Conquer Club

Busted Multi punishment Change

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Re: Busted Multi punishment Change

Postby blakebowling on Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:46 am

cookie0117 wrote:
nebsmith wrote:I like the idea, but how much work would it be to go through all the games the multi played and return the lost points.
Also would any of the other players stats need reseting too.

I am by no means a computer wizard, I can work this site, just. As all the games are archived, it cant be that difficult to serach them, then reverse the results. Sure it would take the writing of a computer jiggery pokery program but these people are wizards, all this happens

Since point gain/loss is calculated based on current score. You would have to recalculate EVERY game where points have been issued after a multi gained/lost points.

I'll try to make it a bit more clear:

Let's say you have a four player game, where blue and yellow are multi's.
If yellow helps blue win, and they are later busted. Points would have to be calculated backwards up through that game, and then forwards for every game any of those four have played in, and then recursively with those games, and on and on until every game would need to be recalculated.

TL;DR - It's not possible with the current points system. You'd need to change the way score works fundamentally.
Private blakebowling

Postby chapcrap on Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:43 pm

mc05025 wrote:
b00060 wrote:No mercy for cheaters!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yeaaaa, I agree. I think 2 years in prison is the best solution

I think this is only possible solution. :lol:

I don't really care that much about getting points back from losing to a multi, but I do think they should all just get point resets. I think it would deter multis a bit more and be more fair to the site in general.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby lethlethe on Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:41 pm

cookie0117 wrote:I do not see why it would take a certain number of people to read and post on a topic to do the right thing. Multis ruin the site and game for people, so CC should be proactive in stopping and punishing the behaviour. Not drag their feet and wait untill the calls are at page 5 before considering it.

Taking the points off of a multi and returning them to people they were taken from is only bad for the multis, not wanting to do it is sending the message that CC rewards being a multi by allowing you to keep your ill gotten gains, also it maintains the punishment of honest players who do not get their stolen points back.

I agree, a good idea is a good idea. No matter how much people reacted. Or, they should revamp the suggestion system - which was suggested in the suggestion forum. :)
Captain lethlethe

Postby lethlethe on Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:45 pm

blakebowling wrote:
cookie0117 wrote:
nebsmith wrote:I like the idea, but how much work would it be to go through all the games the multi played and return the lost points.

I am by no means a computer wizard, I can work this site, just. As all the games are archived, it cant be that difficult to serach them, then reverse the results. Sure it would take the writing of a computer jiggery pokery program but these people are wizards, all this happens

Since point gain/loss is calculated based on current score. You would have to recalculate EVERY game where points have been issued after a multi gained/lost points.

I'll try to make it a bit more clear:

Let's say you have a four player game, where blue and yellow are multi's.
If yellow helps blue win, and they are later busted. Points would have to be calculated backwards up through that game, and then forwards for every game any of those four have played in, and then recursively with those games, and on and on until every game would need to be recalculated.

TL;DR - It's not possible with the current points system. You'd need to change the way score works fundamentally.

Does it really have to be that complicated? Why not look back at the game they played together and evenly redistribute the points? Btw: most multi's do not play that much games as multi's (at least, I think they don't - anyone can verify that?) since their alias probably is a freemium-player. But still, I'm sure there must be an easier way to solve this?
Captain lethlethe

Postby lethlethe on Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:48 pm

O, and before I forget: I support this suggestion. The current policy isn't harsh enough on cheaters (au contraire).
Captain lethlethe

Postby spiesr on Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:21 pm

lethlethe wrote:Does it really have to be that complicated? Why not look back at the game they played together and evenly redistribute the points? Btw: most multi's do not play that much games as multi's (at least, I think they don't - anyone can verify that?) since their alias probably is a freemium-player. But still, I'm sure there must be an easier way to solve this?
To do things properly it would be that complicated. Since the point system is dependent on the current score of players, any game that are completed between the time when the player loses points to the multi and the time when when those points are returned would be affected. Simply doing so would open up a new avenue for abuse where it would be to a player's advantage to lose as many games to multi (and then have the points returned) as possible. Doing so would allow a player to temporarily lower their score, allowing the player to gain more points (or lose less) from other games than they should have.
Captain spiesr

Postby lethlethe on Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:31 am

spiesr wrote:
lethlethe wrote:Does it really have to be that complicated? Why not look back at the game they played together and evenly redistribute the points? Btw: most multi's do not play that much games as multi's (at least, I think they don't - anyone can verify that?) since their alias probably is a freemium-player. But still, I'm sure there must be an easier way to solve this?
To do things properly it would be that complicated. Since the point system is dependent on the current score of players, any game that are completed between the time when the player loses points to the multi and the time when when those points are returned would be affected. Simply doing so would open up a new avenue for abuse where it would be to a player's advantage to lose as many games to multi (and then have the points returned) as possible. Doing so would allow a player to temporarily lower their score, allowing the player to gain more points (or lose less) from other games than they should have.

