Conquer Club

[Official] NBC Mafia Town Win MVP=trinicardinal

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [Official] NBC Mafia Town Win MVP=trinicardinal

Postby everywhere116 on Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:22 pm

Epitaph1 wrote:
dazza2008 wrote:
betiko wrote:was fun to have all this tnc crew you guys seem like a cool clan! ;)

Yeah it is pretty cool in TNC.

We play mafia in our forum. Most of the time we have around 15 per game. It is quite interesting because you get to know each others play style pretty well.

I think that helped me here. I was convinced BG was town(he still got lynched :cry: ) and it is why I was so sure MoB was lying.

Hmmmm, mafia clan war, anyone? (I have no idea how that would work).

Our clan mafia games have been known to last 2 weeks and still generate 60+ pages of text. It's not uncommon to check in after 12 hour and find 8 pages of reading.

Like the good ol' days.
"Disease, suffering, hardship...that is what war is all about."-Captain Kirk, from "A Taste of Armageddon"
Corporal everywhere116

Postby trinicardinal on Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:59 pm

betiko wrote:yes but even better with pcm claiming igor and me counter-claiming inventor; then we let eventually the cop investigate pcm...
but from your perspective trini; how sure were you of the dazza leitz and chap claims on day 4? cause the only way your list could've been unacuarte was that one of these 3 were scum and fakeclaimed.

Agreed - As to how sure I was... I was pretty sure about dazza and Leitz... almost as sure about chap. I did recognise the fact that they could have been fakeclaims and playing really well as town. I figured of the 3 the most likely fakeclaim was chap and that was mostly linked to the fact that he didn't want to give his character name.

On the other hand PCM/SG7 and Epi had been tripping my scumdar for a while and to a lesser extent MoB and you. My list felt right when I did it up. I did acknowledge the uncertainty by adding the part about if the claims we had gotten were true.

MoB's counter claim made me absolutely certain about PCM and you and ofc it was absolutely obvious that he was scum as well. Epi was the one that I wasn't sure about - your counter claim almost worked there but the backup doctor claim just meant that we were sure the next day after Rodion came up with his plan.
10:16:35 ‹Ace Rimmer› haven't looked at work in ages
10:42:43 ‹Sackett58› fine, I'll take my panties elsewhere
Captain trinicardinal

Postby dazza2008 on Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:53 pm

trinicardinal wrote:@ dazza - I was wondering how come you were so convinced when so many others were still skeptical - I was glad you were though.

I am not really sure. I just had the feeling you were town from very early in the game.

The way MoB reacted when he countered looked very fake to me too. I think he over did the acting there :lol:

That is again where I think the games we play in the clan helped me here. I could see he was lying pretty easily.
Corporal dazza2008

Postby safariguy5 on Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:36 pm

I will say that a lot of posting by MoB probably did him no favors. When you're lying, try to change as little from normal behavior as possible. Mob seemed to be very talkative and defensive when he came out with the counterclaim.
Captain safariguy5

Postby pancakemix on Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:41 pm

safariguy5 wrote:I will say that a lot of posting by MoB probably did him no favors. When you're lying, try to change as little from normal behavior as possible. Mob seemed to be very talkative and defensive when he came out with the counterclaim.

Indeed. One post in particular stuck out. All it said was "Wait, hold on!" or something to that effect. That's just fake. Remember that you can't act over the internet, but you can keep a poker face. There's no need to fake emotion (and you really can't anyway), just say what you're going to say. If it's plain as day and says what you mean, you should be fine.

Hope that helps.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Re: [Official] Nightmare Before Christmas Mafia Town Win MVP

Postby strike wolf on Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:49 pm

Rodion wrote:
MeDeFe wrote:Rodion, I believe you wanted to explain why you fakeclaimed Town Bomb before.

