Dust Bowl [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderators: Cartographers, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Do you want to have the map changed so Dust territories are given out evenly?

Yes
70%
No
30%

Total votes : 50

Re: Dust Bowl [Quenched]

Postby chapcrap on Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:49 am

Can the XML be changed on this to have equal amounts of starting territories in the decaying zone?

It just makes sense. It would make games more fair and probably get more people to play the map.
Major chapcrap
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Medals: 167
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (31)
General Achievement (16) Clan Achievement (16) Training Achievement (6) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (34)

Postby chapcrap on Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:30 pm

chapcrap wrote:Can the XML be changed on this to have equal amounts of starting territories in the decaying zone?

It just makes sense. It would make games more fair and probably get more people to play the map.

Was this a stupid question?
Major chapcrap
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (31)
General Achievement (16) Clan Achievement (16) Training Achievement (6) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (34)

Postby natty dread on Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:45 pm

You'd have to ask RjBeals about that.
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Medals: 49
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (12) Map Contribution (12) General Contribution (7)

Postby RjBeals on Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:53 pm

I'm not changing it, but I don't care if someone else wants to.
Private RjBeals

Medals: 21
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
General Achievement (7) Map Contribution (6) General Contribution (2)

Postby Jatekos on Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:15 pm

chapcrap wrote:Can the XML be changed on this to have equal amounts of starting territories in the decaying zone?

That would be great.

Decreasing the number of starting regions in 1 v 1 games would make the games even more balanced, in my opinion. Currently both players get 12 regions.
Major Jatekos

Medals: 20
Standard Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (4)

Postby chapcrap on Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:36 pm

RjBeals wrote:I'm not changing it, but I don't care if someone else wants to.

Thanks Rj! Let's get the XML out and start editing!
Major chapcrap
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby chapcrap on Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:08 pm

Now that Rj said he doesn't mind changes, can I just work with the XML myself? Does someone else need to?
Major chapcrap
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby RjBeals on Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:55 pm

you can do it if you know how.
Private RjBeals

Medals: 21
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
General Achievement (7) Map Contribution (6) General Contribution (2)

Re:

Postby chapcrap on Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:07 pm

Well, the lastest version of the xml in this thread that I can find is about 6 pages ago. There is nothing in the first post for the XML. Can one of the Foundry mods take a look at this? Give me the XML and I will work on a proposed change to make the map even. Everyone can see that the starting positions need to be changed.
Major chapcrap
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby DiM on Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:13 pm

here you go. this is the current version
Attachments
Dust_Bowl.xml
(13.29 KiB) Downloaded 96 times
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (10)
Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (3)

Postby chapcrap on Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:14 pm

I've been trying to work on the XML for this, but I've not done it before and I'm a little slow...

Anyone who wants to offer lessons, I'm a quick learner and good worker. :)
Major chapcrap
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby chapcrap on Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:22 pm

chapcrap wrote:I've been trying to work on the XML for this, but I've not done it before and I'm a little slow...

Anyway...

the drop on this really needs fixed so that one person/team doesn't get all of the decaying neutrals.
Major chapcrap
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby MrBenn on Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:25 pm

chapcrap wrote:
chapcrap wrote:I've been trying to work on the XML for this, but I've not done it before and I'm a little slow...

Anyway...

the drop on this really needs fixed so that one person/team doesn't get all of the decaying neutrals.

The dust/decay territories should be lumped into starting positions (each terr in a different starting position). If the underlying territories are then coded as neutral starts the dust terrs will be handed out equally. However, this will change the total deployment as the remaining 24 terrs will be divided up equally among players. This will change the number of terrs each as follows:

2p - 6 dust, 8 normal = 14 total
3p - 4 dust, 8 normal = 12 total
4p - 3 dust, 6 normal = 9 total
5p - 2 dust, 4 normal = 6 total (6 terrs start neutral - 2 dust, 4 normal)
6p - 2 dust, 4 normal = 6 total
7p - 1 dust, 3 normal = 4 total (8 terrs start neutral - 5 dust, 3 normal)
8p - 1 dust, 3 normal = 4 total (4 terrs start neutral - all dusty)

Given how easy it is to take the dust regions off a player it doesn't seem worth capping the number that get given out, especially as it would need to be capped at 3 to have an effect, which would leave too many neutrals in the centre to start.
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn
Retired Team Member

Medals: 67
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (2)
General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (1) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (15)

Postby thenobodies80 on Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:39 pm

Chap, since the map is a old one and I've learned that change old maps is a problem if done without ask, I would like to understand what people think about this possiblity before to apply the changes.
To do that, could you please write here a detailed post with your proposal....I'll do the rest ;)

Thanks
Nobodies

Give every man your ear, but few thy voice. Take each man's censure, but reserve thy judgment.
show
Corporal 1st Class thenobodies80
Foundry Foreman
Foundry Foreman

Medals: 70
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Bot Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
General Achievement (8) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (6) General Contribution (17)

Postby chapcrap on Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:43 pm

My proposal would be to code starting positions for the Dust terts so that they get evenly distributed. It would also be good to have them start with 2 neutrals if they are neutral instead of given to the player.

Basically, hand them out evenly.
Major chapcrap
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas