Conquer Club

Suggestion.......Player Link?

Have suggestion for a new or old tool/enhancement? Come on in!

Moderator: Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Suggestion.......Player Link?

Postby L M S on Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:04 pm

Tool that would enable a 'game-link'-like mini info/stat window to open up upon hovering over a players username, mostly would be beneficial/useful/convenient in the forums probably but also during a game finder search.

Displaying a little information at a quick glance like it does on the side in a forum post...maybe some other info as well, of course that to be determined by people much smarter than me.

Reason:
I find it (sometimes) entertaining to browse the forums and lots of times a players profile is linked. I don't necessarily want to be taken to a new page but, wouldn't mind checking out the pertinent info on the guy, same as when browsing public games.

Possible info to be included in the mini snapshot using player link: (I'll update the list as the discussion goes along)
Name
Score
Rank
Clan Affiliation
Country of Origin
# of Medals Awarded
Games Played
% Won
% Turns Taken
Quick PM link
Quick Friend or Foe link
Last edited by L M S on Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“One of God's own prototypes.....never even considered for mass production.
Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”
Sergeant 1st Class L M S
SoC Training Adviser

Re: Suggestion.......Player Link?

Postby sherkaner on Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:31 pm

I think Ender wanted to try something like what you're suggesting, not sure of the current status though.
For reference, this is what we get back from the API (and you can see it matches your list pretty good, only clan affiliation is missing + links):

userid - the user id #
username - the username
membership - "F" = Free, "P" = Premium
score - the score
games_completed - the number of games completed
games_won - the number of games won
rank - the rank
rating - the rating
country - the country
attendance - the % attendance
medals - the number of medals
Colonel sherkaner

Postby chapcrap on Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:43 pm

I support this suggestion. I would definitely use it and enjoy it!
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby ender516 on Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:04 am

I have a script in the early stages of development for this idea. Unfortunately, I haven't had as much quality time for CC as I would like lately, and this is at a lower priority than (1) my keeping up with the forums that the Tech Team moderates, and (2) trying to get some XML polished up for the Baltic Crusades map. As sherkaner said, it covers only items available from the API, which does not include the groups (clans and Team CC affiliations). I don't see why this could not be added to the API, but these things can change slowly. As far as quick links go, I am not sure how that would work, as the player link, like the game link it is modelled on, pops up a small window, like a tool tip, when hovering over a link of the appropriate type. Once you try to drag to, say, a quick PM button, the popup disappears.
Don't forget, if you are looking at a forum post, there is a PM button on the right below the medals.
Sergeant 1st Class ender516

Return to Tools Suggestions