Conquer Club

2011 Awards....

Abandoned challenges and other old information.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

2011 Awards....

Postby Bruceswar on Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:32 am

So back in 2009 I did some award which were done on personal opinion. I would like to do those again, I had a positive spin to them and would like to keep it that way.

Best Clan of 2011: KORT - What a year for my very own clan. Taking down THOTA to start the year off really kicked things off. Beating LoW in the CL 3 Playoffs was also a nice touch. Beating THOTA put that cross hair square on our back's. KORT responded with beating G1, FOED and Empire in route to the finals again. Surely the clan to beat at this point. What will 2012 Bring? A new top clan?

Best War of 2011: TOFU vs Empire - When this war opened up, many people were picking TOFU to win. Empire took note of this and had something else to say. Empire would storm TOFU and pull a major upset. Not because they won, but in the fashion they won. They crushed TOFU 40-21. Empire was out for blood and to prove themselves and that they did. Congrats to Empire on a very impressive win.

Best New Clan: The Pack - Pack came storming out in 2011. Taking down many clans in the process. They moved at a very quick pace and played many games. It all came to a head after winning the new comers cup. They were set to face off with IA. There were many who picked IA to win and win pretty big. Pack fought in both the forums and games. Pack wound up winning in a controversial fashion. Not because of the games played, but the fact some of them did not receive medals for the forum postings.

Best Free Agent: Seulessliathan
- When Seul left TSM there was a ton of offers tossed his way. TOFU landed Seul which was indeed a great pickup for them. With many of the top players locked up already finding a gem is getting tougher and tougher.

Most Improved clan: Empire
- While Empire was already considered elite by many they just could not seem to land that landmark win. They played tough but could not find that last bit to pull it off in years past. Well this year they retooled and pulled off the win they needed. Beating TOFU clearly put them in the top 3 at the time. Even while losing to KORT, they were much improved. The future for Empire looks bright.

Oddest war: TNC vs LotZ - 201 total games. Need I say more? Wow, just wow. TNC won the war with a strong score 140 to 61. When I first saw this thread I thought these 2 clans were joking. Sure enough they were not joking and played forever it seems like. Hell of a war. Not for me, but looked like fun. I wonder how that would be with no map repeats? Interesting!

2011 was a year that brought change to a lot of things in the clan world. We saw jpcloet step down and Masli take over the head CD spot. I now hold that spot with the help of chemefreak and nicky15 THOTA suffered their first lost, and later 2nd loss. We saw New Comers Cup, 1 vs 1 league, All Comers Cup, and events take off. Can we have more? LoW, TOFU, and others slipped down the rankings, while PACK, Empire, and TSM climbed up in the upper level. AOD, ID, and LotZ Slipped down the ladder, while MM, Pig, and Myth made pushes up. There were so many new clans formed, and old clans lost. We are well over 40 clans now and the future for clans is bright. I look forward to a great 2012 for clans and CC. Who will make a splash this year in the clan world? Maybe your clan?

Feel free to add anything you wish or other awards you see fit.
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Re: 2011 Awards....

Postby John Deere on Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:57 pm

That wraps up 2011 pretty good Bruce! Well done. Anybody new to the clan world can get a quick overview of 2011 with this read.
Thanks grifftron for the pic! Your the man:)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjwAucpiC6Q&list=QL&playnext=1
Major John Deere

Postby mkcummins on Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:37 pm

well said, Bruce. thank you for the kind regard.
Captain mkcummins

Postby Bruceswar on Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:46 pm

glad you all like it.
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby betiko on Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:11 pm

nice post!

what would be the worse clan of 2011 though?
Major betiko

Postby Leehar on Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:38 pm

I don't think that'd fall under 'awards'

And I think Bruce is also trying to say that it has mostly been a positive year for all the clans. Even if some have under-performed, they've still gotten some wins under their belt
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby ViperOverLord on Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:19 am

Best New Clan: The Pack - Pack came storming out in 2011. Taking down many clans in the process. They moved at a very quick pace and played many games. It all came to a head after winning the new comers cup. They were set to face off with IA. There were many who picked IA to win and win pretty big. Pack fought in both the forums and games. Pack wound up winning in a controversial fashion. Not because of the games played, but the fact some of them did not receive medals for the forum postings.

Cool__ hopefully Man. D will be eligible to win this award in 2012 as we only started playing in August 2011. :D
Captain ViperOverLord

Postby Roussallier on Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:16 am

Excellent, I joined Risk Attackers as my first clan in early 2012 and this was a nice summary of clan standings.
If my timer is low, please contact Violet or Stotzi
Major Roussallier

Postby Leehar on Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:02 pm

These are the '09 awards btw

viewtopic.php?f=443&t=106787&start=0

I liked lucky's sig!
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby niMic on Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:42 pm

Fallen from the top: The Regulators - What was once a top clan has come crashing down. Not sure how it happened, but it came unglued. With every clan that goes down a new one will arise.

Oh, the Regulators :lol: "Come crashing down" barely begins to describe it. I had front-row seats to that whole thing.

And yeah, that was a fantastic sig.
Highest score: 3747
Highest rank: 17
General niMic

Postby eddie2 on Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:29 pm

very well said bruce but i do think you missed one thing.

if i am correct masli stepped down in december along with the other clan moderators chemefreak stayed on by himself for about 3 4 weeks running everything i think he should get a general achivement medal as a award for all the work done during that period and a big round of applause from all clans because it was not easy.
Lieutenant eddie2

Postby betiko on Tue May 01, 2012 5:50 pm

eddie2 wrote:very well said bruce but i do think you missed one thing.

if i am correct masli stepped down in december along with the other clan moderators chemefreak stayed on by himself for about 3 4 weeks running everything i think he should get a general achivement medal as a award for all the work done during that period and a big round of applause from all clans because it was not easy.

general contribution instead of acheivement you mean?
Major betiko

Postby Armandolas on Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:37 pm

Will you do this for 2012?
Its nice
Colonel Armandolas

Return to Clan Archives