Conquer Club

calling out pitrules88

Old information and materials.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: calling out pitrules88

Postby jgordon1111 on Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:42 pm

a little skill at being right in reading the game log if you go for a quick kill. But none the less yes 90% luck on first to go.

I disagree on pit being a coward, playing each of you 1vs1 is fair. playing you together in a dubs game right now with an unknown partner for his is not.

Now lets be gentlemen and come back to the quarrel once he finds a partner that he knows and can work with, then I believe once he feels it is equal ground he would be glad to play a dubs challenge. But that is for him to say not me.

Oh and freestyle is not really skill as far as I am concerned it breaks down to lucky dice which usually goes to the attacker and how fast your computer is. Thats not real skill gentlemen.

I watch alot of your freestyle speed games and am quite amused most of the time. you play those for a reason and you know it.

you wait for one weak player once the cards get to 20 and then whoever is fastest wins,lol not skill except in how fast your computer is.

So Hey your are good at that,good for you and those of you who prefer freestyle.

I for the most part will stick to how its played in normal circumstances were my strat wins or loses.

Except that rare occassion I slip into one where the colonels etc dont have time to go back and see if I know what I am doing ;)

So be friendly to each other its better for everyone :P
Private jgordon1111

Postby Louie92 on Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:52 am

jgordon1111 wrote:a little skill at being right in reading the game log if you go for a quick kill. But none the less yes 90% luck on first to go.

I disagree on pit being a coward, playing each of you 1vs1 is fair. playing you together in a dubs game right now with an unknown partner for his is not.

Now lets be gentlemen and come back to the quarrel once he finds a partner that he knows and can work with, then I believe once he feels it is equal ground he would be glad to play a dubs challenge. But that is for him to say not me.

Oh and freestyle is not really skill as far as I am concerned it breaks down to lucky dice which usually goes to the attacker and how fast your computer is. Thats not real skill gentlemen.

I watch alot of your freestyle speed games and am quite amused most of the time. you play those for a reason and you know it.

lolz freestyle requires MORE skill. espically with one minute turns. that means u only have a minute to come up with a strat and then implement it. and since both players can react all at once you have o make split second decisions at a moments notice. unlike in casual games were you get 24 hours to come up with a strat and then after your oppenentn attacks you you get another 24 hours to react. in one minute fs speed games you get seconds to react. and very few can do this consistently and win. how can fs be such luck and yet some of us win on it so consistently?? its okay some people cant make the split second decision and they need hours to talk and decide what move to make. we fs 1 minute turn guys that are actually good at it thrive on making split second decisions. so i ask you what takes more skill. split second decision or decision that you get 24 hours to make.........

you wait for one weak player once the cards get to 20 and then whoever is fastest wins,lol not skill except in how fast your computer is.

So Hey your are good at that,good for you and those of you who prefer freestyle.

I for the most part will stick to how its played in normal circumstances were my strat wins or loses.

Except that rare occassion I slip into one where the colonels etc dont have time to go back and see if I know what I am doing ;)

So be friendly to each other its better for everyone :P
Private 1st Class Louie92

Postby jgordon1111 on Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:27 am

you missed it louie almost everyone that has played a map consistently can make the split second choice,its the computer speed that makes the difference usually.

We are not going to agree on this as I have my opinion you have yours.

Case in point a couple of days ago fs pelop fog at the critical moment I waited for green to hit red again,and moved knowing yellow would jump.

in one second I blocked green from being able to finish red and cover red so yellow couldnt finish him and then in turn cripple yellow. three colonels and a captain. who didnt know me but found out that I was faster.

That is why I dont consider it skill just speed of the computer and why I dont play it often.

Because everyone there was familiar with the map and each knew what they had to do to win, I was faster end of game
Private jgordon1111

Postby ljex on Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:02 pm

jgordon1111 wrote:all that has to happen is ljex accept the 1vs1 challenge then

meh, i will if he is actually serious about the challenge but i dont feel like going through the work to make the challenge happen myself.

jgordon1111 wrote:you missed it louie almost everyone that has played a map consistently can make the split second choice,its the computer speed that makes the difference usually.

Case in point a couple of days ago fs pelop fog at the critical moment I waited for green to hit red again,and moved knowing yellow would jump.

in one second I blocked green from being able to finish red and cover red so yellow couldnt finish him and then in turn cripple yellow. three colonels and a captain. who didnt know me but found out that I was faster.

That is why I dont consider it skill just speed of the computer and why I dont play it often.

