Conquer Club

[Official] NBC Mafia Town Win MVP=trinicardinal

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [Official] Nightmare Before Christmas Mafia Town Win MVP

Postby betiko on Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:18 am

chapcrap wrote:If trini gets the MVP, which I don't have a problem with, he should be able to transfer the premium to whoever he sees fit.

This was a good game. I was frustrated that I didn't know as much as others because of having no night actions and only being able to go off of scum tells.

well this is question is quite seen on a scum perspective; but I really think you voted way too quick on day 5, as if you didn't calculate that it was a hammer vote, cause obviously dazza was going to vote the same. you didn't even wait for counter arguments... also at some point you voted medefe and didn't let go (for little activity..), if someone else had followed you we had our secret "jellybean" operation to speedlych and it would've been a victory.
I also think you were a bit too gut feeling driven vs rodion v1.0. it was great to see it from a scum perspective, but i was really wondering what the hell you were doing with no proofs... god that day2 was long and painfull!

anyway, I quite enjoyed this, as a first experience and definitely learned a lot for next time. just think that 5 month is too long... just think that there should be tighter deadlines, like 2 weeks per day, would avoid some endless discutions like day 2.
Major betiko

Postby chapcrap on Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:41 pm

betiko wrote:
chapcrap wrote:If trini gets the MVP, which I don't have a problem with, he should be able to transfer the premium to whoever he sees fit.

This was a good game. I was frustrated that I didn't know as much as others because of having no night actions and only being able to go off of scum tells.

well this is question is quite seen on a scum perspective; but I really think you voted way too quick on day 5, as if you didn't calculate that it was a hammer vote, cause obviously dazza was going to vote the same. you didn't even wait for counter arguments... also at some point you voted medefe and didn't let go (for little activity..), if someone else had followed you we had our secret "jellybean" operation to speedlych and it would've been a victory.
I also think you were a bit too gut feeling driven vs rodion v1.0. it was great to see it from a scum perspective, but i was really wondering what the hell you were doing with no proofs... god that day2 was long and painfull!

anyway, I quite enjoyed this, as a first experience and definitely learned a lot for next time. just think that 5 month is too long... just think that there should be tighter deadlines, like 2 weeks per day, would avoid some endless discutions like day 2.

Yes, well there was nothing else much to go on on Day 2 and Rodion was acting fishy. I was not the only town to think so.

And perhaps I should have let it go with MeDeFe, but he was being inactive the whole time. Even after we found out that he was town.

You think I voted too quickly on Day 5? That was when we lynched Epi. There was nothing else going on and he had nothing that he could say. And you voted before me... What was your secret jellybean operation? To help me lynch a scummate?

And I agree about the deadlines. If there were 2 week deadlines, the game would have probably been over in about half the time.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Swifte on Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:07 pm

chapcrap wrote:And I agree about the deadlines. If there were 2 week deadlines, the game would have probably been over in about half the time.

But then it might have only been half the fun!

The fake bomb dragged things to a crawl at that point as I recall.
Colonel Swifte

Postby Rodion on Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:18 pm

MeDeFe wrote:Rodion, I believe you wanted to explain why you fakeclaimed Town Bomb before.

Did I want? :lol:

The primary reason is I wanted to be alive around the massclaim/endgame period so I could help find scum, so with the bomb claim I thought I could scare people into not lynching me (or into forcing a claim out of the poor bastard that would be scheduled to hammer me and possibly identify a fake, thus outright lynching him instead). Sucks that it didn't work, but enter the secondary reason: getting more discussion in the table so we could clear/implicate more players before N2 arrived. For instance, I think Chap volunteering for the hammer earned him major town cred, which proved to be useful later on (it sucks that mafia got to know Strike was a power role, but he had it coming for pushing my bandwagon! ;) ).

betiko wrote:also at some point you voted medefe and didn't let go (for little activity..), if someone else had followed you we had our secret "jellybean" operation to speedlych and it would've been a victory.

