Conquer Club

Game Finder Favourites

Have suggestion for a new or old tool/enhancement? Come on in!

Moderator: Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Game Finder Favourites

Postby W F Crappeshotte on Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:48 am

I've just returned to CC after a sabbatical, and would like to suggest a tool or feature that I'd find very useful. If it already exists, I'm sure someone will let me know in pretty short order...

I'd like some way of storing Favourite selections on the Game Finder page. There are some maps that I like a lot, and many others that I'm not interested in playing. Likewise, there are some game formats that I prefer, and some I'd prefer to avoid.

It would be a great help to me (and presumably to many others...?) if I could save my Favourites so that I don't have to trawl through the list of maps and click loads of boxes before hitting Search.

Doable? Done?
Captain W F Crappeshotte

Re: Game Finder Favourites

Postby ThrushAAX on Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:29 am

Sounds like the saved searches script would do what you need... viewtopic.php?f=527&t=18815
Colonel ThrushAAX

Postby W F Crappeshotte on Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:17 pm

I don't run Firefox: call me an old fuddy-duddy. But that does sound like the kind of thing I'm after.
Captain W F Crappeshotte

Postby chapcrap on Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:45 pm

W F Crappeshotte wrote:I don't run Firefox: call me an old fuddy-duddy. But that does sound like the kind of thing I'm after.

If you don't have Firefox, why are you posting in the Tools and Enhancements section? Firefox or Chrome are what is used. You should post in the suggestions forum if you want something new for the whole site.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby ender516 on Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:08 am

W F Crappeshotte wrote:I don't run Firefox: call me an old fuddy-duddy. But that does sound like the kind of thing I'm after.

What do you run, then?
Sergeant 1st Class ender516

Postby W F Crappeshotte on Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:06 am

Umm... IE? I didn't realise this section was for Firefox only. But I've found the thread for IE7Pro now, so I'll shut up...
Captain W F Crappeshotte

Postby chapcrap on Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:14 am

W F Crappeshotte wrote:Umm... IE? I didn't realise this section was for Firefox only. But I've found the thread for IE7Pro now, so I'll shut up...

I wasn't saying to shut up. I was just pointing out that the addons aren't used on IE. I think this could be something that is good as a site improvement.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Return to Tools Suggestions