Conquer Club

H.E. Mafia, Game Over, Town Prevails. [archive plox]

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Hectic Eclectic Mafia (14/17)[N2] No rest for the wicked

Postby everywhere116 on Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:09 pm

strike wolf wrote:
TA1LGUNN3R wrote:
strike wolf wrote:
TA1LGUNN3R wrote:All actions are in, unfortunately I have a late night tonight at work, so actions+scene won't be coming until 1 or 2 a.m. (PST), so most of you will probably be asleep already. But you'll be able to start bright and early tomorrow. :D

Unless you're a night owl like me. ;)

-Tails

What time zone because I might be up late tonight.

PST (Pacific Standard Time).

-Tails

Yeah I'll be asleep. :lol:
I suppose I could get up early tomorrow...
"Disease, suffering, hardship...that is what war is all about."-Captain Kirk, from "A Taste of Armageddon"
Corporal everywhere116

Re: Hectic Eclectic Mafia (14/17)[N2] No rest for the wicked

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:24 am

Captain Flume lie shivering in the bushes, terrified that delusional old Chief White Halfoat would make good on his promise and slit his throat. That crazy bastard was just sick enough to do so. But Flume would survive, though it meant sleeping outside of the base camp. Even though he hadn't spotted Halfoat anywhere in the city since they'd arrived to deal with this new threat, he was sure that Indian would sneak up on him at anytime. On the second night of their deployment, Flume noticed an oddly dressed (armored?) man carrying a wicked blade sneaking around camp. Before he had time to cry out to the others sleeping, this odd anachronism disemboweled Flume.

"At least it wasn't that bastard Halfoat," whispered Flume upon his death.

ghostly447, playing Captain Flume, town watcher, has been cut down.

Day Three is begun! With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch.

-Tails
Sergeant 1st Class TA1LGUNN3R

Re: Hectic Eclectic Mafia (13/17)[D3] Unfulfilled paranoia.

Postby Some7hingCLEVER on Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:18 am

Told u I'd be first!
Cadet Some7hingCLEVER

Postby dazza2008 on Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:21 am

Some7hingCLEVER wrote:Told u I'd be first!

I was gonna post but was waiting for you. What took you so long?
Corporal dazza2008

Postby Some7hingCLEVER on Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:00 am

Lol I was watching criminal minds and by the time I realized I had an email it was 5 in the morning
Cadet Some7hingCLEVER

Postby ghostly447 on Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:53 am

Well it was a good game and kept my interest till the day I died. Go town!
Cadet ghostly447

Postby Some7hingCLEVER on Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:56 am

No mafia kill?
Huh I got roleblocked and couldn't protect anyone so idk how they survived
Maybe there was someone who was bulletproof
Cadet Some7hingCLEVER

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:06 am

Some7hingCLEVER wrote:No mafia kill?

What do you mean there is no mafia kill?
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby strike wolf on Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:16 am

DoomYoshi wrote:

This.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby Some7hingCLEVER on Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:22 am

DoomYoshi wrote:

well there was two kills last night and one kill this night which means mafia didnt kill someone
well that or the third party ..i guess i shouldnt have used the term mafia its odd that a kill was missing is what i was saying
lol good thing ghostlys not here or he would make a HUGE deal out of me using the wrong word

P.S. good game ghostly
shieldgenerator7 wrote: Clever, u so funny. You remind me of me. :lol:

shieldgenerator7 wrote: Does that make you Darth Joker? :lol:
Cadet Some7hingCLEVER

Postby MoB Deadly on Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:49 am

Why would you of gotten roleblocked? We lynched the roleblocker yesterday. And how did you know you were roleblocked?

Can our claimed roleblocker please tell us if he roleblocked clever? (I forget who counterclaimed safari at the moment)
Art by: codierose | High Score: 2550
Corporal 1st Class MoB Deadly

Postby Some7hingCLEVER on Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:00 am

MoB Deadly wrote:

Why would you of gotten roleblocked? We lynched the roleblocker yesterday. And how did you know you were roleblocked?

