Conquer Club

[CL4] Phase 1 - Div E - Final

Finished challenges between two competitive clans.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [CL4] Phase One - Division E

Postby WPBRJ on Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:06 pm

Leehar wrote:It doesn't have to be somebody. It is pretty unfair to LHDD as the underdogs. Is there no way for them to go in the same division when they come out of this so close? (Div 3 as one of the highest ranked 4th team or something?)
I'm sure you guys did your best in trying to work on the best way to resolve the perfect tie, but I can't help but feel disappointed for LHDD to do so well as completely unranked but still miss out to a judgement call in the end

ya we really not all that happy at all there was a dozen different way we could have decided this but it always came down to 1 clan going thru and 1 clan going down. we actually talked about this prior to start of league and both of us said there would never be a perfect tie well we were wrong. i really do feel for lhdd but when it all come down to it i think we made the right decision.

lets be honest if we went other way there would be people coming out and saying the exact same as you and that other guy said in support for legion.
Lieutenant WPBRJ

Postby jetsetwilly on Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:47 am

That does seem very harsh. I know time is key here but the stronger argument on the basis of what you're saying is for the lower ranked clan to go through.

Surely it's fairer to bring it down to a 1 off match that can be played fairly quickly ?
Sergeant 1st Class jetsetwilly

Postby WPBRJ on Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:25 am

jetsetwilly wrote:That does seem very harsh. I know time is key here but the stronger argument on the basis of what you're saying is for the lower ranked clan to go through.

Surely it's fairer to bring it down to a 1 off match that can be played fairly quickly ?

one game play off did come up but that really was not a option that would and could add any were from 2 to 4 or 5 weeks pending on setting and teams.

next year we will put in some thing to prevent this
Lieutenant WPBRJ

Postby Keefie on Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:23 pm

Very very very unfair. Even a Doodle Earth singles match between the two primary contacts would be better, hey even make it a speed game, but to decide based on rank is just WRONG.
Major Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby cookie0117 on Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:55 pm

A game of any form is better than just letting the top clan through on the basis of their rank alone. Its a slap in the face for the lower ranked clan to be told "sorry boys and girls but they are better than you, well, yes we know they didnt beat you but they are better than you".
Private cookie0117

Postby jetsetwilly on Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:12 pm

Absolutely. Would either clan really argue with a speed dubs if it had to come down to something.
Sergeant 1st Class jetsetwilly

Postby Leehar on Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:23 pm

And from what I'm understanding of the next phase, Leg aren't even competing in the 4 groups? :?
That would make this even worse.

And while I understand that you'll include mechanisms into the next league to improve it, tbh Each season has been vastly different from the one preceding it, so I doubt it would be as useful
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby angola on Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:45 pm

Leehar wrote:And from what I'm understanding of the next phase, Leg aren't even competing in the 4 groups? :?

This is wrong. Everyone is moving onto Phase Two.

The four groups are for the Divisional Cup, which is a separate tournament.
Highest rank: 48th. Highest score: 3,384. Feb. 9, 2014.
Captain angola

Postby patrickaa317 on Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:53 pm

Keefie wrote:Very very very unfair. Even a Doodle Earth singles match between the two primary contacts would be better, hey even make it a speed game, but to decide based on rank is just WRONG.

+1
taking a break from cc, will be back sometime in the future.
Sergeant patrickaa317

Postby Leehar on Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:26 pm

angola wrote:
Leehar wrote:And from what I'm understanding of the next phase, Leg aren't even competing in the 4 groups? :?

Aha, that explains it
Well then, is LHDD being placed in a lower cup because of this?
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby angola on Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:43 pm

Leehar wrote:
angola wrote:

Aha, that explains it

Yeah. They are in Division 4. The other team - Legion? - is in Division 3. They are definitely being punished.
Highest rank: 48th. Highest score: 3,384. Feb. 9, 2014.
Captain angola

Postby WPBRJ on Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:26 pm

angola wrote:
Leehar wrote:
angola wrote:

Aha, that explains it

Yeah. They are in Division 4. The other team - Legion? - is in Division 3. They are definitely being punished.

no they fall were they finished and that would be 3rd division
Lieutenant WPBRJ

Postby josko.ri on Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:55 pm

WPBRJ wrote:
Leehar wrote:It doesn't have to be somebody. It is pretty unfair to LHDD as the underdogs. Is there no way for them to go in the same division when they come out of this so close? (Div 3 as one of the highest ranked 4th team or something?)
I'm sure you guys did your best in trying to work on the best way to resolve the perfect tie, but I can't help but feel disappointed for LHDD to do so well as completely unranked but still miss out to a judgement call in the end

ya we really not all that happy at all there was a dozen different way we could have decided this but it always came down to 1 clan going thru and 1 clan going down. we actually talked about this prior to start of league and both of us said there would never be a perfect tie well we were wrong. i really do feel for lhdd but when it all come down to it i think we made the right decision.

lets be honest if we went other way there would be people coming out and saying the exact same as you and that other guy said in support for legion.

It is not true that it always happens that one clan going thru and 1 clan going down, especially not in competition which has draws like possibility.

If single games can be draw (happened in more than 10 games in CL4) then why total standings cannot be draw? for both LEG and LHDD we may say
"they are lower placed than #3 because they do not have better score than #3"
"they are better placed than #4 because #4 does not have better score than them"
conclusion: "they are lower placed than #3 and better placed than #4"
ruling: "they are placed on 3,5th place"

that would mean they both has the same status deserved in games, which is the worst #3 clan and the best #4 clan. the most important benefit, BOTH the worst #3 clan and the best #4 clan goes to the same Division 3, so nobody would be harmed with that decision.

If it can happen perfect draw in Olympics, then I do not see why on CC it could not be possible, especially in Phase when both clans advance to next stage.

WPBRJ, you like to say phrases like "it was discussed in CLA and CLA made this decision" to hide your own wrong decision behind CLA mask. please, ask CLA what they think about it, I am sure you will have less than 10% to support this decision. this is CLA event so I do not see why some stubborn individual who does not hear other opinions would make his own dictature. I really regret if noone in CLA has will to fight for fair play and protect integrity of this competition, because terrible rules are what kills CL4, not only this decision but also rule about rewarding 6-6 score and 1 point vs last clan to all clans in groups of 5.

Also you like to say phrase "majority members agreed to that rule". I regret to inform you, but with this decision already agreed ZERO players in this thread (except directors who made the decision).

I really hope CLA members recognize terrible low quality of CL4 leadership, and I hope there will be someone or some team who will want to jump over those Directors and make something quality which will have fair play rules in spirit of fair CC competition for CL5.
Major josko.ri

Postby WPBRJ on Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:57 pm

josko please stop posting your garbage in these threads

it really does not matter what i decide you will take the other side of the argument and your dribble really means nothing to me and most times after trying to read the first sentence i most times just stop and ignore you crap that you are spewing of your mouth.

if you are so unhappy with this event please do us all a favor and stop participating in it so the rest of the 900 plus players can enjoy it!!!!

i will stop all conversations with you and i will stop reading all your trolling baiting posts and you will be put on foe for the rest of my time on CC so take you cheating trolling self proclaimed god of a attitude and shove it right were the sun does not shine.

have a better miserable life than your already having!!!!
Lieutenant WPBRJ

Re: [CL4] Phase 1 - Div E - Final

Postby chemefreak on Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:57 pm

Moved to completed. Privs removed. No medals issued.
:twisted: ChemE :twisted:
братья в рукоятках
I ♥ ++The Legion++
Lieutenant chemefreak

Previous

Return to Complete Challenges