Conquer Club

Piglandia [16.Feb.12] - V2 - P1&2 - OINK! OINK!

Have an idea for a map? Discuss ideas and concepts here.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Piglandia [16.Feb.12] - V2 - P1&2 - OINK! OINK!

Postby DiM on Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:36 pm

Map Name: Piglandia
Mapmaker(s): DiM
Number of Territories: tba
Special Features: none
What Makes This Map Worthy of Being Made: it's obviously FATtastic :lol:

V2:
*added names
*added borders
*added a minimap
Click image to enlarge.

show: V1
Last edited by DiM on Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Re: Piglandia [16.Feb.12] - V1 - P1 - OINK! OINK!

Postby Gilligan on Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:03 pm

Oh my. Not sure what to think of this. :-s
Captain Gilligan

Postby DiM on Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:06 pm

Gilligan wrote:Oh my. Not sure what to think of this. :-s

it's obvious the map is PHAT :mrgreen:
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby crazymilkshake5 on Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:00 pm

wow... just... wow.... haha not sure what to think...
Last edited by crazymilkshake5 on Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
highscore
Major crazymilkshake5

Postby koontz1973 on Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:10 am

DiM, I know we where having a joke over who was going to do the next animal map if the cow carries on and gets through, but you are still dead set against it so for you to spend even 5 minutes on this seems a little insulting to the foundry and contradictory. You cannot keep posting in the cow map thread how it is bad for CC and then do this.

Honestly, stop now and try to spend a little more of your talent on something worthwhile.

DiM from cow map thread wrote:as long as the map is just the image of a cow i think the idea is bad. i don't car if it's drawn like a butcher's chart, like a realistic looking island or like an alien mother ship shaped like a cow. no matter how you draw it it will still be a cow and that's basically the issue.
the main problem i (and others) have with this map is that is based on an arbitrary ordinary generic thing like a cow (a piano, a keyboard, a pig, brain, etc). so no matter how you disguise it, it will be the generic thing we hated in the first place and it will open the path for all other generic things that were tried and abandoned over the years.
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby natty dread on Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:27 am

Haha.... you're not serious, are you?
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Postby cairnswk on Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:55 am

natty dread wrote:Haha.... you're not serious, are you?

:lol: you don't know DiM.
Dim, the only thing i would say is that all the references to Fattest, Lard, Blubber Mines might be taken as offensive by those who are...not quite politically correct if you understand my meaning. Your attempt at humour is understood, but i don't think appropriate.
I look forward to see what else you can do with this. :)
* Pearl Harbour * Waterloo * Forbidden City * Jamaica * Pot Mosbi
Private cairnswk

Postby natty dread on Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:59 am

No, I don't think this should be allowed - just like I don't think the cow map should be allowed either if it's going to be just the same cow but masqueraded as an island.

I think the cow map can become a decent map if the mapmaker takes the story of an island of cows and really "takes it to the bank" so to speak. Instead of just trying to use it as an excuse to make a cow-shaped map. The gameplay and graphics would need to be supportive of the theme.

Postby ViperOverLord on Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:02 am

I know this map is a protest map__ but I like the field feel to this map. I hope you consider that in future maps.
Major ViperOverLord

Postby DiM on Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:17 am

koontz1973 wrote:DiM, I know we where having a joke over who was going to do the next animal map if the cow carries on and gets through, but you are still dead set against it so for you to spend even 5 minutes on this seems a little insulting to the foundry and contradictory. You cannot keep posting in the cow map thread how it is bad for CC and then do this.

actually i wasn't joking at all. if the foundry accepts a cow map then i don't see why we can't get a pig, then a horse, then all the animals in a farm.

koontz1973 wrote:Honestly, stop now and try to spend a little more of your talent on something worthwhile.

this was worthwhile. i spent a total of ~30 minutes testing and trying something new. the fact that the outcome was a pig map is irrelevant, what's important is that i expanded my skillset a bit.
Major DiM

Postby DiM on Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:23 am

cairnswk wrote:
natty dread wrote:Haha.... you're not serious, are you?

