Some maps can get away with being sort of...bland. These are the maps which probably wouldn't get past the graphics stage of the foundry process today, but I think are integrated into the site as classics, and subsequently will not be included in my list.
Other maps don't need a full revamp, but could do with some minor changes - EG. Age of Merchants because the font is often quite difficult to interpret. These maps won't be in the list either.
Furthermore, some maps just have poor gameplay and wouldn't benefit from a graphics revamp. Surprise, surprise, I won't be including them either.
(no disrespect intended to any of the artists who drew these maps, and remember that standards for maps on this site have changed over time)
Anyway, here we go:
- Ancient Greece
- Caribbean Islands
- Europe (could do with a change like Far East had because some borders are difficult to see)
- Extreme Global Warming (a close call)
- France 1789 (I guess this one has an old-timesy feel, but....eh)
- Greater China (maybe)
- Hong Kong
- Madness (mainly because some borders are unclear)
- WWII Ardennes (this has some complicated bonuses to portray, however)