Conquer Club

To all SoC Students. [Updated and partly not relavent]

The SoC Training Academy and its Training Grounds provide basic training for new and old members looking to enhance their game strategy. "Train a Cook today, lose to a Sergeant tomorrow"

Moderator: Academy Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

To all SoC Students. [Updated and partly not relavent]

Postby Viceroy63 on Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:08 pm

Update:
As of July 23, I am no longer a reporter or have any association with the Newsletter. This makes the following post about submitting games to me to post in the Newsletter, not relevant.

Hello to all students:

In case you do not know, I am an SoC Reporter.

If you are about to win a game or think that you are in a few more rounds, then I would like to do a story on your victory for the Newsletter. Either myself or another Newsletter reporter would interview you. Just let me know by way of PM.

If you can take photos of your game, Prior to winning of course, then that would be great to post the photos of your game before the "Fireworks" begin. Before you win the game. Below is the process of how to take a photo of your game in case you did not know.

I myself only learned how to take photos, otherwise known as screenshots, recently so I can not assume that everyone knows this. Taking photos of your game is really easy and would greatly enhance your story/interview!

How To Save Screen Shots Of Your Games.

01) First select the size on the screen that you want your photo to be. Each browser is different so you have to figure out how to enlarge or make smaller the screen. You want to go small but not too small. Holding the "Control" plus the "-" buttons at the same time, should reduce the size of your screen image.

02) Once you have the desired size, which should be smaller then the regular Screen size, you hit the, "Prt/Scr" Button. Sometimes, the very first time that you use this button, you may also have to hold down the "Control" Button. Otherwise it wont work.

03) Now you go directly to your Paint program. Every computer should have some kind of a paint or drawing program. You then Paste the photo onto your paint program using the "Control" and "V" buttons together. Hold down "control" first and then Hit the "V" button. It's the same as right clicking and "Pasting."

04) Every paint program comes with a "Crop" button. You select the area of the screen photo that you want to crop or to keep and hit crop. On some paint programs you may have to hit "Crop" first and then crop the area you want, and then Hit Crop again. On mines it's like that.

05) After you have selected and cropped your photo you then save it and give it a name. I usually pick the name of the first or second player in the game, and of course the number of the game. For Example: "Viceroy63 12347889 Round 01 Red to play"

I would naturally be the Red Player then. Or if you are the Red Player then choose the name of the Green Player. But always include the round number and which color plays. That is very important. I also take a photo of the Statistics Board only I call it the Score Board. It should then look like this, "Viceroy63 12347889 Round 01 Red to play Score Board."

Once you have saved the photo, It should appear in your photos section of your Computer. If you want to post your photos online then you need a photo bucket account. When you log on to Photo bucket you just select the photo of the game and upload that or those photos.

That's how you get a code for your photo to post online. You can also post your photos onto this thread once you get the Img. code but be sure not to include what your spoils are. Remember to crop out the "spoils" and to include the Game Number in the photo. Then you PM me and let me know. :D

Always create a file folder for each game to keep it all organized and for easy reference for when you want to find the photo in the future. Give that file folder in photo bucket the same name as your photo only with out the "rounds 01 Red to Play." You don't have to put the rounds because all of those photos will go into the same folder and they will automatically be given that information at Photo bucket.

With a little practice you'll get the hang of it in no time. If you have any questions, Just let me know. Or better yet, Any Question would best be posted right here on this Thread. It is my pleasure to serve You, my CC community of friends; And I am grateful for the opportunity to do so.

Because there may or may not, be a great number of potential interviews we may be forced to be somewhat selective in the candidates for an interview. Also a photo of your game prior to winning, would increase your chances for an interview. So if you are not selected this time, just keep sending in your recent game win photos as I would like to cover a different winner or winners every issue. Hope to hear from you soon and again and again and again....
Last edited by Viceroy63 on Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:30 pm, edited 8 times in total.
An Unproven Hypothesis; The Rise of Ignorance.
Ultimate Proof of Creation. Click the show tab below.
show
Major Viceroy63

Location: A little back water, hill billy hick place called Earth.

