Conquer Club

Poll on Racism

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Is it just as racist to SUPPORT someone based on race; as it is to OPPOSE someone based on race

Total votes : 0

Re: Poll on Racism: Samuel Jackson

Postby Lootifer on Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:15 pm

john9blue wrote:
Lootifer wrote:Samual is an idiot, but it doesnt make him racist for supporting a black man (your premise).

voting for a black man because he's black isn't racist?

No, and i've discussed the reasons for this earlier in the thread.
I go to the gym to justify my mockery of fat people.
Lieutenant Lootifer

Postby john9blue on Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:34 pm

Lootifer wrote:No, and i've discussed the reasons for this earlier in the thread.

link me so i can see how you managed to justify that LOL
natty_dread wrote:Do ponies have sex?
Army of GOD wrote:the term heterosexual is offensive. I prefer to be called "normal"
(proud member of the Occasionally Wrongly Banned)
Captain john9blue

Postby pimpdave on Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:48 pm

I like how this thread conveniently resurfaces after Herman Cain is out of contention.
jay_a2j wrote:hey if any1 would like me to make them a signature or like an avator just let me no, my sig below i did, and i also did "panther 88" so i can do something like that for u if ud like...
Sergeant 1st Class pimpdave

Postby Mr_Adams on Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:55 pm

pimpdave wrote:I like how this thread conveniently resurfaces after Herman Cain is out of contention.

I like how that fact is completely irrelevant.
Captain Mr_Adams

Postby Phatscotty on Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:05 am

Lootifer wrote:Ok PS, there are a couple of things that jump up at me from the links and your/the bloggers comments on the situation; some are obvious, some not so much:

- Sammy is none too smart (obvious)
- His main point is not that he voted for Obama because he is black but the [fallaciously founded] argument that two wrongs make a right: rephrasing... "dem der white folk wont vote for a black man so ima cancel dem out and not vote for a white man, herpa-dee-derp".

Samual is an idiot, but it doesnt make him racist for supporting a black man (your premise).

He's not racist for supporting a black man. He is racist for making his decision based solely on skin color. I think that is as clean as a match to being racist as it gets. If you say you will only vote for someone who is black, you also say that you are not supporting someone else because they are white/purple/yellow/green......NOT BLACK!

I understand this is a "progressive" attitude, which makes total sense when it comes to the issue of racism. I also understand sometimes the racism is so blatant that you can't even see it until after you give it some thought.
Major Phatscotty

Postby Phatscotty on Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:08 am

pimpdave wrote:Obama is the most effective, brilliant and amazing president this country has ever had.

Source? :lol:
Last edited by Phatscotty on Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
Major Phatscotty

Postby pimpdave on Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:10 am

Mr_Adams wrote:
pimpdave wrote:I like how this thread conveniently resurfaces after Herman Cain is out of contention.

No it's not.
jay_a2j wrote:hey if any1 would like me to make them a signature or like an avator just let me no, my sig below i did, and i also did "panther 88" so i can do something like that for u if ud like...
Sergeant 1st Class pimpdave

Postby Phatscotty on Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:15 am

Obama flunked out of College!

Sure, he's the most intelligent person ever!
Major Phatscotty

Re: Poll on Racism: Morgan Freeman Strikes Back!

Postby BigBallinStalin on Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:17 am

If Phatscotty is quoting correctly, then here's the problem between what Samual L. Jackson said and how the blogger misinterpreted/misonstrued Sammy J's stance:

Phatscotty wrote:http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2012/02/samuel_l_jackson_look_beyond_race_assess_the_man.html

When Ebony asked actor Samuel L. Jackson where he stood, his answer raised some eyebrows. Obama's "message didn't mean sh*t to me," Jackson said, according to the New York Post. "I just hoped he would do some of what he said he was gonna do." Implying that Obama has not yet been able to behave like a "scary" "n*gga," Jackson said he hopes Obama will be more "scary" in his second term, "cuz he ain't gotta worry about getting re-elected." "I voted for Barack because he was black," Jackson said.

Samuel L. Jackson believes Obama's character, policies and agenda are irrelevant. Jackson said he voted for Obama because he is black.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/201 ... z1mJNhRRId

http://www.politico.com/blogs/click/201 ... 14201.html

Note the above underlined parts.

"Samuel L. Jackson believes Obama's character, policies and agenda are irrelevant" (blogger), yet Sammy J actually said, "I just hoped he would do some of what he said he was gonna do." Expecting Obama to fulfill his promises places an importance on Obama's policies and agenda, thus those become relevant to Samuel L. Jackson.

For the blogger's criticism of Sammy J to be correct, the blogger has to show that Sammy J's expectation of Obama fulfilling his promises had no affect whatsoever on Sammy J's decision to vote for Obama. Absolutely no effect, none. Then we can safely conclude that Sammy J voted for Obama solely because he was black.*

*which I don't think is the only reason why--due to Sammy J's expectations of Obama and his promised outcomes. How many people would vote for Herman Cain because he is black? (Just sayin, there's more to it than skin color).
Last edited by BigBallinStalin on Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby BigBallinStalin on Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:19 am

Lootifer wrote:Ahahahaha.

