Conquer Club

H.E. Mafia, Game Over, Town Prevails. [archive plox]

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: H.E. Mafia, Game Over, Town Prevails. [archive plox]

Postby everywhere116 on Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:57 pm

So, scum. Thoughts? Plans?
"Disease, suffering, hardship...that is what war is all about."-Captain Kirk, from "A Taste of Armageddon"
Corporal everywhere116

Postby safariguy5 on Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:05 pm

I stuck my neck out there because Clever was in a big hole. Of all the doctors to claim, why the one with strong SKer flavor is beyond me. I ended up taking a gamble to support ghostly (to earn me more town cred) and hope that nobody would counterclaim me.

In retrospect, I should have just let Clever try to figure it out himself, but his vote manipulation I thought could be useful for us at endgame.
Captain safariguy5

Postby spiesr on Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:36 pm

If Safariguy was blocked night1, then how was Ghostly blocked?
Captain spiesr

Postby new guy1 on Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:43 pm

Hmmm. Isaiah?
Sergeant new guy1

Postby new guy1 on Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:44 pm

wrong game :P
Sergeant new guy1

Postby jak111 on Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:47 pm

new guy1 wrote:wrong game :P

Lol, go to our Yo Ho game bud :3
Highest Rank:
Major:2157

"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers"

Jak Eliminator: Prison Riot [0/16] *Sign Ups*
Private 1st Class jak111

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:47 pm

@mafia: sorry about my final ploy; it was a long shot, and i might have been able to get another day out of it had I tried another route, but I figured the game was up by them. Also, sorry for throwing ALL THREE of you under the bus.

I didn't think a 4th investigative role was excessive, else I wouldn't have claimed it. And we didn't discuss fakeclaims at all. Clever came up with that on his own.

In retrospect, my biggest mistake was probably not backing safariguy. Seriously, the fact that we lynched a mother over a player who is described as nothing pleasant couldn't have turned out poorly. At the time, I figured chap and I were going to be able to hold the fort pretty well though.

Good game ghost. You totally had us pegged; you just need to develop your skills of rhetoric before you can take me on face to face. The reason I lasted as long as I did was mainly because you went after me like a shrill banshee. This was a great game though, and I see many more great ones in your future.

Also, spiesr: that is the most brilliant cop breadcrumbing I have ever seen. However, I don't think anyone would have noticed.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby new guy1 on Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:51 pm

jak111 wrote:
new guy1 wrote:wrong game :P

Lol, go to our Yo Ho game bud :3

Aye. On my way :P
Sergeant new guy1

Postby everywhere116 on Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:33 pm

spiesr wrote:If Safariguy was blocked night1, then how was Ghostly blocked?
That depends highly on the mod. Some support the notion that a roleblocker can stop another from roleblocking, others don't. It was something I was going to ask Tail when day 3 started. But then ghostly died, which made the point irrelevant.

Honestly, it's good that he died when he did. I would have been the first one to go after him if Tail said that roleblockers block other roleblockers. It would have meant that a confirmed scum had tried to give credibility to ghost during life, and I'm sure others would have agreed. He probably would have been lynched, and the momentum lost.
"Disease, suffering, hardship...that is what war is all about."-Captain Kirk, from "A Taste of Armageddon"
Corporal everywhere116

Postby strike wolf on Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:03 pm

I think it was pretty well balanced. I think that I kind of threw a wrench in things for mafia when I killed Ghostly and Chapcrap. I don't think not lynching Ghostly would have saved Clever but could have bought mafia a town lynch on day 4. I think claims screwed over mafia mostly though. I can't believe that Safari claimed role blocker when he did. For the record, my fake claim was going to either be Sherlocke Holmes-detective/Flavor Cop or something I felt I could play off as an overeager vig. I was seriously hoping that I wouldn't have claim to be honest.

@Spiesr: I did actually see your tag...after I had already sent in the action to kill Chapcrap...I had gotten the feeling you were investigative. don't remember what tipped me off but I had the feeling and decided to follow your lead on who to kill (worse case scenario. I frame you the next day. That would have worked out terribly for me).
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby pancakemix on Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:12 pm

Apologies for dropping out of this one. Shit got crazy and I couldn't keep up at the time. I just got too far behind. Wish I could have stuck it out, cause this looked good. :(
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:58 pm

spiesr wrote:If Safariguy was blocked night1, then how was Ghostly blocked?

I waffled on this one, too. At the time, I brought it down to timestamps. I figured that two roles sending in the same action went to the one who sent it first. I don't know what I was thinking. In retrospect, soundman's block should've stopped Saf's, thus freeing ghostly. The way I did it should only happen if they had targeted each other.

-Tails
Sergeant 1st Class TA1LGUNN3R

Postby soundman on Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:20 am

Awesome game Tails! It was a lot of fun. And good game mafia!
Lieutenant soundman

Postby safariguy5 on Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:46 am

strike wolf wrote:I think it was pretty well balanced. I think that I kind of threw a wrench in things for mafia when I killed Ghostly and Chapcrap. I don't think not lynching Ghostly would have saved Clever but could have bought mafia a town lynch on day 4. I think claims screwed over mafia mostly though. I can't believe that Safari claimed role blocker when he did. For the record, my fake claim was going to either be Sherlocke Holmes-detective/Flavor Cop or something I felt I could play off as an overeager vig. I was seriously hoping that I wouldn't have claim to be honest.

@Spiesr: I did actually see your tag...after I had already sent in the action to kill Chapcrap...I had gotten the feeling you were investigative. don't remember what tipped me off but I had the feeling and decided to follow your lead on who to kill (worse case scenario. I frame you the next day. That would have worked out terribly for me).

I was trying to play the probability card. I figured if I backed ghostly (who was drawing a lot of heat) I would be able to get town cred while throwing suspicion off clever. I mean, with 1 night's actions, how likely is it that you're the one mafia roleblocked, especially since ghostly didn't claim Day 1.

I was also unconvinced that clever was going to be able to get out of being lynched on Day 2. As I said before, mafia with voting manipulation can be quite powerful towards endgame, so I figured it was better to keep clever alive.
Captain safariguy5

Postby Some7hingCLEVER on Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:08 pm

lol first game i ever played and i was mafia!
it was ridiculously tough and since getting lynched i find i def. enjoy being town more
all in all fantastic game , kept me reading even after i died
Cadet Some7hingCLEVER

Previous

Return to Mafia Archives