Conquer Club

Clan war games clarification

Abandoned challenges and other old information.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Clan war games clarification

Postby DiM on Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:07 am

i'm new to the competitive clan scene and never participated in a clan war. so being a curious person i started reading here to try and learn about clan wars and i found this rule:
The game composition must comprise of at least 80% Team Games.

and i'm baffled. why does this rule exist?

why can't a clan war have just 1v1 games?

what could possibly be better than a war where the best X players from one clan face the best X players of the other clan in a lot of 1v1 games where each player faces all the other players from the other clan.
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Re: Clan war games clarification

Postby Leehar on Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:25 am

There has been a 1v1 Clan tournament organized for clans which was quite entertaining, so the rule may not still completely apply
But I think when the rule was instituted, jpc did give some explanations for it, and the basics was that a clan by it's definition and how it's differentiated from usergroups, is that it's for cooperative gameplay, and team games encompasses that ideology the most on CC
You'll notice 1v1 isn't excluded, which was already a vigorous debate in itself
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby chemefreak on Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:31 am

Clans are all about teams. We allowed the 1v1 clan challenge because it was a fun idea and it qualified under the clan tournament rules. Can you imagine a clan war with 41 singles games...getting a medal? Admin would shit itself!
:twisted: ChemE :twisted:
братья в рукоятках
I ♥ ++The Legion++
Lieutenant chemefreak

Postby Bones2484 on Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:02 am

chemefreak wrote:Can you imagine a clan war with 41 singles games...getting a medal? Admin would shit itself!

Care to explain why "admin would shit itself"? I've never understood this fear and have always been in favor of allowing 1v1 (granted in a best of 3/5/7 series instead of just 41 games).

Judging by recent clan wars that I've seen only 1 or 2 people are directing entire clan's games anyways. What harm would allowing 1v1 be?
Major Bones2484

Postby MudPuppy on Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:14 am

chemefreak wrote:Clans are all about teams We allowed the 1v1 clan challenge because it was a fun idea and it qualified under the clan tournament rules. Can you imagine a clan war with 41 singles games...getting a medal? Admin would shit itself!

CC clans are about groups of players who come together as a team to play games competitively against other teams of CC users with each team hoping to represent their clan well.

These games can include many different formats and settings: 1v1 is just as valid a setting as dubs, trips, or quads. I never understood the arguments that 1v1 games weren't valid because they don't involve communication with teammates or even the argument that more luck is involved. Even if the last argument were true, which I'd debate, why would Admin "shit itself" and go out of their way to prevent a clan from playing a 41 game all-1v1 clan war??? That view is akin to saying that the Davis Cup should exclude singles tennis games because competitions are played between teams and that there is no place for 1v1 in team competition.... The argument doesn't stand up in the tennis world and it shouldn't stand up in the CC world.

Who does it hurt if a 41-game all-1v1 clan war is the preference of the two clans involved??? Which clan is being hurt by it? How is the rest of the clan community hurt by it? It makes very little sense. The only people hurt by such limiting rules are the folks who desire to play under those settings but are prevented from doing so by those who feel it is inappropriate. I have no problem with those who feel that way... as long as they don't impose their will on me and others in the clan community who are big fans of 1v1.
Last edited by MudPuppy on Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Colonel MudPuppy

Postby DiM on Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:42 pm

i don't know what the 41 game is all about. maybe that's a minimum of games for a war to deserve medals?

anyway in my opinion the easiest way for a clan war to have 1v1 is if all players in that clan fight all the other players in the other clan. (or at least a significant number of players on each side)
so let's say 20 people will face 20 other people. that's 400 games.
and if 1v1 is considered to have too much luck involved then do best of 3/5/7. and bam, you have 1200/2000/2800 games.
i'd say any clan war that finishes after 2800 games deserves a truckload of medals ;)
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby happy2seeyou on Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:38 pm

DiM wrote:i don't know what the 41 game is all about. maybe that's a minimum of games for a war to deserve medals?

anyway in my opinion the easiest way for a clan war to have 1v1 is if all players in that clan fight all the other players in the other clan. (or at least a significant number of players on each side)
so let's say 20 people will face 20 other people. that's 400 games.
and if 1v1 is considered to have too much luck involved then do best of 3/5/7. and bam, you have 1200/2000/2800 games.
i'd say any clan war that finishes after 2800 games deserves a truckload of medals ;)

=D>
Captain happy2seeyou

Postby Qwert on Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:45 pm

actualy 1vs 1 clan war,are not prohibited, except you will not get medal, so if clans dont care abouth medals,then they can play,not 41,they can play 50-60-70- and much more 1vs1 games in war chalenge.
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby AgentSmith88 on Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:47 pm

There is nothing preventing clans from having said wars. I believe the rule applies to getting medals for it and perhaps getting privs as well. There is no way admin can stop 2 clans from deciding to have an all 1v1 war though. It probably won't count for things like the F400 either, but imo who gives a shit about rankings or medals? We're all here to have fun so if you want to duke it out with another clan for 1v1 bragging rights I say go for it.
king sam wrote:quit facebook stalking me... and Im a sailor all I do is drunk, cuss and make illegitimate kids when Im away from CC

dont sig that
Captain AgentSmith88

Postby niMic on Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:52 pm

At that point the clan aspect isn't really there, though. There might be clans out there that are mainly focused on 1v1 strategy, for all I know, but that isn't what the vast majority of the CC clan community is about. You might say it's arbitrary, but that's just the way it is.
Highest score: 3747
Highest rank: 17
General niMic

Postby jj3044 on Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:09 pm

[quote="Bones2484"]

Judging by recent clan wars that I've seen only 1 or 2 people are directing entire clan's games anyways. What harm would allowing 1v1 be?[quote]

I honestly think that is the exception to the rule. Who has the time?
Colonel jj3044

Postby TheMissionary on Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:21 pm

What I don't understand is how directors can say that a war isn't qualified for medals if both clans agree on the settings. I always thought the whole point of wars was to put one team's best, against the other team's best. Even if the settings/maps are unorthodox.

Instead there is a 'majority' rule. Whatever the majority decides on, is what everyone gets. The lack of diversity makes for the competitive standpoint to be more one-sided. It helps to benefit the majority, while others are left grasping for more.
Lieutenant TheMissionary

Postby Leehar on Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:48 am

If there's nothing else needing to be stickied, this does:
viewtopic.php?f=438&t=162104#p3543649
chemefreak wrote:All-

Here is the way we have done it recently. We let the clans negotiate their terms. Once they request privs, if there is anything weird like an odd setting (beta maps CHANGE during gameplay sometimes!) or otherwise we pm the requesters and see if that is really what they intended. If it is and we feel that it was an equitable negotiation (e.g. an agreement between a new clan vs an old clan to play all freestyle, etc.) we will grant privs (which, unless otherwise noted means medals for the winners). If not, we will pm the clans and let them know that we will give them privs but that their challenge will not be eligible for medals. If they still want to go, then fine with us. If not, they usually negotiate a compromise 'cause medals are cool.

The bottom line is that this is not done in a vacuum. We CDs carefully look at every war and talk to all the requesting parties. I'm not sure where this question by Pedro is coming from because I have never seen him request privs, nor have we ever denied privs or medals to TOFU for map or settings choices.

Thanks.
---
AGAIN...there is not a rejected one on record that I can think of. Negotiate your wars. Request privs. If your clan is willing to lose the war based on a beta map change...on a manual placement where the other clan goes first in a majority of games...nuclear games where the other clan gets all the cards on your Poland placement...fine. But we reserve the right to give you an opportunity to rethink that...and the right to protect a clan from themselves by not allowing privs or medals.

As in the legal world, can we wait until there is a rejection to appeal before we complain? Help me out here people!

Some insightful comments there
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby DiM on Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:24 am

so basically as long as the 2 clans agree on the terms anything map/setting is ok.
great.
that means that a proper 1v1 war is doable and it can even get you medals in the right conditions. great.
Major DiM

Return to Clan Archives