Conquer Club

[CC3] - 3rd Annual Conqueror's Cup! -- TOFU wins!

Finished challenges between two competitive clans.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [CC3] Third Annual Conqueror's Cup!- Moved 2 Main Clan F

Postby Chuuuuck on Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:07 am

Dako wrote:Giving 2 byes doesn't seem fair to me.

Also, we can consider making 2 separate cups if we are stressed in numbers. Lets say top 20 clans in 1st cup (last 8 clans battle for 4 last places) and another cup with all the rest. It will make the cup shorter, it will also help lesser clans to actually win any challenges and move up the ladder. So if somebody around #15-20 clans loses in the first round - they might be overrun by clans from the second cup. And then those clan will be able to participate in CCup-1 next time.

What do you think?

I haven't read all posts yet, I wanted to stop here to comment.

Starting the Conqueror's Cup, the overall goal was to never split it. The league has always split and everyone complained a new good clan didn't get a chance. I vowed the Cup would always give the "little guy" the chance to play one of the elite and prove their worth and move on just as much as anyone else.
Captain Chuuuuck

Postby Chuuuuck on Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:24 am

Ok guys, I have read everything. The overall system is going to stay the way it is. That will never change. That is what makes this tournament so great and appeal to others. I have thought about limiting clans, it seems everyone is against it. I agree with that logic. We will not limit clans after everyone passes the 2 completed clan war rule by the end of sign ups.

I will start editing first post and setting it up today or tomorrow. But for now, sign ups are starting now and will conclude at the end of March (before midnight on April 1). This gives everyone close to 2 weeks to decide to participate.

Time is an important factor to keep this moving. I am guessing we will start the first round in mid-April. We will know more once we get an idea of who is signing up. But if there is a play in round, it will somehow be reduced in time compared to the other wars because the entire tournament is held up by the play-in games. Either they will be 20 game wars, or possibly 40 game wars with only 1 week in between the 2 rounds of 20 (or maybe even start all 40 games at once). I know the clans at this level typically have players who play a lot more games so this might be reasonable. Regardless, we need to make a decision that gets that rounds moving and quickly over.

Now, are there any other rules from CC2 that anyone would like to discuss? Like I said, I will start getting a list of rules up today/tomorrow. For the most part though, I intend it to look similar to CC2 unless we discuss it here first.
Last edited by Chuuuuck on Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Captain Chuuuuck

Postby Bruceswar on Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:47 am

KORT is talking over it now. Put is as a maybe. (I am sure we will be in, but gotta talk with the clan mates.)
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby slickstick on Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:02 am

TLW are in!!!!
Sergeant 1st Class slickstick

Postby Rodion on Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:22 am

Draw a bracket of 64 clans. Seed all clans. The bracket is obviously not going to fill, but then you'll know which teams get a bye (#1 gets a bye because there is no #64, #2 because there is no #63, #3 because of no #62 ...) and which ones don't (#32 vs. #33, #31 vs. #34, #30 vs. #35 ...).

"Extra" byes should not be needed because, let's face it, #1 vs. #32 is hardly a real challenge (same goes for any round of 32 game featuring a top 8 clan or so), so those clans that routinely reach the top 4 are scheduled to get easy matchups that should not be exhausting by default.
General Rodion

Postby scottp on Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:40 am

++The Legion++ is in.

scottp will be primary contact for CC3, chemefreak as backup
Account sitters = MagnusGreeol, concrete, RKCVED
Major scottp

Postby VioIet on Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:50 am

Risk Attackers (RA) is in.

I am the primary contact.
Bruceswar: I have big news coming out soonish
Violet: oh, what big news?
Bruceswar: I am leaving KORT to go to RA

Private 1st Class VioIet

Postby Keefie on Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:15 am

The Headless Horsemen are in.

Primary contact Keefie
Secondary contact joeaggie98
Click image to enlarge.
Major Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby MudPuppy on Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:41 am

Imperial Dragoons are in, please.

