Conquer Club

[GO] Launch game feature added to speed games

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

[GO] Launch game feature added to speed games

Postby MNDuke on Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:38 am

I will further extend myself by saying cc should alter the way speed games are started, by allowing the creator of the game to click a launch button once it fills. It should also allow the creator to boot anyone they chose from joining the game before it starts.

Concise description:
  • Add a launch feature to speed games

Specifics/Details:
  • Add a Speed Games tab where awaiting speed games will sit until started. Here there would be a launch button that the game creator would click to launch the game once it fills. They would click the button and the game would launch.

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • It gives people a chance to get the right teammates in place and would reduce sniping. It makes sure the right people are in the game and gives you a chance to ask players you'd rather not play with to drop the game. It eliminates the surprise player. Also, it could help reduce farming by giving less experienced players a chance to ask someone who is looking to take advantage of a mismatch to drop their game.
Sergeant MNDuke

Re: Launch game feature added to speed games.

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:06 pm

How much sniping is there? I would support this if it were a problem. I don't see it as a problem though.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby MNDuke on Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:24 am

DoomYoshi wrote:How much sniping is there? I would support this if it were a problem. I don't see it as a problem though.

How often do you play team speed games? And its not just the sniping it would eliminate. It has other advantages as well. I guess to me it only makes sense. Instead of the game starting abruptly, it is controlled.
Sergeant MNDuke

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:44 pm

MNDuke wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:How much sniping is there? I would support this if it were a problem. I don't see it as a problem though.

How often do you play team speed games? And its not just the sniping it would eliminate. It has other advantages as well. I guess to me it only makes sense. Instead of the game starting abruptly, it is controlled.

It makes sense, I am not saying it doesn't. I don't play a lot of speed games, so I really don't know much about the problem. However, it seems this would require some major recoding of a lot of the games on the site. Also, I am not sure n00bs would know how to take advantage of it anyways. Most n00bs just can't operate in English so there is no hope for them.

It has it's merits for sure. This seems like an idea that needs a Kickstart.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby MNDuke on Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:45 pm

It all starts with getting the ball rolling. I know others have expressed interest in something like this for quite some time. I'm finally just getting around to posting it in light of a recent problem I encountered. To further expand upon the idea, There should be a boot feature as well.
Sergeant MNDuke

Return to Archived Suggestions