Did I want? :lol:

The primary reason is I wanted to be alive around the massclaim/endgame period so I could help find scum, so with the bomb claim I thought I could scare people into not lynching me (or into forcing a claim out of the poor bastard that would be scheduled to hammer me and possibly identify a fake, thus outright lynching him instead). Sucks that it didn't work, but enter the secondary reason: getting more discussion in the table so we could clear/implicate more players before N2 arrived. For instance, I think Chap volunteering for the hammer earned him major town cred, which proved to be useful later on (it sucks that mafia got to know Strike was a power role, but he had it coming for pushing my bandwagon! ;) ).

betiko wrote:also at some point you voted medefe and didn't let go (for little activity..), if someone else had followed you we had our secret "jellybean" operation to speedlych and it would've been a victory.

Can you tell us more about this operation? Had you previously established a daily time for you all to be online in order to make that happen?

You had your bandwagon coming for the stupid metagame comment. ;)
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby strike wolf on Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:52 pm

strike wolf wrote:
Rodion wrote:
MeDeFe wrote:Rodion, I believe you wanted to explain why you fakeclaimed Town Bomb before.

The primary reason is I wanted to be alive around the massclaim/endgame period so I could help find scum, so with the bomb claim I thought I could scare people into not lynching me (or into forcing a claim out of the poor bastard that would be scheduled to hammer me and possibly identify a fake, thus outright lynching him instead). Sucks that it didn't work, but enter the secondary reason: getting more discussion in the table so we could clear/implicate more players before N2 arrived. For instance, I think Chap volunteering for the hammer earned him major town cred, which proved to be useful later on (it sucks that mafia got to know Strike was a power role, but he had it coming for pushing my bandwagon! ;) ).

betiko wrote:also at some point you voted medefe and didn't let go (for little activity..), if someone else had followed you we had our secret "jellybean" operation to speedlych and it would've been a victory.

Can you tell us more about this operation? Had you previously established a daily time for you all to be online in order to make that happen?

Other than that. My power role was a rather weak one so I was more than ok to get taken out.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby betiko on Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:06 pm

strike wolf wrote:
strike wolf wrote:
Rodion wrote:

Other than that. My power role was a rather weak one so I was more than ok to get taken out.

we all thought you were watcher and feared you, so we went for you; but somehow thought it was weird cause you knew we always thought zero was a watcher and you played on that revealing your character. we would've NK trini otherwise that night if we knew you were just mason.

by the way, medefe and strike, do you mind revealing some night conversations you 2 had? who were your biggest suspects?
Major betiko

Postby Rodion on Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:09 pm

I feel we should have quicktopics for mafia (and masons) to use throughout the game. They are safe to use as long as you don't leak the link and they provide an interesting read after the game is over.
General Rodion

Postby betiko on Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:10 pm

trinicardinal wrote:
betiko wrote:yes but even better with pcm claiming igor and me counter-claiming inventor; then we let eventually the cop investigate pcm...
but from your perspective trini; how sure were you of the dazza leitz and chap claims on day 4? cause the only way your list could've been unacuarte was that one of these 3 were scum and fakeclaimed.

Agreed - As to how sure I was... I was pretty sure about dazza and Leitz... almost as sure about chap. I did recognise the fact that they could have been fakeclaims and playing really well as town. I figured of the 3 the most likely fakeclaim was chap and that was mostly linked to the fact that he didn't want to give his character name.

On the other hand PCM/SG7 and Epi had been tripping my scumdar for a while and to a lesser extent MoB and you. My list felt right when I did it up. I did acknowledge the uncertainty by adding the part about if the claims we had gotten were true.

