Conquer Club

Fruitcake and partner -v- Gen.LeeGettinhed and partner

Old information and materials.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Fruitcake and partner -v- Gen.LeeGettinhed and partner

Postby ljex on Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:31 pm

Bruceswar wrote:Don't call this bunk yet.... I was talking with glg about it last night. Stay tuned. BTW who is your partner?

if i recall he said they were from bpb which leaves only general mojo
Major ljex

Postby Fruitcake on Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:47 am

ljex wrote:
Bruceswar wrote:Don't call this bunk yet.... I was talking with glg about it last night. Stay tuned. BTW who is your partner?

If you recall?

Fruitcake wrote:For the record, my partner isn't from the Bandits

Due to current economic conditions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off
Colonel Fruitcake

Postby Bruceswar on Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:39 am

Fruitcake wrote:
ljex wrote:

If you recall?

Why is the partner in such a cloud of mystery?? I have my guesses, but why not just tell us?
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby Fruitcake on Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:47 am

Bruceswar wrote:
Fruitcake wrote:
ljex wrote:

If you recall?

Why is the partner in such a cloud of mystery?? I have my guesses, but why not just tell us?

Not a mystery, I just choose to say when I actually know whether the incumbent conqueror is actually going to show up.

Due to current economic conditions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off
Colonel Fruitcake

Postby Bruceswar on Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:16 am

Fruitcake wrote:
Bruceswar wrote:
Fruitcake wrote:
ljex wrote:

If you recall?

Not a mystery, I just choose to say when I actually know whether the incumbent conqueror is actually going to show up.

I pretty much told you he will play, but he wants to know who we will playing vs! Ofc terms would have to be worked out.
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby anonymus on Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:59 am

Bruceswar wrote:
Fruitcake wrote:
ljex wrote:

If you recall?

yes because letting the community wait for super-special news for weeks after outing something would happen would just be bad form..

(sorry my only contribution is bruce-bashing in this thread but it so many open goals, nothing personal just satire <3 brucy)

/ :?:
Click image to enlarge.

show: BoganGod speaks the truth
Colonel anonymus

Postby jiminski on Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:24 am

Bruceswar wrote:

I pretty much told you he will play, but he wants to know who we will playing vs! Ofc terms would have to be worked out.

Excellent! i am looking forward to this spectacle. I'm sure it'll be a fine match-up.
Lieutenant jiminski

Postby jiminski on Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:40 am

Ok Ok you forced my hand on the unveiling! It's me Brucey, I'm coming out of retirement. Fear not though, i shall have the extra fifteen hundred points by lunchtime, tuesday.. of course i only have 4 games at a sitting so i'm hoping i can play GenLee at Real-time, Sequential, classic, Foggy, Adjacent to get the points in time? (that's not trash talk on his quality as a player by the way... i realise danders are high... it's simply comment upon his points tally being the only one high enough to get me to the required score in such a short time ... also in other news: this whole post was a playful ruse and i am not in fact 'The Mystery Player'! Oh what a wheeze.)

But realistically does the Mystery Player change GenLee Decision on whether he plays the challenge or not Brucey?
Personally i'd just spill the beans Fruit, it would be a shame to give opportunity for impasse.
Lieutenant jiminski

Postby Bruceswar on Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:54 am

jiminski wrote:Ok Ok you forced my hand on the unveiling! It's me Brucey, I'm coming out of retirement. Fear not though, i shall have the extra fifteen hundred points by lunchtime, tuesday.. of course i only have 4 games at a sitting so i'm hoping i can play GenLee at Real-time, Sequential, classic, Foggy, Adjacent to get the points in time? (that's not trash talk on his quality as a player by the way... i realise danders are high... it's simply comment upon his points tally being the only one high enough to get me to the required score in such a short time ... also in other news: this whole post was a playful ruse and i am not in fact 'The Mystery Player'! Oh what a wheeze.)

But realistically does the Mystery Player change GenLee Decision on whether he plays the challenge or not Brucey?
Personally i'd just spill the beans Fruit, it would be a shame to give opportunity for impasse.

I am sure there are a few players glg would rather not play, but I think most are ok.
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby jiminski on Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:11 am

Bruceswar wrote:
jiminski wrote:Ok Ok you forced my hand on the unveiling! It's me Brucey, I'm coming out of retirement. Fear not though, i shall have the extra fifteen hundred points by lunchtime, tuesday.. of course i only have 4 games at a sitting so i'm hoping i can play GenLee at Real-time, Sequential, classic, Foggy, Adjacent to get the points in time? (that's not trash talk on his quality as a player by the way... i realise danders are high... it's simply comment upon his points tally being the only one high enough to get me to the required score in such a short time ... also in other news: this whole post was a playful ruse and i am not in fact 'The Mystery Player'! Oh what a wheeze.)

I am sure there are a few players glg would rather not play, but I think most are ok.

I understand why GenLee is not in the thread, he generally gets pilloried wherever he goes as most Conquerors do sooner or later. And of course he simply doesn't have to be here if he doesn't want to. However a simple, "I'll agree to play but first tell me the 4th player" directly from him, would put the ball back in Fruit's court. - I'm sure most dissenters would stay their acerbic tongues for a moment in order to facilitate such a popcorn eating tussle.
Lieutenant jiminski

Postby Fruitcake on Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:34 am

jiminski wrote:
Bruceswar wrote:

I understand why GenLee is not in the thread, he generally gets pilloried wherever he goes as most Conquerors do sooner or later. And of course he simply doesn't have to be here if he doesn't want to. However a simple, "I'll agree to play but first tell me the 4th player" directly from him, would put the ball back in Fruit's court. - I'm sure most dissenters would stay their acerbic tongues for a moment in order to facilitate such a popcorn eating tussle.

That'll do for me.

Let's not turn this into a personal issue. All I ask is that the challenged turns up himself, not through a mouthpiece (with respect to you Bruce). He either says, yes or no....it's not rocket science is it.

Colonel Fruitcake

Postby codeblue1018 on Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:28 pm

Who Fruity chooses as his partner is irrelevant as long as it falls with- in the point parameters that Fruity originally discussed.
Lieutenant codeblue1018

Postby grifftron on Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:31 pm

Yea this is kind of goofy that GLG wont even accept this challenge himself, but he can use the clan director as a personal mouth piece... great!
Major grifftron
SoC Training Adviser

Postby macbone on Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:46 pm

I think Bruce is acting more as a friend/clanmate than as Clan Director. =)

Kiron/mc05025 would be a great partner for Fruitcake.
Colonel macbone

Postby jiminski on Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:08 am

macbone wrote:I think Bruce is acting more as a friend/clanmate than as Clan Director. =)

yeap, i think the conqueror is probably feeling a little shell-shocked as he gets shot at every time he sticks his head up over the trench. I reckon he'll turn up for the challenge if he gets a little massage rather than a poke in the ribs.
Lieutenant jiminski

Postby Bruceswar on Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:09 am

I Just wanna play some games :D
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby jiminski on Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:10 am

Bruceswar wrote:I Just wanna play some games :D

And i wanna watch some Brucey ;). get ya man in here tiger!
Lieutenant jiminski

Postby laughingcavalier on Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:01 am

Why is fruitcake being so mysterious about his partner's name? He's beginning to look - heaven forbid one should think such a thing about him, cough, cough - a trifle foolish on that score.
Major laughingcavalier

Postby Fruitcake on Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:04 am

laughingcavalier wrote:Why is fruitcake being so mysterious about his partner's name? He's beginning to look - heaven forbid one should think such a thing about him, cough, cough - a trifle foolish on that score.

Yawn.

This thread is about a challenge. It doesn't matter who my partner is. I am sure the incumbent conqueror can get a decent doubles partner can't he? The point is that the scores are as closely matched as possible. Does it not occur to any one that should any prospective partner of mine take a slide in points while we wait for Bruce's friend to show he has a backbone, I would have to change the partner?

Quite frankly, this obfuscation is pretty much what I expected at the get go.

Colonel Fruitcake

Postby freakns on Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:41 am

Fruitcake wrote:
laughingcavalier wrote:Why is fruitcake being so mysterious about his partner's name? He's beginning to look - heaven forbid one should think such a thing about him, cough, cough - a trifle foolish on that score.

Yawn.

This thread is about a challenge. It doesn't matter who my partner is.

yes it does.

this is about you challenging GLG, not your partner. so this either means you dont have a partner or your partner is someone you are sure GLG doesnt want to play against.
the ball is in your court, and if now this challenge doesnt happen means either Bruce is a liar and GLG never told him he wants to play against you(and im pretty sure thats not the case) or you backed up from challenge you were trying to force... come to think of it, it is possible this is something how did you expect this one to finish...

but to be completely fair, GLG should come here and state what Bruce said... that way we would be sure...
Brigadier freakns

Postby codeblue1018 on Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:49 am

freakns wrote:
Fruitcake wrote:

Yawn.

This thread is about a challenge. It doesn't matter who my partner is.

yes it does.

this is about you challenging GLG, not your partner. so this either means you dont have a partner or your partner is someone you are sure GLG doesnt want to play against.
the ball is in your court, and if now this challenge doesnt happen means either Bruce is a liar and GLG never told him he wants to play against you(and im pretty sure thats not the case) or you backed up from challenge you were trying to force... come to think of it, it is possible this is something how did you expect this one to finish...

but to be completely fair, GLG should come here and state what Bruce said... that way we would be sure...

Again, fruitloop has no obligation to relinquish who his partner is as long as it's with-in the point margin. I don't see any reason why this is an issue especially since GLG hasn't even surfaced to state whether or not he'd accept this challenge. Once he accepts, As Fruitloop stated, his partner will be revealed. Unil then.......we anxiously await the great arrival of GLG, although, don't hold your breath as many would most likely pass out.
Lieutenant codeblue1018

Postby nippersean on Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:33 pm

Of course not. But it's Saturday night, so let's make some guesses.

I think it's Blitz.

So GLG n Brucey vs FC n Blitz - cage match, who wins?

Anyways, hurry up please, the popcorn is going stale and I'm half way through the crates of Stella.
Brigadier nippersean

Postby Crazyirishman on Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:38 pm

nippersean wrote:Of course not. But it's Saturday night, so let's make some guesses.

I think it's Blitz.

So GLG n Brucey vs FC n Blitz - cage match, who wins?

Anyways, hurry up please, the popcorn is going stale and I'm half way through the crates of Stella.

Ooh interesting guess there nip. I may start a thread for the purpose of guessing who this elusive mystery partner might be
Captain Crazyirishman

Postby jgordon1111 on Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:50 pm

Who FC's partner is quite irrelevant,the point spread is covered,Bruce says GLG is willing.

If thats so the current conqueror should not be worried about who he plays when he gets to choose maps and settings.

Batter up!

Or swing and a miss?
Private jgordon1111

Postby Phatscotty on Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:34 am

Pick me! 67% chance of winning
Major Phatscotty

PreviousNext

Return to Callouts Archives