Primary Contact: 4 U 2 NV
Secondary Contact: MudPuppy
Last edited by MudPuppy on Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Colonel MudPuppy

Postby Chuuuuck on Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:27 am

The OP has been updated with the rules for this year (very similar to last year). I will update the third post shortly with the clans that have signed up. Looking forward to another great tournament with lots of exciting finishes.
Captain Chuuuuck

Postby benga on Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:18 am

One Step Ahead - benga

Glad you took firm hand, rather then let this discuss into oblivion ;)

Hopefully we will be part of this longer then last year. :lol:
Sergeant benga

Postby Chuuuuck on Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:22 am

benga wrote:
Glad you took firm hand, rather then let this discuss into oblivion ;)

I always do Benga. I try to value everyone's opinion and then make a strong decision that is the best for everyone and try to exclude my preferences as much as possible.

When starting this tournament. I recognized that was one major benefit I had over the rest of CLA. We had the ability to actually get things done and move forward because we didn't have to keep discussing things until everyone was pleased.
Captain Chuuuuck

Postby Chuuuuck on Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:10 pm

Third post updated. We quickly have 6 clans signed up. I hope to see this number go up very quickly so everyone has a better idea of what the final number will look like.
Captain Chuuuuck

Postby Qwert on Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:33 pm

Clan wars in the round of 16 and the quarter finals of the Conqueror's Cup will use the following format:

- 61 total games
- 20 doubles
- 20 triples
- 20 quads
- Each clan member can only participate in 20 games per clan war
- Each clan will pick the map and settings for exactly half of the games.
- The 61st game will be Quads on World 2.1, sunny, chained, no spoils
- Each map can only be used twice per clan per clan war but can only be used once per game type (i.e. once for triples and once for quads)
- There will be no freestyle, speed, manual deployments, beta maps, or nuclear spoils games allowed

------------------------------------------------------
dont get me wrong,but if you have 32 clans,these mean that next round will be 61 clan war match?
I think that you need to start with quarterfinals,and put that round of 16 been 41 clan war chalenge.
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Chuuuuck on Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:39 pm

qwert wrote:Clan wars in the round of 16 and the quarter finals of the Conqueror's Cup will use the following format:

- 61 total games
- 20 doubles
- 20 triples
- 20 quads
- Each clan member can only participate in 20 games per clan war
- Each clan will pick the map and settings for exactly half of the games.
- The 61st game will be Quads on World 2.1, sunny, chained, no spoils
- Each map can only be used twice per clan per clan war but can only be used once per game type (i.e. once for triples and once for quads)
- There will be no freestyle, speed, manual deployments, beta maps, or nuclear spoils games allowed

------------------------------------------------------
dont get me wrong,but if you have 32 clans,these mean that next round will be 61 clan war match?
I think that you need to start with quarterfinals,and put that round of 16 been 41 clan war chalenge.

That is how it was last year. I debated this in my own head. But as someone previously pointed out, the gap between 10-20 is much smaller than what it was last year.

Last year I had them play 41 because there was no way the clans from the 12-16 range were going to make close runs with 1-4 (or so it was presumed). This year I think it is more reasonable that there could be some close matches, so I would hate to see a lucky swing based off a small sample of 41 games.

I think the difference between the top clans and the 2nd tier clans (in the teens) last year, is about the same as the top clans compared to the third teir clans now (in the 20s). But I think the 2nd tier clans are more capable of playing close matches. This is what pushed me towards a larger round of 16 game.
Captain Chuuuuck

Postby Chuuuuck on Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:15 pm

2nd post updated with how the bracket will work for a 35 clan tournament. Obviously play in games will be adjusted for more or less. If more, then the next lowest ranked clans in order (i.e. 29, 28, 27 etc.) will have play in games against the lower ranked teams in order going up (i.e.36, 37, 38 etc.) for the right to play the lower ranked teams they are currently matched against (i.e. 4, 5, 6 etc.).