Because everyone there was familiar with the map and each knew what they had to do to win, I was faster end of game

Freestyle is not all about speed and that is where you are wrong. Does speed help, yes it helps a log but there is way more to it than just speed. One at a certain point speed matters little, once you can attack 1 region per second or so then you are in good shape for speed to not matter too much. But also there are slower players who have made the best of it, one example is prankcall back when he used to play i was probably twice as fast and half the player. You can look up the exact stats if you want but i can guarantee that he won more of the speed fs escalating games we played together than i did.
Major ljex

Postby ljex on Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:11 pm

army of nobunaga wrote:
Commander62890 wrote:
army of nobunaga wrote:glad to see people of higher ranks hitting each other for bragging rights.

It's more like an elite player "hitting" an average player for being completely obnoxious, but I agree... a step in the right direction, nonetheless.

ljex elite?

well maybe, that guy has some skills and will actually play a lot of different maps.

he and a buddy cheated me one night on speed like 2 years ago and I have had him foed ever since. but I agree, he might be elite.

i see your are still holding a grudge...even though we were cleared of cheating and if you bother to look there is a logical explanation for why everyone made the move they did. You must have a very expansive foe list with what qualifies as foe material for you.
Major ljex

Postby jgordon1111 on Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:37 pm

ljex wrote:

meh, i will if he is actually serious about the challenge but i dont feel like going through the work to make the challenge happen myself.

jgordon1111 wrote:you missed it louie almost everyone that has played a map consistently can make the split second choice,its the computer speed that makes the difference usually.

Freestyle is not all about speed and that is where you are wrong. Does speed help, yes it helps a log but there is way more to it than just speed. One at a certain point speed matters little, once you can attack 1 region per second or so then you are in good shape for speed to not matter too much. But also there are slower players who have made the best of it, one example is prankcall back when he used to play i was probably twice as fast and half the player. You can look up the exact stats if you want but i can guarantee that he won more of the speed fs escalating games we played together than i did.

Rather surprised you missed what I sad about all of us knowing what we had to do to win ljex.We all knew the map,where we had to go and what we had to do,skill portion is now out of the way. From right there its whoever is fastest.
Private jgordon1111

Postby ljex on Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:52 pm

jgordon1111 wrote:
ljex wrote:

Rather surprised you missed what I sad about all of us knowing what we had to do to win ljex.We all knew the map,where we had to go and what we had to do,skill portion is now out of the way. From right there its whoever is fastest.

so how is that different than sequential? we will leave aside the fact that it is wrong for a second and instead move to how it compares to your game type of choosing. In sequential that doesn't come down to speed it comes down to dice/luck. Now I understand that you think freestyle is all about speed and I'm not naive enough to think that I can change your mind. That said you are too naive to see beyond what is visible to the casual observer. You view it as speed that you go that region you needed to and while I don't know the game or the situation all that well I do know there is much more to cc than speed. I cant tell you how many times i have seen amazingly fast players lose the game because of a strategic mistake. The skill aspect of speed freestyle comes in knowing what might happen before it happens and then changing your plan in a split second to account for the new aspect of the game. You may view that as speed but i view it as an element of skill as do most fs players.

I'm not saying that you or anyone else has to play freestyle but I am saying that until you have truly grown to learn and appreciate the intricacies of freestyle you have no right to comment on it being all about speed. You are keeping a narrow focus to your very limited experience on freestyle and discounting that of someone with a vast experience across all game types on cc. I'm not saying one is better/more skilled than the other, but its downright wrong to say the only thing differentiating players who play freestyle settings is speed and you should consider a broader scope than one game to base an entire argument on.
Major ljex

Postby pitrules88 on Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:58 pm

Speed is going to be a big component of 1-minute game, whether it's freestyle or sequential. The reason I prefer freestyle for 1v1 games is because sequential results in a huge advantage to whoever goes first. It's simply not fair if you have to go second in sequential, so freestyle evens it out a little bit.

I agree with ljex, there is a lot more strategy than people think, hence I ran my score all the way above 3000 by playing 1v1 freestyle classics... so that cant simply be luck.

In other news, I just noticed Louie92 has a score of 1900, and he is calling me out saying I am all talk blah blah blah. I will never play another game against that moron. Ljex, if you want to play doubles, find another partner. I am still happy to play u in 1v1 competition.
Brigadier pitrules88

Postby pitrules88 on Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:01 pm

scratch that, he's not 1900 anymore... hes below 1800... and still dropping... just can't get over the fact that he is telling me how good he is and how bad i am - just.. wow
Brigadier pitrules88

Postby Louie92 on Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:08 pm

pitrules88 wrote:scratch that, he's not 1900 anymore... hes below 1800... and still dropping... just can't get over the fact that he is telling me how good he is and how bad i am - just.. wow

you still dont get it pittsy. rank doesnt equal skill. never has never will

Postby ljex on Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:11 pm

pitrules88 wrote:Speed is going to be a big component of 1-minute game, whether it's freestyle or sequential. The reason I prefer freestyle for 1v1 games is because sequential results in a huge advantage to whoever goes first. It's simply not fair if you have to go second in sequential, so freestyle evens it out a little bit.