MoB's counter claim made me absolutely certain about PCM and you and ofc it was absolutely obvious that he was scum as well. Epi was the one that I wasn't sure about - your counter claim almost worked there but the backup doctor claim just meant that we were sure the next day after Rodion came up with his plan.

yes, my feeling was that chap was the only one that could be replaced on your list with epi so I played on that. unfortunately rodion forced epi to protect him; getting myself lynched would've made you guys trust epi and distrust chap......

guys, when is the next official game? can we get notifications?
Major betiko

Postby safariguy5 on Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:36 pm

I've modded the last two official games, if someone wants to submit a setup for approval as a possible Official game to either me or Sully, that would be great.
Captain safariguy5

Postby everywhere116 on Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:06 pm

The only suggestion I will give is not to sticky it. It might just be me, but my eyes filter out stickied threads on almost every forum I've ever been in. Might have contributed to the inactivity.
"Disease, suffering, hardship...that is what war is all about."-Captain Kirk, from "A Taste of Armageddon"
Corporal everywhere116

Postby pancakemix on Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:17 pm

safariguy5 wrote:I've modded the last two official games, if someone wants to submit a setup for approval as a possible Official game to either me or Sully, that would be great.

Personal opinion: Make the submission/selection process more visible. Like have a thread where you announce that submissions are open and then (possibly) announce the selected mod and theme.

I don't think stickying hurt activity at all. I felt it was fairly active, at least during the time I was in it.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby shieldgenerator7 on Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:29 pm

yeah I don't mind the stick yas long as I know the sticky is there
Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to defeat all evil. -Ephesians 6 KJV

My Smiley: ( :) ) --- it's got SHIELDS!

everywhere116 wrote:You da man! Well, not really, because we're colorful ponies, but you get the idea.
Sergeant shieldgenerator7

Postby shieldgenerator7 on Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:30 pm

but yeah I tend to ignore stickies in other threads, such as OT, which never used to have stickies, nr did GD, so I don't pay attention to those stickies very much
Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to defeat all evil. -Ephesians 6 KJV

everywhere116 wrote:You da man! Well, not really, because we're colorful ponies, but you get the idea.

Postby strike wolf on Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:53 pm

betiko wrote:
strike wolf wrote:
strike wolf wrote:
Rodion wrote:

we all thought you were watcher and feared you, so we went for you; but somehow thought it was weird cause you knew we always thought zero was a watcher and you played on that revealing your character. we would've NK trini otherwise that night if we knew you were just mason.

by the way, medefe and strike, do you mind revealing some night conversations you 2 had? who were your biggest suspects?

Yeah I was aware enough not to confirm or deny the wather part and let the mafia sweat it out.

As far as our convos some have been deleted since but I remember my suspicions from early on were:

Night 1: Betiko, Mob and someone else I don't remember.

Night 2: Epitaph, Jonty and Leitz mostly.

Night 3: Epitah and Pancakemix. I think my suspicions of Betiko were also starting to resurface but I don't really remember.

I also trusted Trini as he seemed to be working hard for town. I also trusted Mob after day 2 as I thought he had picked up on the soft claim without exposing me.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby safariguy5 on Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:07 pm

pancakemix wrote:
safariguy5 wrote:I've modded the last two official games, if someone wants to submit a setup for approval as a possible Official game to either me or Sully, that would be great.

Personal opinion: Make the submission/selection process more visible. Like have a thread where you announce that submissions are open and then (possibly) announce the selected mod and theme.

I don't think stickying hurt activity at all. I felt it was fairly active, at least during the time I was in it.

We could do that, but a lot of it comes down to demand, and since the first Official game, not very many mods have expressed interest in modding an Official game. We could definitely publicize it more, I could probably add something to the Newsletter or a promotional thing.
Captain safariguy5

Postby Rodion on Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:26 pm

That reminds me that TSL never gave medals to the survivors of Team CC Mafia, nor did he post the list of roles and night actions!
General Rodion

Postby shieldgenerator7 on Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:29 am

Congrats trini cardinal at getting MVP!

did your friend like his premium?

-SG7 ( :) )

Postby trinicardinal on Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:38 am

shieldgenerator7 wrote:Congrats trini cardinal at getting MVP!

did your friend like his premium?

-SG7 ( :) )

Thanks SG7 - and he was ecstatic. :lol:
10:16:35 ‹Ace Rimmer› haven't looked at work in ages
10:42:43 ‹Sackett58› fine, I'll take my panties elsewhere
Captain trinicardinal

Previous

Return to Mafia Archives