Conquer Club

[Medal] COMEBACK Medal

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

[Medal] COMEBACK Medal

Postby grifftron on Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:26 am

Comeback medal

Concise description:
Be awarded medals for coming back from behind (troop wise) and winning the game.

Specifics/Details:
Awarded to members that defeated X unique opponents by winning games after having 20 less troops then then leading opponent in a game. Bronze=20, Silver=100, Gold=400.

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
I feel this medal will encourage players to never give up and suicide all their territories into 1's after feeling the game is over. I myself have come from behind tons of times and those are always my favorite games to play. Never give up! Never surrender!

-griff
Last edited by grifftron on Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
Major grifftron
SoC Training Adviser

Re: COMEBACK medal

Postby Sniper08 on Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:32 am

sry mate but this medal idea wont work with maps like city mogul.
Colonel Sniper08
SoC Training Adviser

Postby grifftron on Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:47 am

Sniper08 wrote:sry mate but this medal idea wont work with maps like city mogul.

Yeah I do realize this would be very hard to obtain on many so called "farming" maps, but good thing we have 100+ maps that this would work on... all you need to achieve this medal is not give up and hope your opponent has a couple rounds of dice fail... I think in standard 8 player games this would be a lot easier to achieve then on 1 on 1 games of course...

-griff
Major grifftron
SoC Training Adviser

Postby lanyards on Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:12 am

grifftron wrote:
Sniper08 wrote:sry mate but this medal idea wont work with maps like city mogul.

Yeah I do realize this would be very hard to obtain on many so called "farming" maps, but good thing we have 100+ maps that this would work on... all you need to achieve this medal is not give up and hope your opponent has a couple rounds of dice fail... I think in standard 8 player games this would be a lot easier to achieve then on 1 on 1 games of course...

-griff
He means being under 20 troops on City Mogul happens to the winner at some point just about every game, meaning it's way too easy, not hard.
WANT AN ADVANTAGE WHILE WORKING TOWARDS MEDALS?
https://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=529&t=226714
Major lanyards

Re: COMEBACK Medal

Postby grifftron on Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:15 am

Maybe we could change it to having X amount less troops then opponents after X amount of rounds then coming back to win it then?

We would have to find some way to work around that map so that it would be difficult yet possible on that map as well as others.
Major grifftron
SoC Training Adviser

Postby greenoaks on Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:27 am

grifftron wrote:

-griff

forget the farming aspect. city mogul has 10x the dice of other maps. coming from 20 behind would be like coming from 2 behind on others maps.

not impressive at all.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby grifftron on Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:52 am

Yeah I do now realize the complications of this being so easy to achieve on certain maps, wonder if we could add something to the description that would someone make it hard to get it on those certain kind of maps yet achievable on other maps.
Major grifftron
SoC Training Adviser

Postby greenoaks on Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:40 am

grifftron wrote:Yeah I do now realize the complications of this being so easy to achieve on certain maps, wonder if we could add something to the description that would someone make it hard to get it on those certain kind of maps yet achievable on other maps.

i don't see that happening. after the extensive discussion we had on Manual you can still achieve it playing maps like Lunar War. nothing has changed.

now that someone has pointed out the issue most people will vote against it me thinks.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby Seulessliathan on Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:24 am

Ever played Escalating?
Brigadier Seulessliathan

Postby ljex on Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:07 am

Seulessliathan wrote:Ever played Escalating?

exactly my thought
Major ljex

Postby grifftron on Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:00 am

Yeah i clearly didn't think over some of those things...

but this could easily be switched to be a team game idea where you would come back after being down a player?
Major grifftron
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Criticalwinner on Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:12 pm

It could be switched to a team game medal, but wouldn't that foster teammate killing?
Sergeant 1st Class Criticalwinner

Postby MrBenn on Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:25 pm

It would work if it was something like "comeback from 1 territory" - but even then there are maps where you only start with 1 territory...
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn

Postby agentcom on Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:25 pm

I don't think this is happening. As others have pointed out, I'm not even sure how you would measure this. REJECTED.
Colonel agentcom

Return to Archived Suggestions