Does just looking at a bracket like that not get you all excited? I think it clearly shows it is ANYONE'S tournament to win. It gets me pumped up!
Captain Chuuuuck

Postby MudPuppy on Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:28 pm

MudPuppy wrote:Imperial Dragoons are in, please.

Primary Contact: 4 U 2 NV

Chuuuuck, you can put me down as secondary contact, please.
Colonel MudPuppy

Postby Chuuuuck on Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:32 pm

Got it
Captain Chuuuuck

Postby Teflon Kris on Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:40 pm

Brethren of the Fat Mermaid would like in.

Myself and M.K.C88-90 will be contacts
Sergeant 1st Class Teflon Kris

Postby cookie0117 on Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:23 pm

SOH, will be in. If we show up on the f-400!!

Contacts
Primary: Cookie0117
Secondary: PereiroSaus
Private cookie0117

Postby WPBRJ on Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:36 pm

cookie0117 wrote:SOH, will be in. If we show up on the f-400!!

Contacts
Primary: Cookie0117
Secondary: PereiroSaus

showing up on the f-400 is not a qualification to join
Lieutenant WPBRJ

Postby josko.ri on Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:20 pm

Giving my opinion about what can be done better:

"- Each map can only be used twice per clan per clan war but can only be used once per game type (i.e. once for triples and once for quads)"
This rule was used in CC1 and CC2 when number of maps were much lower than today. To show depth and overall skills of each clan, I suggest to make it that each clan can use any map only once. 61 maps to use is less than one of a third of all available maps, so there should not be problem to choose it, and we would get better indicator about every clan's overall skills.
Note: This opinion actually goes against my own clan, because we are the ones who often used a lot of map twice, but I really think this is good suggestion for clan world

"We will be playing with a "Cup Tied" rule, meaning once a player plays with any clan, they are tied to that clan and only that clan for the rest of the Cup."
I see that this rule stayed the same like in CC2, even with CC2 mid-discussion where it was concluded that the rule was not good and should be different. I just think better be 100% safe which kind of rule we wish regarding this right now, than discuss about it in the middle of the tournament, like we did in CC2.
Major josko.ri

Postby WPBRJ on Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:46 pm

josko.ri wrote:Giving my opinion about what can be done better:

"- Each map can only be used twice per clan per clan war but can only be used once per game type (i.e. once for triples and once for quads)"
This rule was used in CC1 and CC2 when number of maps were much lower than today. To show depth and overall skills of each clan, I suggest to make it that each clan can use any map only once. 61 maps to use is less than one of a third of all available maps, so there should not be problem to choose it, and we would get better indicator about every clan's overall skills.
Note: This opinion actually goes against my own clan, because we are the ones who often used a lot of map twice, but I really think this is good suggestion for clan world

i really like this and agree 100%

it inst 61 it would actually be 30 maps per clan if there is a clan out there that can not come up with 30 maps maybe they should think about going social
Lieutenant WPBRJ

Postby Chuuuuck on Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:57 pm

josko.ri wrote:Giving my opinion about what can be done better:

"We will be playing with a "Cup Tied" rule, meaning once a player plays with any clan, they are tied to that clan and only that clan for the rest of the Cup."
I see that this rule stayed the same like in CC2, even with CC2 mid-discussion where it was concluded that the rule was not good and should be different. I just think better be 100% safe which kind of rule we wish regarding this right now, than discuss about it in the middle of the tournament, like we did in CC2.

I'd like to hear others opinions. Personally, I am leaning towards not changing the map rule. I see it going the other way as well. If you find a weakness of a clan, sometimes it is best to throw it at them twice.

I really have no opinion on cup tied. It is a long event. Things happen, people switch, or people quit the site. I just don't see players hopping around to be in the action being a major problem.
Captain Chuuuuck

Postby Rodion on Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:59 pm

I like the Cup Tied rule. It can avoid major shenanigans such as clans "merging" just so eliminated players can have a 2nd shot.
General Rodion

PreviousNext

Return to Complete Challenges