Conquer Club

CC Dispatch [Issue 65 17-02-12] Great Balls of Stalin!

All issues of the newsletter.

Moderator: Community Team

CC Dispatch [Issue 65 17-02-12] Great Balls of Stalin!

Postby Dukasaur on Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:43 pm

Welcome to the 65th edition of the Dispatch :)

Victor Sullivan has apparantly been busy selling his best friend into slavery. Er, I meant to say, standing beside his buddy while he sells himself into slavery. Oh screw it! I mean he's Best Man at his buddy's funeral AARGH! goddamn autocomplete! (Yeah, blame it on the autocomplete. That always works!) His buddy's wedding!

So, while Victor is becoming inebriated, I get the joy of staying here and publishing the newsletter! And what a sublime joy it has been!

CC's resident Austrian School Economist, BigBallinStalin, faces your most erudite and incisive questions in the Interrogation Room. (No, I'm happy to say we did not have to use the toe clamps. Just a harmless bit of waterboarding! That was a blast!)

In the Mess Hall, DoomYoshi's brings us a (historically genuine) letter from the American Civil War, which gives plenty of food for thought about some of the moral implications of war.

The Office of Strategic Services is is now onto its second issue. The SoC's Official Ambassador, Viceroy63, has his second article in that section, while CJ Lues and WorldCup4James each have their first. A special thank-you to the hippo for editing that section this time around.

I won't say much about War Games, since I've already had my chance to speak in there. Just read it, will ya?

Cartographic Surveillance, as usual, accounts for more than 60% of the total volume of the newsletter (and according to some experts, possibly 33% of the total volume of Cyberspace -- believe it, or not!) Sometimes I wonder if koontz1973 is human or cyborg. Can any human consistently produce so much quality work?

Last but not least, another exciting Platoon Report, including a very special Valentines' Day edition of Hardballs. Fenrir's Hardballs has always been one of the most popular regular features in the newsletter, but I think this one will be even more so than usual.

Speaking of Master Fenrir, he is the Interrogation target for the next issue. You have a little time to put in your questions to him, so don't delay!

Dukasaur
Tournament Executive
(acting for Victor Sullivan)Chief Executive

If you would like to apply to join the news team, please visit the thread below for more details! :)

Click here for Recruitment Details...

Hello Freestylers. After a short hiatus, The Scum Insider is back with your mafia strategies, DoomYoshi brings us another Historical Perspective, and BBS is interviewed.

safariguy5
Freestyle Executive

The Scum Insider by safariguy5
show

Historical Perspectives by DoomYoshi
show

show: Interrogation of BigBallinStalin

Well, great minds have great things to add. The first instalment of the Strategy Section was a humdinger, I'm sure you'll agree! Sully is having a day off, so it's your's truly stepping in. In this installment, Viceroy63 weighs in with that perennial question after the game begins: " ... egads! What now? " And it's an even bigger question when you have teammates! So CJ Lues takes us for a spin in the quad dance! Finally, WorldCup4James sees red and wonders whether that's an advantage in its own right!! But whether you follow these words of wisdom or not, remember the words of Napoleon Bonaparte when he said:
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.

thehippo8 -- Foundry Executive

Not attacking on the first move; A point in particular. by Viceroy63
show

Team Strategy and Teamwork By CJ Lues
show

Red: An Inherent Advantage? Part 1 by WorldCup4James
show

Hello again my friends, and welcome to your favorite part of the Newsletter, "War Games", where you can find information about CC Tournaments!

After the mammoth War Games section that we produced for Issues 63 and 64, it is almost refreshing to have somewhat less material this time around...:)

Our most consistent and hard-working writer, DaveH, is back with another installment of his "Tournament Tips." This time, he tackles the issue of structuring your brackets for Double, Triple, and Quadruple Elimination tournaments. Sensfan gives us a roundup of this week's TPA news, and I finally get to unveil my interview with Swifte!