I agree with ljex, there is a lot more strategy than people think, hence I ran my score all the way above 3000 by playing 1v1 freestyle classics... so that cant simply be luck.

In other news, I just noticed Louie92 has a score of 1900, and he is calling me out saying I am all talk blah blah blah. I will never play another game against that moron. Ljex, if you want to play doubles, find another partner. I am still happy to play u in 1v1 competition.

the callout was simply because you foed me...i dont really care about it that much if i am no longer foed. I will gladly partake in the challenge if you wish but at this point i dont really care about it.

pitrules88 wrote:scratch that, he's not 1900 anymore... hes below 1800... and still dropping... just can't get over the fact that he is telling me how good he is and how bad i am - just.. wow

go play 30 doodle assassin games and report back with your score. It only highlights how little you know about conquerclub that you believe score has anything to do with skill. He is currently about 1000 points below your score...and you are saying you cant believe he is a worse player yet at the same time you are 1000 points below me and have openly said in various game chats that you are a better player than me. I dont get it, do you just say whatever fits your argument at the time? Im honestly curious about the logic, not trying to be ill spirited here or start a huge argument.
Major ljex

Postby pitrules88 on Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:33 pm

quick update on louie92, hes now a 3 striper lol... my point ljex is that this moron continues to brag about how much better he is than me, yet he is more unstable than anyone on this site.. when you lose 1000+ points in a day it's not about skill, it's about losing your head. Now I know he will say "im just playing games for fun, i dont care about points" but honestly, he is just humiliating himself as usual.

and ljex i just dont understand why u continue to defend this nutjob. Yes, if I played 30 doodle assassin games I'd lose points, but sheesh I'd probably win a few here and there...
Brigadier pitrules88

Postby Louie92 on Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:46 pm

pitrules88 wrote:quick update on louie92, hes now a 3 striper lol... my point ljex is that this moron continues to brag about how much better he is than me, yet he is more unstable than anyone on this site.. when you lose 1000+ points in a day it's not about skill, it's about losing your head. Now I know he will say "im just playing games for fun, i dont care about points" but honestly, he is just humiliating himself as usual.

and ljex i just dont understand why u continue to defend this nutjob. Yes, if I played 30 doodle assassin games I'd lose points, but sheesh I'd probably win a few here and there...

its funny that im so unstable and everything if im so unstable of a person. why am i friends with so many solid players on here. why would they put up with such an unstable person. and why since u have foed me keep up with all the games that i have played. and yes PIT RULES I AM BETTER THAN YOU. i have beaten you 65 percent of the time and those wins being mainly ON YOUR MAP lmao. and im humiliating myself? thats cool hey ljex guess what im humilitating myself on an online risk website what am i ever going to do ???? please help me out ljex.

Postby jgordon1111 on Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:48 pm

ljex I did not say freestyle didnt take skill,but like chess you are looking 3 to 5 plays ahead and the possibilities of what might happen every turn.

So when something unusual or a mistake happens, yes all of you see it and know what to do immediately because you know the board, skill is over at that point, speed kills. Right or Wrong?

Maybe I dont explain well enough what I mean most of the time.

once the cards hit 20 any mistake made by anyone is usually game, and for the fastest person.

Fast posted by louie, wow you guys are still getting peeved.
Private jgordon1111

Postby ljex on Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:50 pm

pitrules88 wrote:and ljex i just dont understand why u continue to defend this nutjob. Yes, if I played 30 doodle assassin games I'd lose points, but sheesh I'd probably win a few here and there...

I defend him because he is my friend, similarly to how jgordon1111 defended you earlier in the thread. Also i think there was a day where i dropped 2000 points so i know a thing or two about starting to play for fun instead of points. if you played 30 assdoodles i would be surprised if you were still above 2250 score and louie has played more than 30 of them now.
Major ljex

Postby pitrules88 on Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:50 pm

ljex please help him! He needs you man.
Brigadier pitrules88

Postby Louie92 on Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:54 pm

pitrules88 wrote:ljex please help him! He needs you man.

u know what cracks me up is that pit rules totally aviods how i have beaten him so much more than he has beaten me i dont know how else u prove that your a better player than when u beat them on their home map over and over again. and rank doesnt matter pitty i would still run you all over your map classic. i would beat you more than u would beat me. i always have and always will. rank doesnt = skill

Postby ljex on Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:59 pm

jgordon1111 wrote:So when something unusual or a mistake happens, yes all of you see it and know what to do immediately because you know the board, skill is over at that point, speed kills. Right or Wrong?

