn. short for Senior?

If so, isn't it usually abbreviated as Sr. ?

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas