Conquer Club

[Medal] Lack Sucks Medal

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Do you support this?

Yes
42%
No
58%

Total votes : 19

Re: Lack Sucks Medal

Postby firsal901 on Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:33 am

I like it

They hate you as much as you hate them
Cook firsal901

Postby greenoaks on Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:52 am

poll added
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby Criticalwinner on Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:11 am

Let Lack code and not be harassed by countless numbers of people.
Sergeant 1st Class Criticalwinner

Postby TheForgivenOne on Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:44 pm

I don't see a point for this, as it will just cause more work for the webmaster, when he is currently in an important process of something.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby chapcrap on Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:31 pm

TheForgivenOne wrote:I don't see a point for this, as it will just cause more work for the webmaster, when he is currently in an important process of something.

Playing 1 or 2 games at a time is not a big deal, especially when they are standard games. He would not even average a turn per day. And each turn would take about 30 seconds. He doesn't have a spare 3 minutes every week? :roll:
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby greenoaks on Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:00 pm

TheForgivenOne wrote:I don't see a point for this, as it will just cause more work for the webmaster, when he is currently in an important process of something.

playing Conquer Club is not a time consuming process. You can take your turn in 5 minutes with your morning cup of coffee or in between classes.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby TheForgivenOne on Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:05 pm

chapcrap wrote:

Playing 1 or 2 games at a time is not a big deal, especially when they are standard games. He would not even average a turn per day. And each turn would take about 30 seconds. He doesn't have a spare 3 minutes every week? :roll:

Do you really think people will want him to stop at 1 or 2 games? I wouldn't see a reason for the medal if he only has such few medals being pushed out for this.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby chapcrap on Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:17 pm

TheForgivenOne wrote:
chapcrap wrote:

Do you really think people will want him to stop at 1 or 2 games? I wouldn't see a reason for the medal if he only has such few medals being pushed out for this.

I'm sure that people might want more, but it's not like he has to do this constantly. It's whenever he feels like playing a game.

And, the point of the medal is the exclusivity of beating lack. Just because it might be a low number given out doesn't mean there shouldn't be a medal. If that's the case, we might has well take away the Conqueror Medal.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby agentcom on Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:48 pm

I can't find lack on the scoreboard, but IIRC he's not rated that highly. Not really sure why a medal should be awarded for this. Now beating a sitting Conqueror ...
Brigadier agentcom

Postby greenoaks on Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:14 am

agentcom wrote:I can't find lack on the scoreboard, but IIRC he's not rated that highly. Not really sure why a medal should be awarded for this. Now beating a sitting Conqueror ...

because he owns this site.

it would be tongue in cheek for him to award us medals for defeating him that say he sucks at CC.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby Artimis on Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:49 pm

We could try another name that would include a broader scope of available targets, it's a bit unfair to make Lack the only source for this medal.

How about:
Volunteer Vanquisher
Administrator Annihilator
Cartographer Crusher
Multihunter's Bane
Chatter Smasher

Obviously there's more than 5 varieties of Mod/Admin here, so maybe we could have a medal for each category of Moderator slain in non-team games?

P.S. I'm surprised by the number of no votes, but that's probably centered around the original idea that only a game with Lack would be eligible for a medal.
==================================================
This post was sponsored by Far-Q Industries.

Far-Q Industries: Telling you where to go since 2008.
Captain Artimis

Postby greenoaks on Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:11 pm

Artimis wrote:We could try another name that would include a broader scope of available targets, it's a bit unfair to make Lack the only source for this medal.

How about:
Volunteer Vanquisher
Administrator Annihilator
Cartographer Crusher
Multihunter's Bane
Chatter Smasher

Obviously there's more than 5 varieties of Mod/Admin here, so maybe we could have a medal for each category of Moderator slain in non-team games?

P.S. I'm surprised by the number of no votes, but that's probably centered around the original idea that only a game with Lack would be eligible for a medal.

i suppose the op could be changed now to bigWham Sucks medal :-$
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby Artimis on Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:16 am

greenoaks wrote:i suppose the op could be changed now to bigWham Sucks medal :-$

Given bigWham's rank and general proficiency in the game, that would actually be a laudable achievement well beyond defeating lackattack. :lol:

And definitely more satisfying! Which would you rather brag about? Beating a Major or beating a Private?

Captain Artimis

Postby JamesKer1 on Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:56 pm

If there was one for just Volunteers in general, I'll have handed out plenty...

How about only Admins? I like the idea of any volunteer/volunteer type, but I don't think it would be especially unique since there are so many of us. And if implemented, we would have to decide who we would like to count- there have been admins who have owned the site for a few weeks, and some for over a year. Would we use just BW, all owners, all admins, current admins and those that become admins from here on, or just lack?
Join CrossMapAHolics!

Stephan Wayne wrote:Every day is Fool's Day on CC.

A new era of monthly challenges has begun...
Private JamesKer1

Postby Artimis on Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:53 am

JamesKer1 wrote:If there was one for just Volunteers in general, I'll have handed out plenty...

How about only Admins? I like the idea of any volunteer/volunteer type, but I don't think it would be especially unique since there are so many of us. And if implemented, we would have to decide who we would like to count- there have been admins who have owned the site for a few weeks, and some for over a year. Would we use just BW, all owners, all admins, current admins and those that become admins from here on, or just lack?

Yeah, lets keep it simple and go with "Admin's Bane" or "Bounty/Head Hunter" -have defeated an Admin in a non-team game.

Captain Artimis

Previous

Return to Suggestions