Wrong, mistakes happen rounds in advance of someone being killed more often than not. You can look at a pretty good number of my games and realize that i am the one going for most of the kills. Its all about setting yourself up to not be killed and to kill others at the same time. Often a fine line lays between the two sides of that coin. You say skill is over at that point but this is the root of where you start to go wrong, skill is not over at that point...skill has already happened. It is a skill to know and read the board and to be prepared of that possibility to happen. That is no different than sequential...sure speed is all that matters after all the skill has been placed into the move but that doesn't mean any fast player can have the skill to be prepared for what eventually happens.
Major ljex

Postby ljex on Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:03 pm

Louie92 wrote:
pitrules88 wrote:ljex please help him! He needs you man.

u know what cracks me up is that pit rules totally aviods how i have beaten him so much more than he has beaten me i dont know how else u prove that your a better player than when u beat them on their home map over and over again. and rank doesnt matter pitty i would still run you all over your map classic. i would beat you more than u would beat me. i always have and always will. rank doesnt = skill

to be fair joining his home map is actually an advantage for you as you get to get your deploy off first and thus get attackers if stacks are next to each other.
Major ljex

Postby rhp 1 on Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:05 pm

i'm just gonna throw my filthy two cents in here... ljex is one of the top 3 freestlye players on this site, and for those who know me, that's sayin something... to his sequential skills, I can't speak on that point as I've never played with or against him on that setting... that said, why he would waste his breath in explaining how he dominates, or would dominate pitrilus, is completely lost on me... it's like trying to justify how a lion can kill a gazelle... the justification is self-evident...
Lieutenant rhp 1

Location: IF YOU HAVE NO CLUE WHAT YOU'RE DOING, IT IS BEST TO DO IT....... QUICKLY

Postby jgordon1111 on Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:12 pm

ljex wrote:
jgordon1111 wrote:So when something unusual or a mistake happens, yes all of you see it and know what to do immediately because you know the board, skill is over at that point, speed kills. Right or Wrong?

Wrong, mistakes happen rounds in advance of someone being killed more often than not. You can look at a pretty good number of my games and realize that i am the one going for most of the kills. Its all about setting yourself up to not be killed and to kill others at the same time. Often a fine line lays between the two sides of that coin. You say skill is over at that point but this is the root of where you start to go wrong, skill is not over at that point...skill has already happened. It is a skill to know and read the board and to be prepared of that possibility to happen. That is no different than sequential...sure speed is all that matters after all the skill has been placed into the move but that doesn't mean any fast player can have the skill to be prepared for what eventually happens.

I am not disagreeing with you ljex, what I am saying is at the final critical moment. Once the mistake is made all of you recognize it(because you know the map) now it is purely who is the fastest to get those cards. Yes the skill to get you there is now over, the turn in is the winner, because now everyone is waiting to see who is next and if they can get there first. Thats all speed ljex.
Private jgordon1111

Postby pitrules88 on Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:13 pm

yep ljex, you nailed it

I'm not saying anyone in this thread does this, but there's a lot of high ranked players who play 1v1 on a tricky map to run their score all the way up. The fact that I play it on classic not only gives lower rated players a much better chance of winning, but they also get to deploy first and auto their stack on mine putting me at a huge disadvantage.

So I'm still waiting for you guys to man-up and admit that I have some serious skills at this.
Brigadier pitrules88

Postby ljex on Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:27 pm

pitrules88 wrote:yep ljex, you nailed it

I'm not saying anyone in this thread does this, but there's a lot of high ranked players who play 1v1 on a tricky map to run their score all the way up. The fact that I play it on classic not only gives lower rated players a much better chance of winning, but they also get to deploy first and auto their stack on mine putting me at a huge disadvantage.

So I'm still waiting for you guys to man-up and admit that I have some serious skills at this.

My god some of the things you say are just stupid...go look at my numbers for manual classic freestyle, they are pretty much the same as yours and i was way worse than i am now when i played most of them. Also if anyone who is not good joins your games you can very easily get the stack attack off as they are not as fast as you not to mention the fact that many of them don't get the deploy off first. Yeah your good at your chosen map but that doesn't prevent other people from being better.
Major ljex

Postby ljex on Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:30 pm

jgordon1111 wrote:
ljex wrote:

I am not disagreeing with you ljex, what I am saying is at the final critical moment. Once the mistake is made all of you recognize it(because you know the map) now it is purely who is the fastest to get those cards. Yes the skill to get you there is now over, the turn in is the winner, because now everyone is waiting to see who is next and if they can get there first. Thats all speed ljex.

no it is purely who had accounted for all the variables most accurately. this is where you are wrong you need to know everyone in the game and what they are going to do to make the best possible decision strategically for yourself. The person who was closest to being accurate will be the one that benefits the most and moves closer to winning. This is where true greatness comes into play in speed freestyle escalating.
Major ljex

Postby jgordon1111 on Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:59 pm

I concede to your experience in this ljex, yes it is skill and speed
Private jgordon1111

PreviousNext

Return to Callouts Archives