Re: To all SoC Students; Please read this.

Postby macbone on Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:54 am

Some interviews sounds like an awesome idea. Maybe a round-table discussion with some new students, or recent grads? Or maybe get dhallmeyer, IB, or some of the other teachers in a room and have some strategery gum-flapping?
Colonel macbone

Postby Viceroy63 on Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:46 am

macbone wrote:Some interviews sounds like an awesome idea. Maybe a round-table discussion with some new students, or recent grads? Or maybe get dhallmeyer, IB, or some of the other teachers in a room and have some strategery gum-flapping?

That sounds like a really good idea. But I can only contact Training Field 02 Students personally. I only know those of other classes as I play them. But I guess that I could start out with My Class and or the instructors and see what develops from that. Or perhaps just the instructors first.

Also, I could just put a list of recent victories, if only I know who they were? It would be too much work to go through all the games and I can only go through those of my class. I don't think that I want to look up old victories but recent ones.

Thanks Macbone. It looks like I have a mission now.

And remember all; Good ideas can come from anyone. Sometime we have an idea and when we post it some one else comes and improves on it. You may not think that your idea is a good idea but it could lead to one. So if you have any ideas at all, please post it it here.

Thank You!
show
Major Viceroy63

Postby lilrvrgrl on Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:26 pm

macbone wrote:Some interviews sounds like an awesome idea. Maybe a round-table discussion with some new students, or recent grads? Or maybe get dhallmeyer, IB, or some of the other teachers in a room and have some strategery gum-flapping?

Yes, I like this idea too. :) =D>
Sergeant 1st Class lilrvrgrl
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Viceroy63 on Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:20 pm

Macbone; Perhaps we could work on a special announcement that we could somehow get approved and placed as a stickied in every Training Field. The announcement could direct the students who win to this thread or to PM me. And those who are about to graduate as well.

As you know, I can only enter T.F. 02.

I have also been trying with the game finder but I could be doing something wrong because I keep getting an Error message? I try searching for, "SoC Training Grounds Basic Terminator" but no luck so far. Maybe some one who knows about this could help me figure it out or provide me with a direct link to all SoC games?
show
Major Viceroy63

Postby General Roy on Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:48 am

Just a question:
01) First select the size on the screen that you want your photo to be. Each browser is different so you have to figure out how to enlarge or make smaller the screen. You want to go small but not too small. I use Firefox and only click 2 times on the "Minus" button to get my desire perfect size.

Where is the Minus button in Firefox? I can't find it on my screen, so it's a little difficult to click it with my mouse.

Roy
Atom1: I've lost my electrons! Atom2: Are you sure? Atom1: Yes I'm positive
TODAY IS THE OLDEST YOU'VE EVER BEEN, YET THE YOUNGEST YOU'LL EVER BE, SO ENJOY THIS DAY WHILE IT LASTS.
Lieutenant General Roy

Postby Viceroy63 on Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:16 pm

OK; Sorry about the confusion. You don't hit it with your mouse/cursor. It's on the Keyboard itself. I only now realize that this also works with the Explorer Browser as well.

On my keyboard it is located with the numbers that run across the top. The number with all the different symbols. I forgot to say that you have to hold the "Control" button down as well.

If you hold down the "Control" button and then hit the "0" (Zero) this brings your screen to normal size. Then go one button to the right and that is the "Minus" Button. Click that one twice to get the ideal size for your screen shot. Smaller than that and it is hard to see some of the details.

Also be sure that the map is the normal size on the game site. There is a map size button on the CC game itself to the right and on top. Make sure that the map size is normal to begin with.
show
Major Viceroy63

Postby General Roy on Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:35 pm

Viceroy63 wrote:OK; Sorry about the confusion. You don't hit it with your mouse/cursor. It's on the Keyboard itself. I only now realize that this also works with the Explorer Browser as well.

