Conquer Club

Mobil Phone Gaming

Archival storage to keep things organized and uncluttered. Can't find what you need? Search for old topics here.

Moderator: Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Mobil Phone Gaming

Postby theguard on Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:19 pm

Any updates on an conquer club app for Android/iPhone?
Sergeant 1st Class theguard

Postby ScavengerType on Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:29 pm

just found out that you can develop free apps for free for Iphone using the next older version of Xcode (the ios/osx objective c programming platform). The problem is that the program is only OSX compatible, which necessitates buying an expensive mac or a hackintosh. I've done some early qbasic and some visual basic as well as some other script/net related languages and might give ObjC a shot, but it will take me time and I'll have to buy a dual boot hackintosh (low on cash now) when I go to upgrade my computer in a short while and obviously being a C noob I'll take extra time, but at least I know a bit about programming in an object oriented format. I'm also thinking of waiting until OSX lion is finalized so that I can get a good system for it, since I'm afraid of getting a system that won't be compatible with the future versions of OSX.

Gotta say looking at the programming options for other mobiles, I'm never buying an apple product again... ever!
Sergeant ScavengerType

Postby ScavengerType on Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:04 pm

so, I looked into some more windows friendly methods of programming for Ios and I'm finding some interesting leads here. Firstly there's an SDK called dragonfire which apparently supports development for iOS on a windows PC. I just downloaded it off a torrent site and haven't looked at it yet though.

The other interesting opportunity was something called flash pro cs 5.5 (also available in torrent) which is as far as I can see portable from it's format not only to IOS but to multiple other platforms. Now shit son, this seems like my first lead I'm headin toward. I've scripted in a few different scripting languages and I've heard talk that it uses an easy scripting language. I'm anticipating the indexing of the maps in order to make a clickable function to be a hard function to learn to implement. So I think I'll try to create an preliminary interface that avoids that and work it in afterward.

I don't suppose anyone here is a CS5.5 guru?
Sergeant ScavengerType

Postby ScavengerType on Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:29 pm

just an update, I installed flash pro cs5.5 and looked at it, I still need to learn how to program this app in it. Though if I can get it to work it looks like the app would cover iOS and android. However I'm not sure how to test it on android or what I will have to do related to screen-size. I should probibly at least make a version that is iphone3 compatible for screen size, but I don't know anything about android models.
Sergeant ScavengerType

Postby ScavengerType on Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:11 pm

Just thought that I'd add that looking at CS5.5 I think it is the worst program to use for it's capabilities. I was unable to find any information on programing it to interface with on-line resources (though it must be possible anyway). However what really poisoned the deal is when I realize that every single map would have to be programmed and mapped into the app individually. There i no opportunity of a workaround from what I could find that would integrate the existing web interface.

also the dragonfire program that I downloaded was a fake. The real program cost about $50 a year to use (a price you would think should be a 1 time charge).

I'll have to wait to assemble my tri-boot (Ubuntu/win7/hacintosh lion) system to even look at programming it.

Edit: quite frankly I can't see why CC hasn't put software forward themselves already through private developers. At $25 a membership they should have quite more than enough.
Sergeant ScavengerType

Postby brobzilla on Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:57 am

I'm an android dev who would be able to put some time into an opensource project. Has anyone started anything that I could lend a hand to?
Private 1st Class brobzilla

Postby Ballslap on Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:47 pm

Hey guys, I have started building a CC iPhone app. Check out viewtopic.php?f=526&t=164903 . I have plans to move it to android once I have finished the iOS app. I'm going to get started on enhancing the gameplay in the next version. If you have any idea/feedback which can help with future versions that would be great. Cheers.
Captain Ballslap

Postby macbone on Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:01 pm

Awesome, ballslap! Unfortunately, I still have an iPod touch 2nd generation, so it looks like I can't use it. Still, thanks for putting this together!
Colonel macbone

Postby Ballslap on Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:41 am

macbone wrote:Awesome, ballslap! Unfortunately, I still have an iPod touch 2nd generation, so it looks like I can't use it. Still, thanks for putting this together!

As long as your iOS version is above 4.0 the app should install properly. Have you tried installing the app? If so what kind of problems are you running into?
Captain Ballslap

Postby Barney Rubble on Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:50 am

Hey guys I did install the app on my Ipad When you open up the page login with your CC name and password ...Boom shuts down and goes back to my home screen thats It
Corporal 1st Class Barney Rubble

Postby Ballslap on Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:12 pm

Barney Rubble wrote:Hey guys I did install the app on my Ipad When you open up the page login with your CC name and password ...Boom shuts down and goes back to my home screen thats It

Thanks for letting me know Barney. What version of iOS are you running on your iPad? It's strange, I tested it on a few and had no problems.
Captain Ballslap

Postby Ballslap on Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:16 pm

Ah! I found the problem. I am using a feature that is only available to iOS 5. I'll change it and submit an update to the app store.
Captain Ballslap

Postby MrBenn on Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:35 pm

AndyDufresne (on Jun 29, 2011) wrote:An Iphone App will probably be the first dip into Mobil Phone Gaming. We'll see how the process and development of that goes over the next few months, and move from there.

--Andy

No surprise that 8 months later there's nothing to show off. How long must everything take?
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn

Previous

Return to Tool Archives