Conquer Club

Trench Warfare in clanwars

Abandoned challenges and other old information.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Trench Warfare in clanwars

Postby Catarah on Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:08 pm

[i'm not completely sure if this is the right place to discuss this, as there might be a subforum or so which i have missed. if so, please tell me!]

so, we've got a great new gameoption today - Trench Warfare - as described here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=168663

my only question here is basically, will we allow this option in clanwars? now obviously in simple clanwars it will be up to the clans themselves, but i supose it's never too early to discuss what should happen in things like the clan league and the conquer cup.

to start off with my own opinion - i'm a big fan of the option, and i am certainly in favor of it being allowed in clangames, as it makes the game becomes very strategic with this setting. on the other hand, i can imagine with the option being so different from what we're used to, that people wouldn't want to play a clanwar with one side bringing in 20 trench wars or something.

so, discuss, what place should trench warfare have within the Clanwars?
Captain Catarah

Re: Trench Warfare in clanwars

Postby chapcrap on Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:16 pm

I'm in favor of it being worked in to wars.

However, as it wasn't an option when terms were disclosed for CL4, CC3, etc, it probably shouldn't be used in them.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby jj3044 on Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:48 pm

i don't mind the setting if it is negotiated... but I really can't see it ever being allowed in the multi-clan tournies like CL and the CC... simply because it is a setting that could take FOREVER for a game to finish, and it would slow down the entire tournament. You could of course use round limits... but a team winning with a round limit is not necessarily the team that WOULD win the game without a round limit, so I'm not a huge fan of that either.

As for the current CL and CC tournies, I absolutely do not think the new setting should be allowed... I'm fairly sure the organizers would concur.
Colonel jj3044

Postby redhawk92 on Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:09 pm

it will take way to long. i am willing to play it (speaking as a player not a clan). :D
Captain redhawk92

Postby Catarah on Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:09 pm

i'm not sure about it taking forever to finish. in an 8 player free for all i'm quite sure it'll take forever, but in a quads or tripples, i'm more worried that the game is decided in the first 3 turns, then the other way around.

however, i suppose i'll wait with judging until i played a few trips and quads with trenches :)
Captain Catarah

Postby skillfusniper33 on Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:00 am

I think they should be put into the clan wars, but probably not for any current leagues. But we also might want to have it be like the unlimited forts in CL4, which are limited to 2 per home set, and only in quads/triples. And as for the current tournaments, I would say keep it out of the games for sure, since it is extremely new, and their may be some bugs that might need tweaking.

It will bring a lot more strategy to the game itself, but I do believe it would take a bit longer to finish than normal, but you should be able to actually see the clan who has a better strategy evolve.
Place: 267 Score: 2630
Major skillfusniper33

Postby chemefreak on Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:00 pm

Like most settings it will not be forbidden in wars. However, we will have to make sure that it is fairly negotiated between the clans.
:twisted: ChemE :twisted:
Š±Ń€Š°Ń‚ŃŒŃ Š² руŠŗŠ¾ŃŃ‚ŠŗŠ°Ń…
I ā™„ ++The Legion++
Lieutenant chemefreak

Postby redhawk92 on Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:09 pm

so both have to agree?
Captain redhawk92

Postby chemefreak on Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:52 pm

kylegraves1 wrote:so both have to agree?

Sort of. Both have to agree and the CDs have to think that they know what they are doing. For instance, an experienced clan decides to take on a new clan. The new clan, just excited to have a challenge, agrees to pretty much anything. The CDs at that point may decline to issue privs since the war was not "fairly negotiated".
:twisted: ChemE :twisted:
Š±Ń€Š°Ń‚ŃŒŃ Š² руŠŗŠ¾ŃŃ‚ŠŗŠ°Ń…
I ā™„ ++The Legion++
Lieutenant chemefreak

Postby uckuki on Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:07 pm

FOED is considering a trench challenge, on small maps only. could be dubs and trips, something like that. nothing medium size and up. we are still trying out the setting, to figure it out, get comfie. but we do plan to issue a trench challenge in a month or two.

if anyone is interested in discussing options/terms pm me.
Major uckuki

Postby SaviorShot on Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:55 pm

IM sure it will be worked into clan wars in the future with a limit on how many u can use a round. I'm 4 it
Colonel SaviorShot

Postby niMic on Thu May 03, 2012 10:23 am

I am playing a quads chained escalating trench on World 2.1

Stupid game.
Highest score: 3692
Highest rank: 17
General niMic

Postby Chuuuuck on Thu May 03, 2012 10:39 am

I think it is a very strategic setting. Clan wars should allow everything that adds strategy, however, I am worried about the timeline for CC. Everyone would have to understand events may take longer, or agree to send them in the early rounds or something. I want to play the games with all strategic settings possible, but cleanup on trench games can take a while .
Captain Chuuuuck

Postby Leehar on Thu May 03, 2012 11:12 am

Again, Use Round Limits?...
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby lascheves on Thu May 31, 2012 6:24 pm

Leehar wrote:Again, Use Round Limits?...

