Conquer Club

[Medal] Suggestion Medal

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

[Medal] Suggestion Medal

Postby grifftron on Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:55 am

Suggestion Medal

Concise description:
Get a medal if your suggestion that YOU suggested in the suggestion forum was implemented into the site we know as CC.

This medal could be just another General Achievement medal or its own medal.

I think it would be nice to look on players walls and see what suggestions they have suggested and were put into the site, congratulate them on a great idea and slap lefty and righty.

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
Medals can drive some people to crazy over the edge kind of things and those type of people who might not normally suggest something knowing they wont get a medal for it might start suggesting brilliant site changing ideas... oh and its always nice for others to have a nice shiny new medal.

-griff
Last edited by grifftron on Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Major grifftron
SoC Training Adviser

Re: Suggestion Medal

Postby Extreme Ways on Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:06 pm

I tihnk you just want a medal for this sugg :mrgreen:

But why a medal? It's a sugg that takes 3/4 years to implent, but medals aren't everything...
TOFU, ex-REP, ex-VDLL, ex-KoRT.
General Extreme Ways

Postby grifftron on Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:14 pm

Extreme Ways wrote:I tihnk you just want a medal for this sugg :mrgreen:

But why a medal? It's a sugg that takes 3/4 years to implent, but medals aren't everything...

Never even thought of that one! haha... no I was a little disappointed when my last suggestion with "avatar" pictures on wall posts was implemented yet my name was not mentioned at all that I had suggested it... I worked hard digging in to that suggestion at the time making sure that I had the right facts on the lag it might cost and other things that I had to jump across to different sites and email people to figure out when asked, then when implemented not even a mention... hope it doesn't happen to others, but a medal would be a good start for all who have worked hard to get suggestions put into the site.

-griff
Major grifftron
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Nola_Lifer on Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:25 pm

grifftron wrote:
Extreme Ways wrote:I tihnk you just want a medal for this sugg :mrgreen:

Never even thought of that one! haha... no I was a little disappointed when my last suggestion with "avatar" pictures on wall posts was implemented yet my name was not mentioned at all that I had suggested it... I worked hard digging in to that suggestion at the time making sure that I had the right facts on the lag it might cost and other things that I had to jump across to different sites and email people to figure out when asked, then when implemented not even a mention... hope it doesn't happen to others, but a medal would be a good start for all who have worked hard to get suggestions put into the site.

-griff

You make suggestion for the benefit of the website, not to wallow in your own glory.
Major Nola_Lifer

Postby grifftron on Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:27 pm

:lol:

edit: sorry that was funny Nola... and you are correct...

But after seriously thinking of it... awarding something for someone that has helped out the site known as CC even if it is just with a small digi medal will make those (maybe not all) have the will and strength to continue with more suggestions to make this site better...therefore...
Major grifftron
SoC Training Adviser

Postby jgordon1111 on Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:16 pm

Gonna say yes to this one,More recogniton for the benefit of CC should get you a medal, Dang near everything else will get you a medal, Why shouldnt a medal be given for an implemented suggestion
Private jgordon1111

Postby L M S on Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:24 pm

I'm all for this as I was the one who suggested separating the 'Suggs from the Bugs' (as it used to be called) creating out of one forum, two. I believe it were a positive change. ...and medals are pretty
:D

viewtopic.php?f=470&t=88051
ā€œOne of God's own prototypes.....never even considered for mass production.
Too weird to live, and too rare to die.ā€
Sergeant 1st Class L M S
SoC Training Adviser

Postby grifftron on Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:30 am

jgordon1111 wrote:Gonna say yes to this one,More recogniton for the benefit of CC should get you a medal, Dang near everything else will get you a medal, Why shouldnt a medal be given for an implemented suggestion

What? gordon agreeing with something I posted? Is this a joke? If not pass this suggestion already.
Major grifftron
SoC Training Adviser

Postby jgordon1111 on Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:23 am

LOL Griff, I never said I disagreed with your Idea's. Just you seem brash on occassion. But this is a Idea that I think has the merit to go forward. ;)
Private jgordon1111

Postby trinicardinal on Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:50 am

I support this suggestion as well
10:16:35 ā€¹Ace Rimmerā€ŗ haven't looked at work in ages
10:42:43 ā€¹Sackett58ā€ŗ fine, I'll take my panties elsewhere
Captain trinicardinal

Postby IcePack on Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:03 pm

I support this suggestion if this suggester doesn't get the suggested medal :p

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby grifftron on Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:56 am

IcePack wrote:I support this suggestion if this suggester doesn't get the suggested medal :p

LOL! I wouldn't care about getting a medal for this suggestion but I WOULD like one for my other one! :lol:

although I wouldn't mind if given one for this one if passed ;)
Major grifftron
SoC Training Adviser

Postby shanksdigs on Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:40 am

I support this if any suggestion I have ever made qualifies me. BTW, wouldn't this just be the general contribution medal?
Lieutenant shanksdigs

Location: Premiums, please do not join my games if you cannot play fast/RT.