Ok, thanks. Still, I something will be done about this.
Captain lethlethe

Postby trinicardinal on Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:33 am

I like the idea - it might need some tweaking based on the scoring system but I do agree that multis need to be more harshly treated.
10:16:35 ‹Ace Rimmer› haven't looked at work in ages
10:42:43 ‹Sackett58› fine, I'll take my panties elsewhere
Captain trinicardinal

Postby Woodruff on Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:38 pm

Agreed. The first part of the proposal is good, but I think the returning of points is probably asking too much.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby sundance123 on Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:43 pm

I support this completely. I am sure the owner gets what he wants when a busted multi pays another 25 dollars and thats okay. The CC community should get something too (aka justice) as the cheating is against us and not the site administrators (sorry guys).
Captain sundance123

Postby kronic69 on Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:29 am

CC needs to listen to its customers!!

I agree that having and using multi accounts can make this game frustrating....however for almost 5 years a suggestion was made to have the ability to change your user name. Has CC listened...NO. I grew bored and frustrated with CC almost a year ago and I have not used this account (kronic69) since then. Recently I got the urge, however I wanted to start over.....So I created a new account and immediately sent a help ticket to notify CC mods that I will be using the new account ONLY and to deactivate my old account. Lets be clear, I in no was going to misuse the new account. I was met with a rude response and threats to deactivate both accounts.... deactivate.. so the can really do that.... one response even told me to only use my "primary" account... this infers that you can have a secondary account....CC mods.. stop the GOD complex and listen to your customers.

my suggestions are:

1. Create an ability to "prestige" (after you reach a certain point total) and start your stats all over, possibly giving a metal when doing so
2. During the prestige stage, offer the option to change your user name
3. or offer the ability to create an alternate user name under the same account
4. Follow a protocall all for account deactivation (not allow for games to be joined or forum posting) and allow for a new account user name to be created.

This will help to control misuse and allow for a user name change.
I am not suggesting to lose any game data or harm the integrity of the game, but to improve and allow for flexibility in a simple task... change your user name. The only reason why I created a new account (I had the old one since 20007) was because I grew tired of my old user name and wanted to start over on my stats and not to cheat in any way.

CC MODS wake up and start implementing some of these suggestions, instead of saying NO, think of how suggestions can improve the site and increase the #of paid users.... until this happens, I will probably remain a Freemium player.... if I play at all.
Sergeant kronic69

Postby TheForgivenOne on Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:21 pm

You do know that multi's don't always create a second account just to get a new name, right?
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby lethlethe on Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:09 am

Hey forgiven, good to read your response. I think he does know this, I think he just wants to add to the discussion by saying there is apparently a policy to delete accounts in certain instance. The rest should be part of a different suggestion thread - maybe the moderator can create a new topic for his suggestions about prestiging, etc.

While we're at it: do you forgiven have any reactions to the original suggestion concerning the rather loose policies against cheaters?
Captain lethlethe

Postby eddie2 on Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:20 am

i am behind this 100 percent. i have always thought what most multis do is.

when close to running out of premium (like last month) they open a multi get as many points as possible from the multi account either in multi player games or single player. the multi then gets busted they get stripped of premium (that was going to run out anyway.) and wow they have a couple of hundred extra points and no punishment as they just buy the premium they were going to anyway. and carry on playing.
Lieutenant eddie2

Postby lethlethe on Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:22 pm

Never looked at it that way - but indeed that would be the way to go if you are a premium player...
Captain lethlethe

Postby agentcom on Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:47 pm

Point resets don't work. The player who gets the point reset may be a very good player; however, he or she is now playing with only 1000 points. So, he or she is going to take away a lot more points in a win and lose a lot less points in a loss than is "deserved." While this system, when suggested, receives praise from many users, the downside of punishing unsuspecting future opponents is often neglected. This alone is enough for this suggestion to be REJECTED.

Some, including myself, have mentioned a point "penalty" that attempts to perform more of a corrective than punitive role and should not have these unfair effects on the point system. I'm not optimistic of even that type of punishment going through, but it is out there and I will continue to support it.

If I had to give my best estimation of what type of augmented punishment has the best chances of going through due to the amount of user support, I would pick the stripping of certain medals, as mentioned in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=170171.
Colonel agentcom

Previous

Return to Archived Suggestions