Can our claimed roleblocker please tell us if he roleblocked clever? (I forget who counterclaimed safari at the moment)

i believe it was soundman who is the roleblocker
Cadet Some7hingCLEVER

Postby everywhere116 on Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:38 am

Clever is actually making sense. With two kills on night one, we can assume that there is a vig or SK (I'm going with vig). Today, we got only one kill, which means one of their targets was protected or their assailant was blocked by soundman or a jailkeeper, and I'm thinking it was the mafia kill that was stopped because no mafia would kill someone as heavily implicated as ghostly was, and a vig especially would.

He still has to tell how, as a doctor, he knows that he was roleblocked.

Honestly I was going to go after ghostly, but now I'm at a loss of what to do. I only have about 20 minutes before I have to leave and that's not nearly enough time to build a case from this huge thread.
"Disease, suffering, hardship...that is what war is all about."-Captain Kirk, from "A Taste of Armageddon"
Corporal everywhere116

Postby MoB Deadly on Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:59 am

Some7hingCLEVER wrote:
MoB Deadly wrote:

i believe it was soundman who is the roleblocker
Art by: codierose | High Score: 2550
Corporal 1st Class MoB Deadly

Postby new guy1 on Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:00 am

Haven't read everything as I'm at school, but I read that our claimed doctor clever was roleblocked. So how did only one faction kill tonight? I believe this further proves ghostly 's point he is fakeclaiming as if he was blocked, then there is no way that the Mafia could be blocked.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby dazza2008 on Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:09 am

new guy1 wrote:Haven't read everything as I'm at school, but I read that our claimed doctor clever was roleblocked. So how did only one faction kill tonight? I believe this further proves ghostly 's point he is fakeclaiming as if he was blocked, then there is no way that the Mafia could be blocked.

Really there could be a few reasons why there was only 1 kill but I agree that Clever is looking scummier by the minute.

We need to hear if sound did block him. I also want to know how he knows he was blocked.
Corporal dazza2008

Postby strike wolf on Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:12 am

everywhere116 wrote:Clever is actually making sense. With two kills on night one, we can assume that there is a vig or SK (I'm going with vig). Today, we got only one kill, which means one of their targets was protected or their assailant was blocked by soundman or a jailkeeper, and I'm thinking it was the mafia kill that was stopped because no mafia would kill someone as heavily implicated as ghostly was, and a vig especially would.

He still has to tell how, as a doctor, he knows that he was roleblocked.

Honestly I was going to go after ghostly, but now I'm at a loss of what to do. I only have about 20 minutes before I have to leave and that's not nearly enough time to build a case from this huge thread.

This is a good point though my issue is how certain he seemed when he made the comment. I would think that this is not a mafia kill by the flavor and it matches up with the night 1 kill of CrazyMilkShake (both were killed through disembowelment) and both seemed to be fairly high up on the scumdar. I disagree though as far as mafia WOULDN'T kill him. If mafia was aware that there was another anti-town person or faction in the game they may be more tempted to take out scummy acting players. Combined with how yesterday went they may have been unconvinced that they could get Ghostly lynched or it being a clean lynch. All in all I lean towards agreeing that it seems to not be the mafia kill.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby spiesr on Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:26 am

everywhere116 wrote:He still has to tell how, as a doctor, he knows that he was roleblocked.
Yes, Clever, you need to explain this. Also, let us know who you targeted last night.
Captain spiesr

Postby jonty125 on Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:52 am

Flavour suggests SK. And like others have said "Why would doc be told about roleblock?"
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby strike wolf on Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:57 am

jonty125 wrote:Flavour suggests SK. And like others have said "Why would doc be told about roleblock?"

Not sure. I play it that anyone who has a night action gets the notice but I'm not sure how Tails would play it.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby strike wolf on Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:23 pm

Ebwop: I keep forgetting to post this but I have a couple questions regarding yesterday:

first, doomyoshi, You seem pretty sure that jak's action isn't a noob mistake. Why?