ā€œI voted for Barack because he was black. ā€™Cuz thatā€™s why other folks vote for other people ā€” because they look like them,ā€

Well done: You and your "american thinker" blogger missed the point of his statement and immediately jumped on the sound bite.

The blogger being an american thinker is almost too ironic :lol:

Exactly. They did (un)intentionally missed the point (well, at least the blogger did for sure).

Voting for someone solely for the reason of their looks doesn't really encompass the influences on an individual's decision to vote for Obama.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby BigBallinStalin on Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:22 am

Phatscotty wrote:
Lootifer wrote:Ok PS, there are a couple of things that jump up at me from the links and your/the bloggers comments on the situation; some are obvious, some not so much:

- His main point is not that he voted for Obama because he is black but the [fallaciously founded] argument that two wrongs make a right: rephrasing... "dem der white folk wont vote for a black man so ima cancel dem out and not vote for a white man, herpa-dee-derp".

Samual is an idiot, but it doesnt make him racist for supporting a black man (your premise).

He's not racist for supporting a black man. He is racist for making his decision based solely on skin color.

If that was true, then why weren't African Americans screaming so much about voting for Herman Cain when he was running?

Perhaps they couldn't make up their minds because both Obama and Herman Cain were black? (...)

My point is that even if you can quote someone out of context saying "I voted for him because he's black," it doesn't follow that the only reason which influenced his decision was the politician's skin color. People aren't known for articulating everything which influences their decision-making.
Major BigBallinStalin

Postby Phatscotty on Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:24 am

BigBallinStalin wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:

He's not racist for supporting a black man. He is racist for making his decision based solely on skin color.

If that was true, then why weren't African Americans screaming so much about voting for Herman Cain when he was running?

Perhaps they couldn't make up their minds because both Obama and Herman Cain were black? (...)

My point is that even if you can quote someone out of context saying "I voted for him because he's black," it doesn't follow that the only reason which influenced his decision was the politician's skin color. People aren't known for articulating everything which influences their decision-making.

Well, he also said "I don't give a shit about his message..." so there's that, and a few other things....
Major Phatscotty

Postby patches70 on Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:25 am

Phatscotty wrote:

He's not racist for supporting a black man. He is racist for making his decision based solely on skin color. I think that is as clean as a match to being racist as it gets. If you say you will only vote for someone who is black, you also say that you are not supporting someone else because they are white/purple/yellow/green......NOT BLACK!

I understand this is a "progressive" attitude, which makes total sense when it comes to the issue of racism. I also understand sometimes the racism is so blatant that you can't even see it until after you give it some thought.

It's a prejudice. Is Samuel Jackson a racist? I have no idea, but he's clearly prejudice. More power to him.

If Samuel Jackson said "Yeah, I dated her because she's black. I didn't date that other chick because she's white. I date people who look like me." That's not racist either. It's clearly preferential and prejudice. In Jackson's case, given the choice between a voting for a black guy and a white guy he clearly preferred the black guy "because he looks like me". It's a prejudice and is quite natural in people.
There isn't really enough information as to whether or not he's a racist. Who did he vote for between Bush vs Kerry? Or Bush vs Gore? You think he might have actually voted for one of them white guys? He might not have voted, I have no idea. He only talked about Obama's election.

If he said he hoped Obama would start rounding up and arresting people who were white (because they are white) and absconding with their property and given it to black folks, then I'd be inclined to say he's racist. You know, kinda like what happened in South Africa after the ANC took over. That was some racist stuff, following in the footsteps of other racists before them.

Samuel Jackson is just an idiot and in America where we are "supposed" to be free, means we can be idiots if we so choose, so long as we as individuals do not trample on the rights of others. Jackson voting for Obama because Obama is black does no harm to anyone's rights or life. He could have voted for Obama because he had the exact number of letters in his particular name. He could vote for Obama for any reason he wished, it makes no difference at all. And I don't see him quoted as wanting any harm to be done to specifically white people. Or the rights of anyone, of any color, to be trampled or denied.

That's what freedom means. It encompasses all that is good in people and all that is bad or ignorant. Prejudice suckers like Jackson are worthy of ridicule. Real racists are worthy of public floggings and/or executions.
Private patches70

Postby BigBallinStalin on Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:27 am

Phatscotty wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:

Well, he also said "I don't give a shit about his message..." so there's that, and a few other things....

People aren't known for articulating everything which influences their decision-making.

Why didn't Sammy J fully support Herman Cain earlier? He was also black, so why not?
Major BigBallinStalin

Postby BigBallinStalin on Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:28 am

patches70 wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:

It's a prejudice. Is Samuel Jackson a racist? I have no idea, but he's clearly prejudice. More power to him.

If Samuel Jackson said "Yeah, I dated her because she's black. I didn't date that other chick because she's white. I date people who look like me." That's not racist either. It's clearly preferential and prejudice. In Jackson's case, given the choice between a voting for a black guy and a white guy he clearly preferred the black guy "because he looks like me". It's a prejudice and is quite natural in people.
There isn't really enough information as to whether or not he's a racist. Who did he vote for between Bush vs Kerry? Or Bush vs Gore? You think he might have actually voted for one of them white guys? He might not have voted, I have no idea. He only talked about Obama's election.

