Conquer Club

Intra-clan "taxes" -tell me about it. . .

Abandoned challenges and other old information.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Intra-clan "taxes" -tell me about it. . .

Postby anonymus on Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:42 pm

L M S wrote:
malevolous wrote:
Gen.LeeGettinhed wrote:I'm new to the clan world. I just joined KoRT and I don't think they have this (haven't told me about it), but I understand some Clans have intra-clan games. My point is it'd seem like it could be set up as a "intra-clan tax, paying tribute" to the stronger players -- if not handled fairly.

Please give your clan(s) and their policy on inta-clan games: forced, balance, etc.

Just fishing. . .looking for info, not flaming/baiting/trolling.

GLG

I'd be very surprised if KoRT has no intra-clan games; its one of the best ways to learn a map. Ask them.

lol at this. alot.
have you ever played against a KoRT team? Holy hell, if they played against one another the game would never end...I'm positive if they could make it a 7 day timer instead of 24 hr. they would.

and poor josko would short-circuit playing all 8 players.. :mrgreen:

/ :?:
Click image to enlarge.

show: BoganGod speaks the truth
Major anonymus

Postby chapcrap on Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:59 pm

Bones2484 wrote:All I'm trying to get from Bruce is his stance on what should or shouldn't be happening for intra-clan games since he is the Clan Director. I'd rather not try to infer what he (and other KORT members) is saying and get a straight answer from him before responding. No harm in that.

Fair enough.

I don't see how he can have a problem with it. It's not against any type of rule at all.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby jj3044 on Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:10 pm

BGtheBrain wrote:My clan (The New Crusade) has a few intra clan games.

1) King of the Crusaders Tourny: Held quarterly. Winner is the "king" - King doesnt get anything special, just bragging rights and to make outrageous demands that normally are ignored.
2) Mini-Clan War: This is my favorite. We take our current lowest x players. Then we have a draft. Then we have a war.
3) Jousting tourny - Sort of like the King tourny, only excludes the king
4) Rebellion tourny - Normally when we get a new king, we have a rebellion. The rebels play the king (and sometimes past kings) in a best of series.

If you are worried about "paying tribute" you may be in the wrong clan. If the higher ups in my clan told me I had to play anyone as a tribute, I'd tell em to suck my dice.

Brain, pretty cool ideas for intra clan tournies, might have to poach some of these. ;)

EMPIRE plays an intra clan dubs tourney occasionally (I think we have done it twice), regularly play each other in dubs/trips/quads on new maps or maps where we are deficient in order to improve strategy, occasionally meet in tournies where we have multiple teams entered, and play tryout games with potential new members with several Empire members on each team with the recruits.
Colonel jj3044

Postby betiko on Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:37 pm

BGtheBrain wrote:My clan (The New Crusade) has a few intra clan games.

1) King of the Crusaders Tourny: Held quarterly. Winner is the "king" - King doesnt get anything special, just bragging rights and to make outrageous demands that normally are ignored.
2) Mini-Clan War: This is my favorite. We take our current lowest x players. Then we have a draft. Then we have a war.
3) Jousting tourny - Sort of like the King tourny, only excludes the king
4) Rebellion tourny - Normally when we get a new king, we have a rebellion. The rebels play the king (and sometimes past kings) in a best of series.

If you are worried about "paying tribute" you may be in the wrong clan. If the higher ups in my clan told me I had to play anyone as a tribute, I'd tell em to suck my dice.

who's your king now bg? ;-)
Major betiko

Postby BGtheBrain on Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:45 pm

Captain BGtheBrain

Previous

Return to Clan Archives