Conquer Club

[GP] Different neutral set-up for different game types

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

[GP] Different neutral set-up for different game types

Postby jimboy on Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:50 pm

Different neutral troop arrangement for different game types:

I'm not sure whether or not this is ever been brought up before but this is my idea. My idea is there be different neutral troop set-ups on some maps for singles, doubles, triples, and quads. Some maps it could be unaffected, however on some maps it could be of great benefit to have a difference in the neutral troop arrangement between the singles and doubles vs the triples and quads game.

The idea for all of this came from the recent change to the cricket map turning the bowler into a neutral instead of in the past it being owned by one team or the other. I think that this change is very unfortunate personally as it takes away a very unique part of this map and its strategy. The thing is is that I normally play the map on quads where the bowler has far less impact on the game where the argument could be made that in the singles game it provides too much of an advantage to have it starting with one player or the other. So I thought, what if it was to start neutral in the singles game but maybe not neutral in the trips and quads games?

Anyways, I'm sure you guys can get the drift of what I am trying to describe here. I think this idea has the potential to bring out allot of different interesting elements in a lot of different maps however I also realize it has the potential to make things too complicated.

So I guess I will open this one up to the floor now for you all to agree, disagree, and most importantly discuss the idea to maybe come up with something similar to make our game better.

Cheers,
Jimboy
General jimboy

Re: Different neutral set-up for different game types

Postby chapcrap on Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:28 pm

I don't think that XML allows this.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Return to Archived Suggestions