Conquer Club

"Invade Game" Option

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

"Invade Game" Option

Postby everywhere116 on Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:07 pm

Concise description:
The ability to expand into alternate games if you find that yours has been bogged down.

Specifics/Details:
Once per game, if a player feels that his own game has bogged down and has extra troops but cannot expand, he may choose to invade the territory of another game from one of his territories, kind of like invading a parallel universe. Once this player defeats the armies of the same territory of the other game, he moves his attacking troops into the defending territory as normal. Once this occurs, his name is added to the player list of the second game and his troops may play as if he were a member of the game at the start. Both territories are considered to be adjacent until the invading player loses control of either territory. There are some rules and restrictions to this:

-A player may only invade another game that has the same number of players, map, turn-taking settings (freestyle or sequential), team status. (doubles, triples, etc.), and is at the same round or higher as the players home game.
-Concluded games cannot be invaded into or out of.
-A player may only invade from a public game to another public game.
-The invading player takes his turn on both maps at the same time, determined by when he takes his turn in his home game.
-The invading player cannot launch an invasion from a territory that boarders an enemy territory on his home board (neutrals are fine.)
-The invading player may not place reinforcements directly on the invaded board, but can reinforce his position through the territory that the invasion began from. All territories and continents held on either board count when determining reinforcements for the invading player.
-The invading player plays by the fog, reinforcement, and card rules of the host board when playing on that board, although he only keeps one set of cards, and can only gain one card per turn regardless of where the territory was taken from.
-If the original territory that the invader captures at the beginning of the invasion is taken, the link is broken and the player may no longer reinforce into the host board. The armies still on the board may still operate and possibly win the game for the invading player, although they lack a method for reinforcement.
-If the invading player manages eliminate every player on the host board, he or she wins half of the amount of points he would win from each player had he been there from the beginning. If the invading player is eliminated from the host board, he loses half the amount he would normally lose once the game on the host board has concluded.
-Each player may launch a cross-game invasion only once, and each game can only be invaded by one player and out of by one player at any time. (It is possible for a player to contend with an invading player on his home board while launching an invasion on another board.)

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
Creating a release valve to loosen up bogged down games.
Help create a closer atmosphere and remove the walls of isolation between players.
Allow players to recreate the Oblivion Crisis. Doubly so if done on the Tamriel map.
"Disease, suffering, hardship...that is what war is all about."-Captain Kirk, from "A Taste of Armageddon"
Corporal everywhere116

Re: "Invade Game" Option

Postby TheGeneral2112 on Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:12 pm

everywhere116 wrote:Concise description:
The ability to expand into alternate games if you find that yours has been bogged down.

Specifics/Details:
Once per game, if a player feels that his own game has bogged down and has extra troops but cannot expand, he may choose to invade the territory of another game from one of his territories, kind of like invading a parallel universe. Once this player defeats the armies of the same territory of the other game, he moves his attacking troops into the defending territory as normal. Once this occurs, his name is added to the player list of the second game and his troops may play as if he were a member of the game at the start. Both territories are considered to be adjacent until the invading player loses control of either territory. There are some rules and restrictions to this:

-A player may only invade another game that has the same number of players, map, turn-taking settings (freestyle or sequential), team status. (doubles, triples, etc.), and is at the same round or higher as the players home game.
-Concluded games cannot be invaded into or out of.
-A player may only invade from a public game to another public game.
-The invading player takes his turn on both maps at the same time, determined by when he takes his turn in his home game.
-The invading player cannot launch an invasion from a territory that boarders an enemy territory on his home board (neutrals are fine.)
-The invading player may not place reinforcements directly on the invaded board, but can reinforce his position through the territory that the invasion began from. All territories and continents held on either board count when determining reinforcements for the invading player.
-The invading player plays by the fog, reinforcement, and card rules of the host board when playing on that board, although he only keeps one set of cards, and can only gain one card per turn regardless of where the territory was taken from.
-If the original territory that the invader captures at the beginning of the invasion is taken, the link is broken and the player may no longer reinforce into the host board. The armies still on the board may still operate and possibly win the game for the invading player, although they lack a method for reinforcement.
-If the invading player manages eliminate every player on the host board, he or she wins half of the amount of points he would win from each player had he been there from the beginning. If the invading player is eliminated from the host board, he loses half the amount he would normally lose once the game on the host board has concluded.
-Each player may launch a cross-game invasion only once, and each game can only be invaded by one player and out of by one player at any time. (It is possible for a player to contend with an invading player on his home board while launching an invasion on another board.)

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
Creating a release valve to loosen up bogged down games.
Help create a closer atmosphere and remove the walls of isolation between players.
Allow players to recreate the Oblivion Crisis. Doubly so if done on the Tamriel map.