Dukasaur
Tournament Executive

TPA Wrap [#65] by Sensfan
show

Tournament Tips by DaveH
show: Double, Triple and Quad Elimination Game Design

Meet the Tournament Winners: Swifte by Dukasaur
show: interview with swifte

Well hello again to all of you. I've been away so long I feel rusty all over! And bang, waddayaknow but it's *tweet tweet* Valentines. So I kick off this issue with a run through of where that idea came from and where it might lead some bright spark mapmaker! The ever-reliable koontz1973 gives us our dose of Foundry News and What's Where in the Foundry. And with his own maps making great progress through the foundry he is starting a multi-part article Diary of a Map: Rorke's Drift. It's a fascinating insight for those who haven't the experience he has (and a great read for those who have)! I finish off this issue with my experiences playing super-speedy games and crystal ball-gaze what maps working their way through the foundry may prove to be popular in that forum. So lots here to entertain and inform you, enjoy and keep up the good work! Thanks and regards and in the immortal words of Jon Bon Jovi:
Map out your future - but do it in pencil. The road ahead is as long as you make it. Make it worth the trip.

thehippo8 -- Foundry Executive

Development of an idea – February 14 by thehippo8
show

Foundry News koontz1973
show

What's where in the foundry koontz1973
show

Diary of a map. Rorke's Drift - Part one. koontz1973
show

Hang on a minute! by thehippo8
show

For Valentine's, we're proud to welcome back a testosterone filled edition of Hardballs, as Master Fenrir returns with interviews of the CC celebrity femme fatales.
Bruceswar fills us in on his personal piece to celebrate the noteworthy events in Clans for the year 2011, and Skill has another update events on the exciting Newcomers Cup

Elsewhere we congratulate Foed as the winners of the inaugural Random League =D> , and eagerly watch the outcomes of the CC2 and ACC Championship Finals as both matches stay tied at 12-12 and 3-3 respectively.
The 39 member strong Clan League Season 4 gradually starts to gather steam in Phase 1 as more and more results start to trickle in with top contenders of the likes of Kort, Tofu and Empire again looking at impressive scores in their battles. Perhaps the biggest surprise package however, is VDLL's 10+ triumph over DB in a mid-table clash in Division B.

We're also glad to welcome AoC co-leader Nicky15 to the Clan Directors team as she commences her duties this week =D> , and remember that our Exclusive Fantasy League is still running, so submit your entry now to have a stab at the myriad of prizes available!

Leehar
Clan Executive

NC2 Quarterfinals Update By Skillfusniper33 (IF)
show

Clan awards by Bruceswar (Kort)
show

HARDBALLS by Master Fenrir (IA)
show

CL4 Overview by DJ Teflon
show

Stay Tuned for the next issue of the ConquerClub Dispatch for an interrogation of Master Fenrir. http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=429&t=164356

Submitting Your Own Articles

If you have a story you think the ConquerClub Community would find interesting, you can submit your articles to Victor Sullivan and you may just see your article published in the Newsletter!

Subscription

Did you enjoy this Issue? Have you subscribed to the Newsletter yet?

If you want each and every issue of the ConquerClub Dispatch delivered right into your Inbox, then Subscribe Here!

ConquerClub Dispatch Team

Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Re: CC Dispatch [Issue 65 15-02-12] Great Balls of Stalin!

Postby grifftron on Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:18 am

No lucky member for this issue?
Major grifftron
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:07 pm

grifftron wrote:No lucky member for this issue?

So many great articles you could comment on, but your primary concern is that you didn't get a cheesy prize.

Some days I wonder why we bother.

:(
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby smegal69 on Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:31 am

Dukasaur wrote:

So many great articles you could comment on, but your primary concern is that you didn't get a cheesy prize.

god just give him a medal to shut him up....... i enjoyed the read :shock:
but in the next one can you have less words and more picture's like the playboy mags i read :twisted:
Lieutenant smegal69

Location: Doing Hard Time on "The ROCK", in the southern ocean

Postby saxitoxin on Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:35 pm

BBS copped out of my Sweden/Somalia riddle. Would like to get the next issue of newsletter free as a make-good. I didn't receive pleasure. Thanks.
ImageImage
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby Victor Sullivan on Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:39 pm

Well done, everyone. Special thanks to Dukasaur and thehippo8 for covering for me :)

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:37 am

Great article hippo!
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby jimfinn on Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:24 pm

I can show anyone interested a couple of options for quad-elim brackets, depending on your preferences. I've done them for up to 32 players for various RL events
Jimfinn is looking for regular doubles/triples/quads partners. Please contact him if you are interested!
Corporal 1st Class jimfinn

Postby thehippo8 on Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:11 am

DoomYoshi wrote:Great article hippo!

Awww shucks, thanks!!

Err ... which one?
Corporal 1st Class thehippo8

Postby grifftron on Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:16 am

Dukasaur wrote:

You calling Victor cheesy? :lol:
Major grifftron
SoC Training Adviser

Return to Newsletter Issues