Conquer Club

CC Dispatch [Issue 67 15-03-12] A Symmetric Edition

All issues of the newsletter.

Moderator: Community Team

CC Dispatch [Issue 67 15-03-12] A Symmetric Edition

Postby Victor Sullivan on Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:46 pm

Welcome Comrades to the 67th edition of the Dispatch :)

Woo, doggie! It's good to be back! I hope you all thoroughly enjoyed your π Day; I know I certainly did ;)

So much to talk about! First, Conquer Club has finally put their partnership with SOS Africa into action! See that "Just Giving" widget on the left side of your screen? Well, Conquer Club is raising money to sponsor a child's education in Africa - a girl named Kelebogile! If and when the community donates a total of ₤600 (about $950 USD), we get a brand new Africa map! For more information, click here to view the announcement.

Second, the Cartography Assistants have issued a North America contest and the voting has started! With over 100 votes, Map 3 seems to be pulling well in front, but it is by no means all wrapped up! The CAs have also designed a special Round 2 judging process by them, AndyDufresne, and various Foundry regulars. Who do you think will win? Click here to cast your vote!

Third, it seems our dear Conqueror, Gen.LeeGettinhed, is getting a bit more than just that. Reports of "ranching" in the Cheating & Abuse forum have risen against the highest-scoring player. The webmaster himself, lackattack, openly agreed with the large majority of the community on the matter, saying,
lackattack wrote:I don't like it either when our Conqueror gets his points from cheap tactics. We just don't have a solution yet.
However, it has repeatedly been stated that ranching is not against the rules, due to the difficulty of enforcing it (i.e. where do you draw the line?). In the most recent report against Gen.LeeGettinhed, support administrator, king achilles, stated,
king achilles wrote:As for these Ranching reports, we are aware of this issue and we are also thinking of solutions in addressing this subject just so you know. And as what deathcomesrippin said, it still boils down to the fact that even though his tactics may be considered not of the "highest quality", they are still legal.

That's it for news from me for this issue. I think it's time for the segment you've all been waiting for for a couple issues now! To make up for the two we've missed, I'll be naming three Subscribers of the Issue! The first, for Issue 65, davidjmemmett! For Issue 66, nemrehs1! And for Issue 67, none other than Quirks Wife! Congrats to the lot of ya! In order to receive your GA medal, PM me the name of the Writer or Reporter whose articles you most enjoy reading (and why!).

And to all of you Subscribers who get this PM'd and don't read this in the CC Newsletter forum, I will now make the header a click-able link to the thread, so you can post comments, questions, suggestions - whatever! :)

Well, we've got a swell issue for you, from a double-dose of "Historical Perspectives" with DoomYoshi to an in-depth assessment of strategies regarding the infamous 'bonus monkey' (and how to not be one) with Viceroy63 to another great "Tournament Tips" by DaveH involving Microsoft Excel to new Foundry Reporter, Flapcake, and his first article about his map, Denmark, to the Clan Team's showing off their fancy new icons and banners, courtesy of DiM.

Enjoy the fruits of our laboring fingers!

Victor Sullivan
Chief Executive

P.S. I will throw valueless bonus points at whoever gets the pun in the title :mrgreen:

If you would like to apply to join the news team, please visit the thread below for more details! :)

Click here for Recruitment Details...

Hope everyone had a good Pi day. May the dice be with you on St. Patty's, especially if you're the green player. Anyways, we have another Hot Topics, DoomYoshi brings us further Civil War correspondence, and Symmetry talks about his favorite OT threads.

Enjoy!

safariguy5
Freestyle Executive

JD's Hot List by Jdsizzleslice
show

The Scum Insider by safariguy5
show

Historical Perspectives by DoomYoshi
show

show: Interrogation of Symmetry

Issue 67 is out and it looks like another two great articles from the Strategy Section for your consideration to make your games more enjoyable.

First we have Crazymilkshake5 with a cross analysis of Game principles and those of real life. And some where in between we even get a bit of a history lesson to boot. So be sure to read "CC in History" by Crazymilkshake5.

Then we have the first part of a three part article series about what is, and what is not a Bonus Monkey and when is it OK to conquer a bonus zone. "The Bonus Monkey is Your Friend, Leave Him for last Part 01" by Viceroy63, Promises to be an eye full.

We here at the Strategy Team are dedicated to serving you with thought provoking articles that make you go, "Hmmm," =) so if there is anything in particular that you, the reader, would like to see us working on or write about, in the way of strategy, Please feel free to let us know. Your opinions and comments are always welcomed and appreciated.

Viceroy63
Strategy Reporter

CC in History crazymilkshake5
show

The Bonus Monkey is your Friend; Leave him for last! Part 01 by Viceroy63
show

Hello again my friends, and welcome to your favorite part of the Newsletter, "War Games", where you can find information about CC Tournaments!

Well, after the gargantuan effort that we put into Issue 66, most of my team elected to take a break this time around, so this will be a brief edition of War Games. (Incidentally, it seems that not all subscribers received Issue 66. You can always go and read it in the forum version. Especially if you've been waiting to see our interviews with MudPuppy, greenoaks, or koontz1973, I suggest you check it out.)

The news in the Tournaments world right now are the pretty new tags in the Create/Join forum. I haven't gotten used to them yet, but most people are delighted with them.