Postby greenoaks on Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:02 am

shanksdigs wrote:I support this if any suggestion I have ever made qualifies me. BTW, wouldn't this just be the general contribution medal?

no, this would be its own medal.

all medals given out are different if they have their own forum such as maps and tournaments.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby grifftron on Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:54 am

greenoaks wrote:
shanksdigs wrote:I support this if any suggestion I have ever made qualifies me. BTW, wouldn't this just be the general contribution medal?

no, this would be its own medal.

all medals given out are different if they have their own forum such as maps and tournaments.

Yeah, I think that would be best, although if thought best I would be OK with it just being a GC medal :)
Major grifftron
SoC Training Adviser

Postby agentcom on Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:01 pm

I support either GC or separate medal
Colonel agentcom

Postby agentcom on Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:08 pm

I'm not sure whether you should limit it to just the original poster though. I haven't followed suggestions, but there HAVE to be times when the original suggester isn't the driving force behind the eventual approval. The mods of a given suggestion thread should be able to hand out medals to people who actively contribute to the implementation.

I realize that this might cause complaints of arbitrariness, but CC gives out medals for spotting the differences between pictures and other such "official event" nonsense. I don't care and I find those events fun. But I don't think we should be too worried about "devaluing" the GC medal
Colonel agentcom

Postby grifftron on Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:55 pm

In the case above then both players would probably be awarded the medal if 1 suggested it, then died off for a while and someone else came in to finish it off and get it implemented.. only sounds fair :)
Major grifftron
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Pedronicus on Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:38 pm

can we have an shit map suggestion medal?

anyone who asks for a hasbro world risk map or lord of the rings map get's a stamped on turd on a ribbon medal
Highest position 7th. Highest points 3311 All of my graffiti can be found here
Major Pedronicus

Postby Qwert on Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:41 pm

well i think that any sugestion who are submited,give you imediatly sugestion medal,because who can waith 3-5 years for idea to be implemented, maybe we will not be alive to see these medal. Beter to get when we still alive,right.
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby jgordon1111 on Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:12 pm

Qwert is right and give him a medal for suggesting you get one now instead of some undetermined time down the road
Private jgordon1111

Postby grifftron on Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:04 am

Pedronicus wrote:can we have an shit map suggestion medal?

anyone who asks for a hasbro world risk map or lord of the rings map get's a stamped on turd on a ribbon medal

Great idea, but will need its own thread

qwert wrote:well i think that any sugestion who are submited,give you imediatly sugestion medal,because who can waith 3-5 years for idea to be implemented, maybe we will not be alive to see these medal. Beter to get when we still alive,right.

I only understood 3 words in the above post but I don't think I agree...

If a suggestion is top notch and is passed by the mods, then lack would see it in the approved suggestions thread and pass them through.. so this suggestion is only for those whos suggestions are implemented will get medals.
Major grifftron
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Qwert on Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:03 pm

grifftron wrote:
Pedronicus wrote:can we have an shit map suggestion medal?

Great idea, but will need its own thread

qwert wrote:well i think that any sugestion who are submited,give you imediatly sugestion medal,because who can waith 3-5 years for idea to be implemented, maybe we will not be alive to see these medal. Beter to get when we still alive,right.

I only understood 3 words in the above post but I don't think I agree...

If a suggestion is top notch and is passed by the mods, then lack would see it in the approved suggestions thread and pass them through.. so this suggestion is only for those whos suggestions are implemented will get medals.

Do you realised that you need to waith 5 years for sugestion to be implemented? Do you have some informacion that yours sugestion will be implemented fast??
If some sugestion are not going to be implemented,then i dont see purpose of Submited forum.
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby grifftron on Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:04 pm

5 years? Comon qwert

My last suggestion was implemented in a year or so... if a suggestion is boarderline maybe 2 years max.. but 5 years? That is a little over the top my friend.
Major grifftron
SoC Training Adviser

Postby greenoaks on Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:01 am

5 years is far too long. i'll implement it immediately. here is your medal

Sergeant greenoaks

Next

Return to Suggestions