Can you tell us more about this operation? Had you previously established a daily time for you all to be online in order to make that happen?
General Rodion

Postby Epitaph1 on Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:24 pm

Yeah, pretty much. Our code was "jellybean ______" to get everyone online at a certain time and get a speed lynch. We just couldn't get the ball rolling on a townie to even try the operation. Oh well. I'm sure the town would have been completely confused if one of us mentioned jellybeans in the middle of an argument.
Major Epitaph1

Postby Rodion on Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:27 pm

Epitaph1 wrote:Yeah, pretty much. Our code was "jellybean ______" to get everyone online at a certain time and get a speed lynch. We just couldn't get the ball rolling on a townie to even try the operation. Oh well. I'm sure the town would have been completely confused if one of us mentioned jellybeans in the middle of an argument.

But how would you do that? Would you PM other players with the jellybean code? Or just post in the thread and hope others would be there at the right time to act upon it?
General Rodion

Postby chapcrap on Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:31 pm

Rodion wrote:
Epitaph1 wrote:Yeah, pretty much. Our code was "jellybean ______" to get everyone online at a certain time and get a speed lynch. We just couldn't get the ball rolling on a townie to even try the operation. Oh well. I'm sure the town would have been completely confused if one of us mentioned jellybeans in the middle of an argument.

But how would you do that? Would you PM other players with the jellybean code? Or just post in the thread and hope others would be there at the right time to act upon it?

PMs would be against the rules. I think he means to literally add jellybean into a post...
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Rodion on Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:34 pm

chapcrap wrote:
Rodion wrote:

PMs would be against the rules. I think he means to literally add jellybean into a post...

I think so too. But adding jellybean into a post would not magically summon his 3 scummates to the speedlynch.
General Rodion

Postby MeDeFe on Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:39 pm

Rodion wrote:
chapcrap wrote:
Rodion wrote:

I think so too. But adding jellybean into a post would not magically summon his 3 scummates to the speedlynch.

If there's a set time every day, or even every two days, it's enough to bookmark the link for searching for "jellybean" in the thread and quickly check if the operation is go when you log in. Then the scum would know to be online at a time and speedlynch if still possible.
saxitoxin wrote:Your position is more complex than the federal tax code. As soon as I think I understand it, I find another index of cross-references, exceptions and amendments I have to apply.
Timminz wrote:Yo mama is so classless, she could be a Marxist utopia.
Major MeDeFe

Location: Follow the trail of holes in other people's arguments.

Postby safariguy5 on Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:42 pm

trinicardinal wrote:
pancakemix wrote:Seeing all our names on a list didn't make me panic. MoB's counterclaim (more the way he went about it) was more likely to induce panic.

Betiko, are you suggesting I also claim Igor? Because that would have ended comically.

lol... that it would.

@ SG7 - Well i don't need the premium and he has had some hard times recently and cannot afford to purchase premium at this time. Its nice if he can benefit then.

Yes, I can award the premium to someone else. The player has been noted.
Captain safariguy5

Postby trinicardinal on Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:56 pm

safariguy5 wrote:
trinicardinal wrote:
pancakemix wrote:Seeing all our names on a list didn't make me panic. MoB's counterclaim (more the way he went about it) was more likely to induce panic.

Betiko, are you suggesting I also claim Igor? Because that would have ended comically.

lol... that it would.

@ SG7 - Well i don't need the premium and he has had some hard times recently and cannot afford to purchase premium at this time. Its nice if he can benefit then.

Yes, I can award the premium to someone else. The player has been noted.

thx saf. Epi did you have preset time to check the thread for that speed lynch?
10:16:35 ‹Ace Rimmer› haven't looked at work in ages
10:42:43 ‹Sackett58› fine, I'll take my panties elsewhere
Captain trinicardinal

Postby safariguy5 on Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:08 pm

Medals and Premium have been awarded. I'll unsticky this thread now, but feel free to ask me questions and continue to talk. I'll archive it in a few days to give everyone more time to talk.

