Cheating & Abuse Enforcement

Ask questions, answer questions

Moderators: Global Moderators, Discussions Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Cheating & Abuse Enforcement

Postby cookie0117 on Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:05 pm

Put the key board down, go take a walk and cool down.

Then think about the fact that ratings are just tags you click, they are neither accurate or sometimes even appropiate. If someone clicks secret diplomacy but does not report anything, then its probably not secret diplomacy. Even then its a half assed accusation and that does not prove guilt.

The person received the punishment that everyone else would have received. As you were told if you think punishment is too weak, go to suggestions and sensibly and calmly suggest harsher punishments.

Cry and getting personal with people will lose you friends and is just childish. So take a chill pill and give the mods a break, they work to a set of rules on these cases, and we all know how upset people get when someone breaks the rules!!
Im foeing to get medals, unless your 1 of the 6 people who will remain on my list, message me if you want a game.
User avatar
Major cookie0117
 
Posts: 538
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:54 am
Medals: 58
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (6) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (9)
Tournament Contribution (1)

Re: Cheating & Abuse Enforcement

Postby visgoths on Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:17 pm

I am new to the enforcement process and I didn't realize there were set guidelines. Thanks for the clarification.
Corporal visgoths
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:10 am
Medals: 5
Standard Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: Cheating & Abuse Enforcement

Postby deathcomesrippin on Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:55 pm

visgoths wrote:I was responding to "deathcomerippin" post suggesting I was going out of my way to report violators. I don't know why he is a cheating and abuse moderator if he considers my report "trolling"? How is reporting someone cheating in a game I am playing who has sent me a SD Private message "trolling".

If he can't be bothered to take a clear violation seriously and he is so busy with his day job, why is he a volunteer?


The C&A forum is manned by volunteers and relies upon the community to report issues to us. We are all players as well as volunteers with the exception of King A, who has duties outside of just monitoring the C&A forum. That is our job. What we do not do is spend our whole days just trolling around looking for people who break the rules and punishing them.



My comment was that WE do not go out of our way to find transgressors. In no way did I say you troll, maybe I should have emphasised the "we". If he cheated before, which you clearly believe, then the onus is not on us to attempt to catch past transgressions that go unreported. If you think I, or anyone, is going to pour over each game any one player may have played and look for possible SD in them, just because he did it this time, you are mistaken. If someone else comes forth, then he will be judged according to that case. Calm down, and read things for what they are. You weren't mentioned at all. If I felt you were trolling, I would have posted "visigoths, stop trolling" and been done with it. For the record, this was not my case, KA handled it. I just wanted to set you straight on the fact that this is the way it is done. Either deal with it or don't, but stop reading into things that aren't there.
User avatar
Lieutenant deathcomesrippin
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter
 
Posts: 1272
Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:26 am
Location: Canada
Medals: 53
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (9) General Contribution (6)

Re: Cheating & Abuse Enforcement

Postby visgoths on Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:48 pm

Gosh, Cookie, we all aspire to be the cool headed gamer that you are....you're advice, Yoda-like. Do you have anymore great nuggets of advice? heh heh
Corporal visgoths
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:10 am
Medals: 5
Standard Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: Cheating & Abuse Enforcement

Postby Extreme Ways on Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:52 pm

visgoths wrote:Gosh, Cookie, we all aspire to be the cool headed gamer that you are....you're advice, Yoda-like. Do you have anymore great nuggets of advice? heh heh

Was Yoda right?
Image
Highest Rank: Colonel (2680) - 23-07-12
Major Extreme Ways
 
Posts: 294
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:02 am
Medals: 39
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (2) Training Achievement (1)

Re: Cheating & Abuse Enforcement

Postby visgoths on Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:54 pm

If you think cheating is no biggie - yeah, I guess so...
Corporal visgoths
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:10 am
Medals: 5
Standard Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: Cheating & Abuse Enforcement

Postby Night Strike on Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:56 pm

visgoths wrote:If you think cheating is no biggie - yeah, I guess so...


No one in this thread thinks cheating "is no biggie". That's why warnings and then other punishments are handed out.
Image
User avatar
Lieutenant Night Strike
Tournament Director
Tournament Director
 
Posts: 8622
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:52 pm
Medals: 77
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (10) Tournament Contribution (12) General Contribution (18)

Re: Cheating & Abuse Enforcement

Postby visgoths on Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:05 pm

"chill out", " take a deep breath" - I interpret those comments to reflect a sense that cheating is no big deal. We obviously differ on this translation if you are speaking for everyone except me in this thread. In most games when you are caught cheating you are disqualified so forgive me if my posts reflected my surprise that the offender was left off with just a warning. I understand now that there is a process and warnings are given for first time offenders. The people on the thread who feel differently are welcome to their opinions but shouldn't criticize or tell me to chill. We obviously have a different idea about what rules mean. I think the rules are soft on cheaters.
Corporal visgoths
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:10 am
Medals: 5
Standard Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: Cheating & Abuse Enforcement

Postby BGtheBrain on Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:10 pm

He's telling you to "chill out" because of the way you are acting, not bc cheating is no big deal.
User avatar
Captain BGtheBrain
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter
 
Posts: 2151
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:50 pm
Medals: 96
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (7) General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (43) Tournament Contribution (4)
General Contribution (4)

Re: Cheating & Abuse Enforcement

Postby BGtheBrain on Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:14 pm

Also, I noticed you were given all 1 star ratings from DBo and he says you were clueless.
By your own logic, one would assume that you are clueless, have a bad attitude, have poor gameplay, and your play is unfair.

