koontz1973 wrote: cairnswk wrote:
did somebody infest you with their barberous tongue today
When I wrote what I was, so yes, a bad mood day. Must remember to not post when in a mood.
Sorry for that.
Better mood today....
Thanks. That's good.
All is well.
... I love the way you are bringing in the metro map, but it might be nice to see some continuity between the two graphics wise. Same colours, textures, icons and what not. Am I correct in thinking that the metro map is only the Sydney territ on this one? Looking good but I am sure you can see the same defects I can so will not go over them now.
Is there any way you could squeeze the bottom a bit so your bonus legend can fit onto 3 lines? If you can, then it would (again) be nice to see the metro map style brought over.
A couple of things here...
1. i wanted to keep this map as standard size 630x600 because i don't think it justifies anything bigger, i.e. it is nice and compact.
2. squeezing the territories to fit in another line in the legend would create some very squashed territories and i have to ask for what benefit. Also what would i do with the area under the Blue Mntns Nat. Park? I don't know if this map justifies the same legedn style as Metro....perhaps i can come up with something similar but different colours, we'll see.
3. i think the road element is enough to bring across from the Metro map...i would like this map to have simply classic gameplay and not include the icons that are on the Metro map as part of that gameplay.
4. After all the agitation about maps being same-same in the foundry, would you want the same textures etc brought over?
5. The metro map contains some of the detailed suburbs in the area defined on this map
by La Perouse, Hurstville, Parramatta, Lane Cove, Chatswood and Manly. There are 656 suburbs listed here.
6. yes i can see some of the defects, and am working on them
Two questions for you. What font is the title as I love it?
and how did you get that sea detail. Might have to snatch that of you one day.
This is a texture file in Fireworks called Vein - i have it as 15% as the sea background.