Conquer Club

Option to Bookmark Thread when Making a Post

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Option to Bookmark Thread when Making a Post

Postby chapcrap on Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:01 am

Concise description:
  • Have an option to bookmark a thread when making a post.

Specifics/Details:
  • Change the checkbox at the bottom from 'Notify me when a reply is posted' to 'Subscribe to topic'
  • Add the option to 'Bookmark topic'

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • It will allow users to either bookmark or subscribe to topics when initially making a post in the thread. As is now, you can only subscribe when making a post and must be viewing the thread to bookmark it. I do not know about other users, but I use subscriptions and bookmarks for different things. I would really like to be able to simply bookmark a thread when I make a post instead of having to go through extra steps to bookmark it.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Re: Option to Bookmark Thread when Making a Post

Postby greenoaks on Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:39 am

i have the option to Subscribe topic, Bookmark topic and i hadn't yet made a post.

i also use the bookmark feature of firefox. what more do you want?
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby chapcrap on Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:16 pm

greenoaks wrote:i have the option to Subscribe topic, Bookmark topic and i hadn't yet made a post.

i also use the bookmark feature of firefox. what more do you want?

You have the option to bookmark the thread when making a post? I'm typing this post right now and see nothing that will let me bookmark the post.

I know that you can bookmark it when viewing the thread. I'm talking about when making a post.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby greenoaks on Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:08 am

why is bookmarking the thread before you post in it or after you post in it not sufficient?
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby chapcrap on Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:26 am

It's an improvement. There are plenty of things that are sufficient that aren't as good as they could be.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby ljex on Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:21 pm

chapcrap wrote:It's an improvement. There are plenty of things that are sufficient that aren't as good as they could be.

lack uses a 3rd party software for the forums, so if they make it a feature eventually it will come here...
Major ljex

Postby agentcom on Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:34 pm

Looks like this is something that would have to be updated by phpbb who does the forum software. Moving over to REJECTED.
Colonel agentcom

Postby chapcrap on Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:52 pm

I don't see how this wouldn't already be part of phpbb functionality. You can already do this to subscribe to threads. It shouldn't be difficult for bookmarking as well. Are you sure that phpbb is an issue here?
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby agentcom on Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:48 pm

chapcrap wrote:I don't see how this wouldn't already be part of phpbb functionality. You can already do this to subscribe to threads. It shouldn't be difficult for bookmarking as well. Are you sure that phpbb is an issue here?

No I am not. It could be a feature that the site just hasn't turned on, I guess. But there doesn't seem to be anyone but you who is very concerned about this either way.
Colonel agentcom

Postby chapcrap on Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:27 am

agentcom wrote:
chapcrap wrote:I don't see how this wouldn't already be part of phpbb functionality. You can already do this to subscribe to threads. It shouldn't be difficult for bookmarking as well. Are you sure that phpbb is an issue here?

No I am not. It could be a feature that the site just hasn't turned on, I guess. But there doesn't seem to be anyone but you who is very concerned about this either way.

I'm concerned!!
Lieutenant chapcrap

Return to Archived Suggestions