Again, thanks for playing everyone, these games are only possible because of the players who play.
Captain safariguy5

Re: [Official] NBC Mafia Town Win MVP=trinicardinal

Postby BGtheBrain on Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:09 pm

Last edited by BGtheBrain on Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Captain BGtheBrain

Postby betiko on Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:59 pm

Rodion wrote:
MeDeFe wrote:Rodion, I believe you wanted to explain why you fakeclaimed Town Bomb before.

Did I want? :lol:

The primary reason is I wanted to be alive around the massclaim/endgame period so I could help find scum, so with the bomb claim I thought I could scare people into not lynching me (or into forcing a claim out of the poor bastard that would be scheduled to hammer me and possibly identify a fake, thus outright lynching him instead). Sucks that it didn't work, but enter the secondary reason: getting more discussion in the table so we could clear/implicate more players before N2 arrived. For instance, I think Chap volunteering for the hammer earned him major town cred, which proved to be useful later on (it sucks that mafia got to know Strike was a power role, but he had it coming for pushing my bandwagon! ;) ).

betiko wrote:also at some point you voted medefe and didn't let go (for little activity..), if someone else had followed you we had our secret "jellybean" operation to speedlych and it would've been a victory.

Can you tell us more about this operation? Had you previously established a daily time for you all to be online in order to make that happen?

yes rodi, at that point our plan was to wait for 2 town to vote for another town and say the word jellybean in any post. then we had a 1h timeframe in which we had to all vote the next day. i came up with this silly idea; but we should've thought of a massclaim before that; cause it obviously did lots of harm and we lost there... i think losing mafia guys before would ve been really beneficial cause people would've started building theories. ending up with 100% mafias that didn't claim on the mylo day actually sucks. i'll learn for next time.
Major betiko

Postby betiko on Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:03 pm

by teh way, sg7; i hope you were kidding when you said you forgot who were your scum mates??? would be quite sad if it was true and would show how little attention you gave to the game after playing with us during a few month..
Major betiko

Postby Rodion on Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:05 pm

I think you could have tried to get a lynch on Leitz, Dazza or Chap (Dazza being the strongest candidate). Yes, they had claimed and they had not been lynched, but at the beginning of D4 they were far from cleared.
General Rodion

Postby betiko on Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:07 pm

BGtheBrain wrote:Thanks for getting the medal for me guys/gals

yeah i think it s a bit unfair that jimfinn who played a big role for me doesn't get a medal and that being eliminated 4 month ago you get one lol! but hey, that's the rules! you surely would've prefered to be in much longer!

was fun to have all this tnc crew you guys seem like a cool clan! ;)
Major betiko

Postby betiko on Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:11 pm

Rodion wrote:I think you could have tried to get a lynch on Leitz, Dazza or Chap (Dazza being the strongest candidate). Yes, they had claimed and they had not been lynched, but at the beginning of D4 they were far from cleared.

well i think the idea was just not to suggest and to let a flow start by itself and bandwagon... we tried too hard to win on day 4 cause everything was just rolling for us. turning point is really jimfinn and trini establishing a list/ massclaim; then you jumping in and asking epi to protect you. epi could've been sort of cleared; i was doomed with the whole noob inventor thing i did. on an other hand was my first game so can't know all the codes...
Major betiko

Postby shieldgenerator7 on Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:38 pm

betiko wrote:by teh way, sg7; i hope you were kidding when you said you forgot who were your scum mates??? would be quite sad if it was true and would show how little attention you gave to the game after playing with us during a few month..

no, ha ha, while I was playing the game I knew who were my scummates. I meant after my hiatus and being replaced and all I had forgotten who I was playing with.

And anyway, that jelly bean code sounds cool. You guys talked it over at night and then made a plan for the day? That's so cool. Way to teamwork!