If he said he hoped Obama would start rounding up and arresting people who were white (because they are white) and absconding with their property and given it to black folks, then I'd be inclined to say he's racist. You know, kinda like what happened in South Africa after the ANC took over. That was some racist stuff, following in the footsteps of other racists before them.

Samuel Jackson is just an idiot and in America where we are "supposed" to be free, means we can be idiots if we so choose, so long as we as individuals do not trample on the rights of others. Jackson voting for Obama because Obama is black does no harm to anyone's rights or life. He could have voted for Obama because he had the exact number of letters in his particular name. He could vote for Obama for any reason he wished, it makes no difference at all. And I don't see him quoted as wanting any harm to be done to specifically white people. Or the rights of anyone, of any color, to be trampled or denied.

That's what freedom means. It encompasses all that is good in people and all that is bad or ignorant. Prejudice suckers like Jackson are worthy of ridicule. Real racists are worthy of public floggings and/or executions.

Freedom, freedom, freedom, freedom, freedom, and "real racists are worthy of public floggings and/or executions."

Wow.
Major BigBallinStalin

Postby Mr_Adams on Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:37 am

pimpdave wrote:
Mr_Adams wrote:

No it's not.

This thread was active when Cain was in the race, the thread is active after Cain was out of the race. there was a dead period, wherein Cain dropped out of the race, with no correlation of dates or topics discussed. There is, quite frankly, no correlation between this thread and Herman Cain's candidacy, therefore, your comment is entirely irrelevant.
Captain Mr_Adams

Postby Phatscotty on Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:37 am

Well, I'm just coming from the common sense on the street, and something Obama has said in the past, something about his white grandma getting all nervous when a black person was walking towards her, and he defined that in a racist way. She supposedly made her decision based only on the color of the person's skin. This was around the time Eric Holder said this country needed to have a healthy debate about racism or something, and that many people were cowards for some reason...

Also, I am only speaking from my belief (and MLK's belief) that a person should not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character, so of course when I see someone like Jackson saying "I judge by the color of the skin, and 'I don't give a shit' about the content of their character", I am going to point it out.
Major Phatscotty

Postby john9blue on Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:40 am

BigBallinStalin wrote:If that was true, then why weren't African Americans screaming so much about voting for Herman Cain when he was running?

because blacks as a group vote democrat? because they get a disproportionate amount of handouts from democrats?
Army of GOD wrote:the term heterosexual is offensive. I prefer to be called "normal"
Captain john9blue

Postby Phatscotty on Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:40 am

Mr_Adams wrote:
pimpdave wrote:
Mr_Adams wrote:

No it's not.

This thread was active when Cain was in the race, the thread is active after Cain was out of the race. there was a dead period, wherein Cain dropped out of the race, with no correlation of dates or topics discussed. There is, quite frankly, no correlation between this thread and Herman Cain's candidacy, therefore, your comment is entirely irrelevant.

This thread was born 2 years before anyone even knew who Herman Cain was. And there is only one way I could possibly understand PD's comment, and that is if someone is completely obsessed with skin color and thinks it's the reason for everything.
Major Phatscotty

Postby Phatscotty on Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:43 am

oh yeah, here it is. "typical white person"

Major Phatscotty

Postby BigBallinStalin on Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:45 am

john9blue wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:If that was true, then why weren't African Americans screaming so much about voting for Herman Cain when he was running?

because blacks as a group vote democrat? because they get a disproportionate amount of handouts from democrats?

Those are stereotypes, but at least we're getting closer to showing everyone that people do not vote for Obama only because he's black.
Major BigBallinStalin

Postby Phatscotty on Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:47 am

And patches, I understand and respect what you are saying by pointing out the difference between prejudice, bigotry, and racism. We just have different pov's on Obama and from where and how and when we grew up.

My school experience was extremely diverse. I played every sport there was and slept over at peoples houses and been to people's weddings and competed and had friends and enemies of every kind. There is a fine line, and whether which one of us is more correct or less, I'm sure we can agree a lot of people are playing right on that thin line so it can be hard to tell.
Major Phatscotty

Postby Phatscotty on Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:49 am

BigBallinStalin wrote:
john9blue wrote:

Those are stereotypes, but at least we're getting closer to showing everyone that people do not vote for Obama only because he's black.

What are the demographics of Obama voters?
Major Phatscotty

Postby BigBallinStalin on Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:56 am

Phatscotty wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:
john9blue wrote:

What are the demographics of Obama voters?

Oh wow! You're not dodging me? What gives?!

Here's some posts you missed:

http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=94454&start=435#p3596290

http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=94454&start=420#p3596280
Major BigBallinStalin

Postby john9blue on Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:08 am

BigBallinStalin wrote:Those are stereotypes, but at least we're getting closer to showing everyone that people do not vote for Obama only because he's black.

those are facts, not stereotypes.
Captain john9blue

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,