Isn't it a little unusual to click a key on the keyboard? Because that's what you in actual fact said. I would suggest you edit your instructions a little to avoid confusion ;-)
Atom1: I've lost my electrons! Atom2: Are you sure? Atom1: Yes I'm positive
TODAY IS THE OLDEST YOU'VE EVER BEEN, YET THE YOUNGEST YOU'LL EVER BE, SO ENJOY THIS DAY WHILE IT LASTS.
Lieutenant General Roy

Postby Viceroy63 on Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:37 pm

General Roy wrote:
Viceroy63 wrote:OK; Sorry about the confusion. You don't hit it with your mouse/cursor. It's on the Keyboard itself. I only now realize that this also works with the Explorer Browser as well.

Isn't it a little unusual to click a key on the keyboard? Because that's what you in actual fact said. I would suggest you edit your instructions a little to avoid confusion ;-)

Thank You Roy, for pointing that out. Error corrected and future confusion avoid. :D

If there were a prize for proof reading my errors I would give it to you! :lol:

But for now all I can offer is my gratitude. Good looking out. Thanks. =)

Now my question to you is, did the instructions work work for you?
Did you copy a screen shot onto your Pictures?
show
Major Viceroy63

Postby Viceroy63 on Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:37 pm

Hi to all:

If you do not subscribe to the CC Newsletter then you should. I will be posting the names of the "Current Winners" every two weeks starting on the 11th of April edition of the CC Newsletter. Your name may just be on the list.

Only SoC students will be recognized in the CC Newsletter. Sorry, no Instructors or non SoC students just playing in the game. If you want to see your name on the list and are not an SoC student then please, do join an SoC Training Field/Class Room.

And don't forget to subscribe to the Conquer Club Newsletter or just check it out to see if you made the list of winners for that issue.

Good Luck!
show
Major Viceroy63

Postby cottoncooking on Thu May 17, 2012 3:09 am

Now you go directly to your Paint program. Every computer should have some kind of a paint or drawing program. You then Paste the photo onto your paint program using the "Control" and "V" buttons together. Hold down "control" first and then Hit the "V" button. It's the same as right clicking and "Pasting."

Every paint program comes with a "Crop" button. You select the area of the screen photo that you want to crop or to keep and hit crop. On some paint programs you may have to hit "Crop" first and then crop the area you want, and then Hit Crop again. On mines it's like that.
New Recruit cottoncooking

Postby x-raider on Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:02 am

`bump`

If you're using windows vista or windows 7 there's a program you can use to make it much simpler.
It's called snipping tool. I've been using it since I started out here.
It can be found in "All Programs > Accessories > Snipping Tool"
If you can't figure out how to use it this might help: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/Use-Snipping-Tool-to-capture-screen-shots
Corporal 1st Class x-raider

Location: Lost in the Complexities of the Undiscovered Universe

Postby Viceroy63 on Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:53 am

x-raider wrote:`bump`

If you're using windows vista or windows 7 there's a program you can use to make it much simpler.
It's called snipping tool. I've been using it since I started out here.
It can be found in "All Programs > Accessories > Snipping Tool"
If you can't figure out how to use it this might help: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/Use-Snipping-Tool-to-capture-screen-shots

Thank You! I did not know that. I will look into that right away.

OK; I am back from that url. So that is cool because I can then bypass the step of opening up my paint program all together and save the photo directly to my photos. Thanks. Got to try that.

Also I just added BOB (Battle Observation Briefing) from Firefox, and it also takes photos and saves them right in the Game Chat box. It's really cool as I don't even have to save them in my computer even until I need them. And now I can just snip them photos, right from the screen itself. Very cool.

June 12, 2012 Update:
The snip tool is great as I don't have to use my paint to save screen shots. But for some reasons the color on the numbers and the circles do not come out. all other colors do but not those. So I still end up using my paint because I want the full color effect on my game map photos.
-End Update.
show
Major Viceroy63

Return to SoC Training Grounds