Just to have certain, round limits in team game defaults to UNIQUE PLAYER with most troops, not TEAM with most troops, correct? I know this is posted in elsewhere. Sorry for ask again.
Major lascheves

Postby Catarah on Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:52 pm

i would like to bump this up.

Trench teamgames are my favourite settings by now, and man, there's a lot of tactics and strategy in it.

for those saying it takes too long: ive finished over 50 trench team games(2v2,3v3,4v4. not counting 2v2v2v2), and none of them went over 21 rounds, with an average of some 10 turns to finish. i'll admit that i tend to play small or normal maps, and i don't try games like hyves or rail europe on trench, but really, the length of the game is not a problem.

the strategy on the other hand, is way more important. you have to plan several turns in advance, as you can't just steamroll someone.

i think its a shame this years clan league still does not allow trench, as such a tactical setting shouldn't be left alone.
Captain Catarah

Postby gimli1990 on Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:08 am

i am in complete agreement with you catarah grant it i am curretly not in a clan but i was and i am looking to join or i might creating my own clan unsure about which at the momant but yes it should be allowed.
i love we finally got AA otherwise known now as trench YES!!!!!
Highest Score: Major 2329
Cook gimli1990

Postby kmhebert on Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:13 am

I am fine if two clans want to go off and have a trench war together but for Clan League I'd prefer to not have trench warfare.
Sergeant kmhebert

Postby kizkiz on Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:44 pm

As catarah says, trench team games rarely go above 20 rounds
Fiso have had an all trench war against AKA and there were no major time issues.
Most clans now agree to at least a limited amount of trench games in wars.
Just some of the older, higher ranked clans, that still seem slightly worried at the prospect ;)
Captain kizkiz

Postby Ickyketseddie on Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:50 pm

1RFG recently had some trench in our war with VDLL. No problems there. Lots of fun infact.. I agree its a great new setting/strategy.
Captain Ickyketseddie

Postby Armandolas on Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:57 pm

If lenght of rounds is problem than u can limit trench games to maps under "X" territs
Trench is a nice setting
Colonel Armandolas

Postby Finsfleet on Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:11 am

Another vote for trench.
Major Finsfleet

Postby HardAttack on Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:50 am

Trench warfare, once a team gets the momentum, can come with lucky drop/first couple rounds hot dice one team to have, and so, then there is no chance for the other team to make a come back.

Well, i have got little exprience in trench in team games but in standard games, and i see it to have weakness to last very long, but some say opposite through this thread.

Going/referring back to why we do not have/removed 1v1 games from clan challenges ? Wasnt it reason because we all were agreed on 1v1 games are all dice/drop games ? So, i can easily call it for trench is at very the same place from many aspects. First turn taker with lucky drop will have the advantage as long as there we have got a reckless team opposing us.

I dont believe trench gaming any suitable for clan challenges.
Some call it that they are liking/setting up clan challenge in small maps, well itis hidden in the condition, dont you think ? Why small maps ? Small maps are those serious/high ranked clans avoid to bring on the ground to fight on, then on the other hand, you call it small maps with trench in the name trench games not to take forever. Well, it shows the point why trench warfare should not take place in clan wars as well.

To put alltogether,
1/ IMO, very luck and dice dependent,
2/ Takes forever,

These two are very enough to make trench warfare unsuitable for clan arena i believe.

Regards.
LEGENDS of WAR
Colonel HardAttack

Postby silversun6 on Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:49 am

im not a trench fan , but i think it has to be allowed.
and also , i dont understand how people call trech as luck dependent but flat rate isnt..
Colonel silversun6

Postby Qwert on Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:32 pm

well if you have two teams--and each team have right to decide on what field will play,, then im vote for trench to be allowed .
Its most fair that each team can build hes home games,, and if you start make restrictions,,only to be better for one clan,,then these its not fair, and clans are not equal.
I heard many times " we dont like trench,and these team can not have right to use trench for hes home settings" Now these are clear discrimination of some clans who dont have right to use best setting for hes home games.
I belive that next year,trench will be accepted , like we accept Nuclear settings, and only then all clans will be equal.
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Next

Return to Clan Archives