Dukasaur
Tournament Executive

Primes Follow-Up Comments by Dukasaur
show

Tournament Tips by DaveH
show: Using an Excel Lookup Table

Join This? Or Not! by Dukasaur
show

TPA Wrap... kind of by Sensfan
show

Thank you one and all for your overwhelming support. It's no mean feat to get a hand :D And now I get two! Welcome please to Flapcake who debuts with his first article. He's no stranger to those of you who trawl through the Foundry proper, and he ain't half talented!! Welcome also to disco bandit. Looking forward to what he will produce, hopefully next issue - prod, prod ;) A word of appreciation too to koontz1973 for his unerring dedication!

Enough pleasantries, onto this issue. Flapcake discusses his map of Denmark and the process to this point. It's been a long road and Flapcake shares his experiences. Hopefully we'll all get to play that soon! koontz1973 is back with your favourite and mine the Foundry News and the informative What's Where. Did your own map, or your favourite map, make the cut this issue? Finally, I spotlight one of the prolific natty dread's latest offerings in War of Wizards – a study in gameplay development. It's a crucial point in development so get in there and have your word.

And completely from left field ... this from Star Trek: First Contact:
We are the Borg. Lower your shields and surrender your ships. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile!

thehippo8 -- Foundry Executive

My Map "Denmark" by Flapcake
show

Foundry News by koontz1973
show

What's where in the foundry by koontz1973
show

War of Wizards – a study in gameplay development by thehippo8
show

This issue in clans, we have some insight into the workings of the Clan Leaders Association as they revamp the Power Rankings, a brief look at whats coming in the semi's of the Newcomers Cup, and the spotlight on Division B as we start wrapping up Phase 1 of the Clan League.
We also unveil all our Clan Icons and Banners that couldn't fit into the last issue of the newsletter!

Remember to check out all the other Latest Wars and Competitions in the Active Challenges sub-forum.

Leehar
Clan Executive

Power Rankings Skillfusniper33
show

New-Comers Cup 2 Updates
show

Clan League 4
show

Clan Icons by DiM
show

Stay Tuned for the next issue of the ConquerClub Dispatch for an interrogation of amazzony. Post any questions you may have for them here --> Interrogation with amazzony

Submitting Your Own Articles

If you have a story you think the ConquerClub Community would find interesting, you can submit your articles to Victor Sullivan and you may just see your article published in the Newsletter!

Subscription

Did you enjoy this Issue? Have you subscribed to the Newsletter yet?

If you want each and every issue of the ConquerClub Dispatch delivered right into your Inbox, then Subscribe Here!

ConquerClub Dispatch Team

Corporal Victor Sullivan

Re: CC Dispatch [Issue 67 15-03-12] A Symmetric Edition

Postby natty dread on Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:00 am

Victor Sullivan wrote:Foundry News by koontz1973

hide
لا شيء, Нічога, 没什么, Semmi, Nič, Hiçbir şey, Nada, Dim, Kitu, Ei mitään, Nichts, גאָרנישט .
All words that mean nothing. So that must mean nothing has happened this week worth reporting.

Nothing happening? What about the first Revamp Contest in years???

Can we please get some foundry reporters who pay attention to things... ;)
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Postby koontz1973 on Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:44 am

natty dread wrote:
Victor Sullivan wrote:Foundry News by koontz1973

hide
لا شيء, Нічога, 没什么, Semmi, Nič, Hiçbir şey, Nada, Dim, Kitu, Ei mitään, Nichts, גאָרנישט .
All words that mean nothing. So that must mean nothing has happened this week worth reporting.

Nothing happening? What about the first Revamp Contest in years???

Can we please get some foundry reporters who pay attention to things... ;)

It was in the last issue, twice. The poll went up after this edition was finalised.

Can we get some readers who pay attention to things. ;)
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby Victor Sullivan on Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:31 am

I covered the contest in the intro anyhow ;)

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby trapyoung on Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:51 am

a symmetric

asymmetric

gimme those delicious points
Colonel trapyoung

Postby Victor Sullivan on Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:33 pm

Well, that's half of it! *Chucks 700,000 points at trapyoung*

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby thehippo8 on Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:18 am

metric my as(s)
Corporal 1st Class thehippo8

Postby Bruceswar on Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:01 am

Who is the only clan to be listed 2 times in the Clan Icons! KORT!!

P.S. Geese are social now and BSS is gone. A few of the new clans are missing. Nice Icons!!
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby Leehar on Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:53 am

Lol, We just wanted to make sure we got all the clan icons to uplift our coverage of the Clan League, if any of the clans we missed out on are willing to send their images in to me or DiM, we'll be sure to include them in style ;)

Kort's doublet is due to us experimenting with them to get the right shading, so I'm not sure being the guinea pig's is such a joyous accomplishment :P
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby Aradhus on Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:39 pm

I lost 50 bucks today betting on a horse called Asymmetrical. It came fifth.Thanks for losing me money. :evil:

Also, I'm dissatisfied with some of the answers to my Interrogation questions. I will be chasing you down every time you enter an airport, depart a plane, get in and out of a car. Every function you go to, every public bathroom you use. My readers demand the truth. And I get it for them, because I'm the best.
Major Aradhus

Return to Newsletter Issues