The guy was warned, if he does it again he is punished further, following the guidelines.
User avatar
Captain BGtheBrain
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter
 
Posts: 2151
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:50 pm
Medals: 96
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (7) General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (43) Tournament Contribution (4)
General Contribution (4)

Re: Cheating & Abuse Enforcement

Postby visgoths on Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:18 pm

I reported a cheater and he was found guilty due to overwhelming evidence to support this claim. The moderators gave him a warning and then proceeded to attack the person who made the claim. I have to say BGtheBrain I am a little disappointed that as a cheating/abuse moderator you are making arguments to support Peruvian Boatman. Also, one flaw with your logic - whether I am clueless is more a matter of subjective opinion than fact. Additionally, the person that posted that I was clueless lost so it made no sense. Peruvian Boatman has been proven to cheat, so claims in his ratings that suggest he was perpetrating secret diplomacy carry greater weight.

how have I acted? I have made a very rationale argument for why I think the current enforcement is weak. I think what is more evident is that the moderators don't like the criticism and other contributors who criticize my reaction to the verdict have a permissive attitude towards cheating. You can characterize me anyway you want but the record stands. Peruvian Boatman cheated.
Corporal visgoths
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:10 am
Medals: 5
Standard Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: Cheating & Abuse Enforcement

Postby BGtheBrain on Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:25 pm

visgoths wrote:I reported a cheater and he was found guilty due to overwhelming evidence to support this claim. The moderators gave him a warning and then proceeded to attack the person who made the claim.

False. Multiple people (Mods and not mods) have explained the process to you. Clarifying a situation is not attacking you.

visgoths wrote:I have to say BGtheBrain I am a little disappointed that as a cheating/abuse moderator you are making arguments to support Peruvian Boatman.

I havent defended him, I am saying you have ZERO evidence he has committed SD more than once.

visgoths wrote:Also, one flaw with your logic - whether I am clueless is more a matter of subjective opinion than fact. Additionally, the person that posted that I was clueless lost so it made no sense.

Thats the whole point..... ratings are subjective opinion. Like when you say, "Look at his ratings, hes a cheater"

visgoths wrote:Peruvian Boatman has been proven to cheat, so claims in his ratings that suggest he was perpetrating secret diplomacy carry greater weight.

So if I get one speeding ticket, I must always speed?

visgoths wrote:how have I acted?

Rude, whiny, I guess the correct word would be "clueless"
User avatar
Captain BGtheBrain
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter
 
Posts: 2151
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:50 pm
Medals: 96
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (7) General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (43) Tournament Contribution (4)
General Contribution (4)

Re: Cheating & Abuse Enforcement

Postby visgoths on Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:58 pm

and your characterizing me as clueless is another one of your clarifications, not attacking, right? Again, as a moderator I would think you would hold yourself to a higher standard and stay to the merits of your argument instead of denigrating a person that reported cheating.

Again, I reported a cheater and as a moderator you are saying I am a whiner and clueless. You sure you're qualified to be a moderator of cheating and abuse forum? The only thing that is certain in this thread is what was proven about Peruvian Boatman; that he cheated.

if you anyone has taken an exception to my criticism of the rules - why don't you ALL chill out.

I never said that Peruvian Boatman ratings proved he was a cheater. My point was that it would be ignorant to think they have no bearing on one's reputation. Considering that he was caught cheating, it is no leap to believe I that he has done this before and therefore the moderators should take a closer look at his ratings. Otherwise, what is the purpose of the ratings - that is what they are there for, no?
Corporal visgoths
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:10 am
Medals: 5
Standard Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: Cheating & Abuse Enforcement

Postby SirSebstar on Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:39 pm

no..
Image
User avatar
Major SirSebstar
 
Posts: 7329
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:51 am
Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011
Medals: 95
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (23) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (9) Training Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (4)
General Contribution (11)

Re: Cheating & Abuse Enforcement

Postby Barney Rubble on Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:53 pm

Maybe just leave then ?? People that try to help you and explain things to you are Jerks ,... etc.. KA is unqualified ,The mods are to soft ,Now BG is picking on you instead of what Banning the Peruvian for life or what ??? .Want CC to mail you a piece of his ass?? Rules are in place they were followed Thats it end of story ....BG is probably closer to the mark with his commenting on whining.
Image
User avatar
Lieutenant Barney Rubble
 
Posts: 241
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:28 pm
Location: Bedrock
Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (1)
Random Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (2)

PreviousNext

Return to Questions & Answers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Login