:lol: you don't know DiM.

cairns is right. if cow map is done this can be done too. and oh boy yu can then look forward to a whole series of farm animal maps. heck i can even be lazy and use the same style under the excuse that it's a whole series and needs to be consistent. i could probably churn out 4-5 animals per day easily.
if we get proper map filter i'm already suggesting a separate category for animals.

cairnswk wrote:Dim, the only thing i would say is that all the references to Fattest, Lard, Blubber Mines might be taken as offensive by those who are...not quite politically correct if you understand my meaning. Your attempt at humour is understood, but i don't think appropriate.
I look forward to see what else you can do with this. :)

pigs are fat, the map is about a pig island that will have various pig tribes. it's gonna be something similar to AoR series but with pigs. i think all the fat references fit. plus we have swastikas and confederate flags on our maps so i doubt this will be considered offensive :)
Major DiM

Postby DiM on Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:30 am

natty dread wrote:I think the cow map can become a decent map if the mapmaker takes the story of an island of cows and really "takes it to the bank" so to speak. Instead of just trying to use it as an excuse to make a cow-shaped map. The gameplay and graphics would need to be supportive of the theme.

that's exactly what i have here. a pig island full of little pigs fighting for supremacy.
there will be lard factories, blubber mines, suet pits, tallow fields. conquer them and you'll get fatter and fatter and as the map already says it's all about survival of the fattest.

so you see this is not just the image of a pig separated into various meat categories. this is actually a clever metaphor to our economic world where the big corporations get fatter and fatter. and it comes along with an interesting conquest type gameplay that brings resources into action. ;)
oh and it has bacon. anything with bacon should get an automatic quench :mrgreen:
Major DiM

Postby natty dread on Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:34 am

First of all, this thread belongs to map ideas, it's not a proper draft.

Second of all... no. What you have here is an island shaped like a pig. You can be "creative" and add all sorts of stuff about "economic metaphors" and such, but anyone with a brain can see it's just plastered on and this whole thing is just a parody of the cow map.

Postby thenobodies80 on Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:47 am

Ah ah ah...DiM you're an idiot! lol
And I like pigs more than cows...I love pigs!

Where is the draft stamp?

Obviously I'm joking. But really you're crazy mate! :lol:

Finally, what he said:

natty dread wrote:First of all, this thread belongs to map ideas, it's not a proper draft.

[Moved]

Nobodies
Sergeant 1st Class thenobodies80

Postby DiM on Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:13 am

really you're gonna pull that "not a draft" crap?
some maps sit for 2 months in the main foundry without an update and nobody moves them to the recycle bin but now you step right in move this.

well if you really want to dance then let's dance. what do i need? terit names and all the terits?
gimme 10 minutes and then i expect a move back.
Major DiM

Re: Piglandia [16.Feb.12] - V2 - P1&2 - OINK! OINK!

Postby DiM on Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:25 am

here we go:
V2:
*added names
*added borders
*added a minimap
Click image to enlarge.
Last edited by DiM on Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Major DiM

Postby thenobodies80 on Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:31 am

Com'on dim don't play the dick role with me. ;)

You know i don't want to "dance", i've already a hot potato to deal with.....a second is not a good idea at all.

Postby DiM on Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:43 am

it meets all the standards to be in the drafting room. i honestly see no reason why this should not be there.
Major DiM

Postby thenobodies80 on Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:48 am

Oh sure it can stay (and rest) in the drafting room. Moved back.

Postby DiM on Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:50 am

thank-you.

now let's bounce ideas about gameplay. i'm lacking some impasables so i'll work on that. any ideas on placement?
Major DiM

Postby IR1SH ACE on Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:18 am

as a member of the awesome Pig Renters..I love this map and hope you do bring it all the way to beta......Oink, Oink
Major IR1SH ACE

Postby DogAlmighty on Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:39 am

I support this fine map in every way possible. May the eternal light of The Pig guide you in all your porcine map endeavours.
Major DogAlmighty

Postby natty dread on Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:22 am

Oh come on.

Postby JCR on Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:10 am

Its not just a farm animal map, it is an homage to our illustrious clan! Thank You DIM, I didnt know you thought so highly of us! =D> =D>
FYI: we get the situation, but did you really expect us to resist the urge to jump in on this one? :lol: :lol:
Major JCR

Postby eggrollonedolla on Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:25 am

on this date of february 16th, 2012 the pigs have been recongnized!!! =D>

This map has 100% support from the fellow pig brethern.

maybe impassables would be like rib cage or something.
Captain eggrollonedolla

Next

Return to Melting Pot: Map Ideas