So I could set up a game with 7 of my friends, we can all divide the bonuses equally, then stack on one territory, and each invade the same game with 8 existing players... Just for fun... For a game of 16 players, where 8 of the players are actually allies attempting to f*ck up someone's game. No thanks.
Lieutenant TheGeneral2112

Postby everywhere116 on Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:35 pm

That's why the rule that only one person can invade out of any one game is in place.
"Disease, suffering, hardship...that is what war is all about."-Captain Kirk, from "A Taste of Armageddon"
Corporal everywhere116

Postby DoomYoshi on Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:56 pm

It is such an epic suggestion, that I like it, just for it's sheer creativity. However, I doubt you will find much support for it.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby Forza AZ on Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:45 am

If this would be implemented, then there should be a choise at the start of a game that you want this.
Or else someone could just invade your game which you have worked on hard to get a winning position and take all that hard work down. It is impossible to take into consideration all games that could invade yours for each turn you take.

But I think it shouldn't be implemented at all. It sounds absurd.
Highest score: 3130 (9 July 2009)
Colonel Forza AZ

Postby natty dread on Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:06 am

No offense, but this is the stupidest suggestion I've ever heard.

Creativity does not equal quality.
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Postby Criticalwinner on Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:25 am

Utterly retarded. I would think of reasons and type them, but that would be a waste of time.
Sergeant 1st Class Criticalwinner

Postby Ickyketseddie on Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:26 am

No thank you.
Captain Ickyketseddie

Postby WILLIAMS5232 on Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:10 am

i'm against this
Major WILLIAMS5232

Postby JBlombier on Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:57 am

The OP seems to have put some time and effort into this, so I'm surprised he didn't notice the downside of this suggestion. The downside is quite severe if you ask me and probably 99% of the people.
Colonel JBlombier

Postby Chewie1 on Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:46 am

JBlombier wrote:The OP seems to have put some time and effort into this, so I'm surprised he didn't notice the downside of this suggestion. The downside is quite severe if you ask me and probably 99% of the people.

OP probably took place while being bogged down in a game ;)

Crazy Idea... thumbs down
Captain Chewie1

Postby trinicardinal on Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:56 am

I'll give credit for a very original idea but i do not think this will be an option that would be very popular. While this is interesting I would not like to play this option.
10:16:35 ‹Ace Rimmer› haven't looked at work in ages
10:42:43 ‹Sackett58› fine, I'll take my panties elsewhere
Captain trinicardinal

Postby greenoaks on Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:52 am

all invading armies would come from City Mogul where all troops awarded are x10 or stalemated Escalating games
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby Extreme Ways on Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:11 am

greenoaks wrote:all invading armies would come from City Mogul where all troops awarded are x10 or stalemated Escalating games

Yup, being in a stalemate and invade some other game with 20000 troops just to get atleast some troops.
TOFU, ex-REP, ex-VDLL, ex-KoRT.
General Extreme Ways

Postby Butters1919 on Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:25 am

natty dread wrote:No offense, but this is the stupidest suggestion I've ever heard.

Creativity does not equal quality.

agreed.
Cook Butters1919

Postby Forza AZ on Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:07 am

greenoaks wrote:all invading armies would come from City Mogul where all troops awarded are x10 or stalemated Escalating games

His idea was that you could only invade games on the same map and at about the same stage, so if you would invade from a stalemated Escalating game you could only invade another stalemated Escalating game, not a game that just started or on a much smaller map.

But I still don't like the idea, since it would mess up all games, since it is impossible to make a tactic for this since you can't take into account all games where an invasion could come from.
Highest score: 3130 (9 July 2009)
Colonel Forza AZ

Postby Kaskavel on Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:33 am

Very bad idea. But... It would be extremely fun if we could play a specific tournament with such a version. Imagine all the fun, it would obtain its own strategy. Nevertheless, I doubt that this fun deserves the work that has to be done...it is not a simple task to create this variation.
Colonel Kaskavel

Postby MeDeFe on Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:48 am

Kaskavel wrote:Very bad idea. But... It would be extremely fun if we could play a specific tournament with such a version. Imagine all the fun, it would obtain its own strategy. Nevertheless, I doubt that this fun deserves the work that has to be done...it is not a simple task to create this variation.

Yeah, it would definitely have to take place in a "closed ecosystem" so to speak, if any and every game was open to such an invasion it would change the way the entire game is played. Even in a closed ecosystem it would mean rampant farming. Set up an escalating game with 7 friends and start invading other games from that one. If you move in with the aforementioned 20k troops you're pretty much unstoppable in a stalled flat rate or no cards game
saxitoxin wrote:Your position is more complex than the federal tax code. As soon as I think I understand it, I find another index of cross-references, exceptions and amendments I have to apply.
Timminz wrote:Yo mama is so classless, she could be a Marxist utopia.
Major MeDeFe

Location: Follow the trail of holes in other people's arguments.

Postby cookie0117 on Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:17 am

If there was a specific map made for it, with the option to invade or "teleport" to other maps, then it would be amazing. Carnage obviously and a proper head f*ck to work out what was happening.

It would take so much work to set up and iron out, that you would need to give up your job and dedicate your life to it!!
Private cookie0117

Return to Archived Suggestions