-SG7 ( :) )
Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to defeat all evil. -Ephesians 6 KJV

My Smiley: ( :) ) --- it's got SHIELDS!

everywhere116 wrote:You da man! Well, not really, because we're colorful ponies, but you get the idea.
Sergeant shieldgenerator7

Postby safariguy5 on Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:01 pm

betiko wrote:
BGtheBrain wrote:Thanks for getting the medal for me guys/gals

yeah i think it s a bit unfair that jimfinn who played a big role for me doesn't get a medal and that being eliminated 4 month ago you get one lol! but hey, that's the rules! you surely would've prefered to be in much longer!

was fun to have all this tnc crew you guys seem like a cool clan! ;)

This game was supposed to end by January, but I hate making deadlines cut short good discussion. There were a couple days that went on really long.
Captain safariguy5

Postby dazza2008 on Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:18 pm

betiko wrote:was fun to have all this tnc crew you guys seem like a cool clan! ;)

Yeah it is pretty cool in TNC.

We play mafia in our forum. Most of the time we have around 15 per game. It is quite interesting because you get to know each others play style pretty well.

I think that helped me here. I was convinced BG was town(he still got lynched :cry: ) and it is why I was so sure MoB was lying.
Corporal dazza2008

Postby pancakemix on Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:55 pm

Rodion wrote:
chapcrap wrote:
Rodion wrote:

The plan was to incorporate it into the post somehow. We were hoping to be all on at a predetermined (at night) time, but it never panned out for us to even get a chance.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby Epitaph1 on Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:40 am

dazza2008 wrote:
betiko wrote:was fun to have all this tnc crew you guys seem like a cool clan! ;)

Yeah it is pretty cool in TNC.

We play mafia in our forum. Most of the time we have around 15 per game. It is quite interesting because you get to know each others play style pretty well.

I think that helped me here. I was convinced BG was town(he still got lynched :cry: ) and it is why I was so sure MoB was lying.

Hmmmm, mafia clan war, anyone? (I have no idea how that would work).

Our clan mafia games have been known to last 2 weeks and still generate 60+ pages of text. It's not uncommon to check in after 12 hour and find 8 pages of reading.
Major Epitaph1

Postby trinicardinal on Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:14 am

betiko wrote:
Rodion wrote:I think you could have tried to get a lynch on Leitz, Dazza or Chap (Dazza being the strongest candidate). Yes, they had claimed and they had not been lynched, but at the beginning of D4 they were far from cleared.

well i think the idea was just not to suggest and to let a flow start by itself and bandwagon... we tried too hard to win on day 4 cause everything was just rolling for us. turning point is really jimfinn and trini establishing a list/ massclaim; then you jumping in and asking epi to protect you. epi could've been sort of cleared; i was doomed with the whole noob inventor thing i did. on an other hand was my first game so can't know all the codes...

I think if Epi had claimed VT while you claimed that same noob inventor thing you guys would have won it. D4 really turned out to be the critical timing and I think the most mistakes were made then. I also should not have allowed 2 votes to add to MeDeFe on D4 - I should have claimed from the very first vote.

@ dazza - I was wondering how come you were so convinced when so many others were still skeptical - I was glad you were though.
10:16:35 ‹Ace Rimmer› haven't looked at work in ages
10:42:43 ‹Sackett58› fine, I'll take my panties elsewhere
Captain trinicardinal

Postby betiko on Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:31 pm

trinicardinal wrote:
betiko wrote:

I think if Epi had claimed VT while you claimed that same noob inventor thing you guys would have won it. D4 really turned out to be the critical timing and I think the most mistakes were made then. I also should not have allowed 2 votes to add to MeDeFe on D4 - I should have claimed from the very first vote.

@ dazza - I was wondering how come you were so convinced when so many others were still skeptical - I was glad you were though.

yes but even better with pcm claiming igor and me counter-claiming inventor; then we let eventually the cop investigate pcm...
but from your perspective trini; how sure were you of the dazza leitz and chap claims on day 4? cause the only way your list could've been unacuarte was that one of these 3 were scum and fakeclaimed.
Major betiko

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives