Conquer Club

Can somebody teach me speed games?

Old information and materials.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Can somebody teach me speed games?

Postby Crazyirishman on Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:17 pm

Im having trouble learning spped games, could somebody help me?

Here are my current speed game numbers:
Cook -1446 83 from 507(16%) 253 (4) Serial Killer (50%) Equalitarian (0.923)

This is of course in comparison to my casual game stats
Brigadier +2363 433 from 1058(41%) 857 (70) Serial Killer (57%) Equalitarian (0.952)

If you know the secrets to playing speed games I would love to hear, please post here.
Last edited by Crazyirishman on Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Captain Crazyirishman

Re: Can somebody teach me speed games?

Postby DiM on Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:23 pm

Crazyirishman wrote:If you know the secrets to playing speed games I would love to hear, please post here.

play fast :?
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby nikola_milicki on Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:57 pm

yup think and act less lazier :P tho this only goes for freestyle, I dont see why would u have any problems playing sequential..
Colonel nikola_milicki

Postby Crazyirishman on Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:19 pm

nikola_milicki wrote:yup think and act less lazier :P tho this only goes for freestyle, I dont see why would u have any problems playing sequential..

Alas the problem is not that simple, I actually have lost less points from freestyle games (690) than from sequential (756), so the problem may lie in somethign deeper.
Captain Crazyirishman

Postby army of nobunaga on Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:53 pm

Crazyirishman wrote:Im having trouble learning spped games, could somebody help me?

Here are my current speed game numbers:
Cook -1446 83 from 507(16%) 253 (4) Serial Killer (50%) Equalitarian (0.923)

This is of course in comparison to my casual game stats
Brigadier +2363 433 from 1058(41%) 857 (70) Serial Killer (57%) Equalitarian (0.952)

If you know the secrets to playing speed games I would love to hear, please post here.

play 1vs1s on the maps you know well... stay away from freestyle of you are slow .. like me.

And keep the games to a 4-6 man room in esc and flat.

Any my win percentage might be less than yours... I just play them all except for the 1vs1.

btw, use "r" in freestyle... i mean spam the shit out of it.
Maps Maps Maps!

Take part in this survey and possibly win an upgrade -->
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/embeddedform?formkey=dGg4a0VxUzJLb1NGNUFwZHBuOHRFZnc6MQ
Cadet army of nobunaga

Postby ODWO on Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:00 pm

In std. 24 hr. games, you might be taking the time to rethink any obvious reactions to what you initially see. Better %'s. :) Speed might be taking place of your normal logic (just guessing) due to seconds instead of hours. GL. :)
Major ODWO

Postby Roussallier on Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:43 am

My personal rule for speed games: ALWAYS make sure you're fighting on familiar turf. This isn't the time for exploring and learning new maps or play styles. You will get annihilated on complicated maps you don't know.

-for blitz (1 or 2 min rounds) or freestyle make sure you know keyboard shortcuts and think during your opponent's turn. Mental exhaustion comes into play here. Be especially careful on manual freestyle Oasis/All Your Base/Europe 1914/and other maps with victory conditions or high bonuses that might be taken in the last split second.

-do the settings give the game to whoever goes first? To whoever gets a better drop? Cash in a strong FR set first? Is the map just a mindless dice fight? If so play only against higher ranked players.

-stay away from 1 min freestyle assasin on small maps unless you want to drop a lot of points learning to play this style.

Practice on maps you know, then tweak the map or settings one at a time. Good luck!
If my timer is low, please contact Violet or Stotzi
Major Roussallier

Postby codierose on Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:07 pm

try medal hunting in speed games you will learn the hard way but fun quick way to pick up medals. theres always doubs games available don't be scared who you join with not all players in speed are noobs :D there is always 5/6 man term games save on points. stay away from freeassdoodle or freeasslux you will loose a shit load of points
Major codierose

Postby Crazyirishman on Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:05 pm

The weird thing is that I almost always lose on maps/settings Im familiar with such as dubs on classic, (I think part of it is I play the random teammate sweepstakes). Surprisingly I do well on assdoodles and assluxs in the I have just enough ability to use clickies in speed setting to do things quickly on a small map. I usually stay away from standard freestyle ass I cant fully compete well while using a laptop. either way Ive dropped about 400 points in little under a week
Captain Crazyirishman

Return to Callouts Archives