Second, Jak, I think you've already stated this to some extent but what was your exact thought process going from thinking claiming early was bad to claiming yourself with only one vote on you?

I had a few more but they were mostly aimed at ghostly and safari and as you know both of htem are dead.

Cadet strike wolf

Re: Hectic Eclectic Mafia (17/17)[D1 Start]

Postby spiesr on Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:03 pm

Okay, so with this new day it is time for a new case. (Well, ghostly already starting this yesterday, but it was never really going to get anywhere.) Chapcrap, I have gone back through your posts and found somethings fthat ghostly didn't bring up yesterday that I find scummy.
chapcrap wrote:Secondly, I believe newguy1 I think, but we have to make a case by Wednesday, so I think it's best to at least have him claim and get some information before I unvote. Sorry newguy. I don't think you're that scummy, but something has to happen on Day 1.
Admits that he didn't think that Newguy was scum but joined the bandwagon anyway. Should going after people that you think are probably town and making them claim just for the sake of having someone claim really even be considered scum hunting?
chapcrap wrote:
strike wolf wrote:... I know about as much as town does about Some7hing. ...
Are you saying you're not town?
Odd slip from a usually thorough player.
Here he is taking a line slightly out of context and trying to suggest it to be a scum-slip.
chapcrap wrote:It doesn't make sense to lynch the only claimed doctor. If we're worred about whether or not he's insane, he doesn't have to target people for now, but lynching him does not seem right to me. I've already been burned by this.
If you believe SomethingClever's claim then this is basically telling the doctor not to use his powers. If you disbelieve his claim, then this could be him giving a scum mate a hint on how to avoid having to fake future actions which could be disproved. (by a watcher or something)

Besides these few instances, his actions in the game prior to the feud with ghostly can be primarily described as "safe." I am starting to think too safe. I admit that what I have here right now is a rather weak case. I didn't have time to analyze all the back and forth vs ghostly in the latter part of Day 2 just yet, but how badly does that need to be retreaded? We can probably just take half of it as it is. Anyhow, I have to Vote Chapcrap today, as something tells me that ghostly was right about something.

While looking back, I also remembered that I don't recall Jak ever answering this for me.
spiesr wrote:I think I would feel more confident, Jak, if you could let us know some of the flavor of your role. (Without doing anything that would stray into quoting of course.) I mean, what sort of nature is your character portrayed as having according to your role pm?
Captain spiesr

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:52 pm

strike wolf wrote:Ebwop: I keep forgetting to post this but I have a couple questions regarding yesterday:

first, doomyoshi, You seem pretty sure that jak's action isn't a noob mistake. Why?

Second, Jak, I think you've already stated this to some extent but what was your exact thought process going from thinking claiming early was bad to claiming yourself with only one vote on you?

I had a few more but they were mostly aimed at ghostly and safari and as you know both of htem are dead.

The first thi g jak said when he joined was that someone was scummy for claiming with no pressure. Therefore, he knew that it was scummy to claim with little pressure. A newb mistake is one which a noob makes because they dont know better. Jak knows better. Still. It a great move, but it isnt a newb mistake.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:53 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:
strike wolf wrote:Ebwop: I keep forgetting to post this but I have a couple questions regarding yesterday:

The first thing jak said when he joined was that someone was scummy for claiming with no pressure. Therefore, he knew that it was scummy to claim with little pressure. A newb mistake is one which a noob makes because they dont know better. Jak knows better. Still not a great move, but it isnt a newb mistake.

Ebwop
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby soundman on Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:42 pm

I did block Clever last night. And today we didn't have a mafia (at least it looks that way) kill. And he knew he was roleblocked. I feel that he is lying about being the doc . Especially after this post:

Who did you protect? It sounds to me like you didn't protect anyone. And still knew you were roleblocked. Vote Clever
Lieutenant soundman

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives