Conquer Club

Clan League Suggestion Box - Better? ; )

Abandoned challenges and other old information.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Clan League Complaint Box

Postby alt1978 on Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:59 pm

Thanks Eddie...

Those are well thought out criticisms that I think will help. I know from working with RJ behind the scenes that he is passionate about doing this thing right and he cares very much about putting out a top notch product. There are going to be hiccups with an undertaking of this size.

To address the complaints about the 6 versus 5 team groupings...that is certainly something that will be looked at very closely for next year's league. Just to reiterate where that decision was coming from...the league was trying to be inclusive and let as many clans have a shot at a variety of match-ups as possible. I'm not saying that the decision was right or fair...but i'm saying that given the criteria that were given to rj to start the league...the uneven groups with slightly less balanced scoring outweighed cutting some clans out...or forcing clans to perform some kind of "play-in".

Thanks again to everyone's input.
Major alt1978

Postby WPBRJ on Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:06 pm

Swifte wrote:
IcePack wrote:Didn't everyone know the rules prior to sign up / start up regarding 6 team groups though?

They should have, but sometimes it's hard to determine how the rules will impact the outcome untill you actually play the games and see the actual impact... that's what feedback is for.

this is probably the most true statement i have seen any were about the rules for that matter. i have to say in conversations with DJ we never expected certain things to turn out the way they did and there are for sure corrections to made for next year.
Lieutenant WPBRJ

Postby Teflon Kris on Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:49 pm

MudPuppy wrote:The already tight Easter deadline could have been somewhat alleviated by announcing the schedules at the same time as the division placements. The schedules should have already been set up with generic names that could have been filled as soon as the selections were announced. For example:

• Round 1: 8 April
        • Team 4 - Team 1
        • Team 5 - Team 2
        • Team 6 - Team 3
        • Team 7 - Team 8
    • Round 2: 15 April
        • Team 2 - Team 4
        • Team 3 - Team 1
        • Team 8 - Team 5
        • Team 7 - Team 6
    • Week 3 = Divisional Knock-Out Tournaments - First Round: 22 April

• Round 3: 29 April
        • Team 4 - Team 3
        • Team 2 - Team 8
        • Team 1 - Team 7
        • Team 5 - Team 6
    • Round 4 - 6 May
        • Team 8 - Team 4
        • Team 7 - Team 3
        • Team 6 - Team 2
        • Team 5 - Team 1
    • Round 5 - 13 May
        • Team 4 - Team 7
        • Team 8 - Team 6
        • Team 3 - Team 5
        • Team 2 - Team 1
    • Round 6 - 20 May
        • Team 6 - Team 4
        • Team 5 - Team 7
        • Team 1 - Team 8
        • Team 2 - Team 3
    • Round 7 - 27 May
        • Team 4 - Team 5
        • Team 6 - Team 1
        • Team 7 - Team 2
        • Team 8 - Team 3
Where:
Team 1 = TOFU
Team 2 = IA
Team 3 = EMP
Team 4 = PACK
Team 5 = AOC
Team 6 = AFOS
Team 7 = TSM
Team 8 = KORT

Creating the schedule while we were waiting for the Phase 1 games to finish up would have allowed clans an extra day or two to prepare for their matchups this week.

Feel free top send any good ideas in advance to event organisers

;)
Sergeant 1st Class Teflon Kris

Postby MudPuppy on Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:34 pm

DJ Teflon wrote:Feel free top send any good ideas in advance to event organisers

;)

My foresight isn't nearly as good as my hindsight, though. :P
Colonel MudPuppy

Re: wpbrj inexperianced baiting etc.

Postby eddie2 on Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:54 pm

show: before wpbrj interuption.

then things were sorted without him
show: everything sorted

then i think his feeling were hurt so he stirred shit up again. so like he wants to say i was the guilty party let his small mind think this. but in all effect he was baiting me into responses after it had been fixed.and i really could not be arsed with a inexperianced abnoxious sod who has never run a tourney giving people he did not want in it crap. he is on a power rush and thinks he has the backing of everyone also thinking he is higher than the moderators who watch this section to make sure they are run correct.
Major eddie2

Postby General Brock II on Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:42 pm

Eddie, it would probably help your case if you had a time for that pm that you send? Could you get a screencap?

We shall fight in France. We shall fight on the seas and oceans. We shall fight, with growing confidence and strength in the air. ~ Winston Churchill
Captain General Brock II

Postby pearljamrox2 on Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:17 pm

If you want to make this personal eddie. I understand completely why RJ wouldn't want to deal with you. Last I knew Tournament organizers could refuse certain people from joining tournaments if they have had problems with the person in the past. You are well known for being a belligerent trouble maker. I also am aware that during the ACC, you were on a FORUM BAN, but couldn't contain yourself, and had someone else post one of your harassing nonsensical rants for you under their name. I also seem to remember your last clan, "Time" quitting in the middle of a competition. All of these are pretty good reasons why someone might not want you to be involved....and gee...what do ya know. Here you are again. Just like always. Acting like an ass.
As for your non personal attacks..

eddie2 wrote:alt can i give you a list off problems i have seen so far.(there is not that many.)

2)on the start of each phrase each clan rep needs to be pmed telling them it has started. i don't know about other divisions but group 4 has had 2 clans miss the first deadline because we did not know it started.
I was contacted 3 times. Once on April 1st by DJ, and again in the following 2 days from my Division Director. I had a full week to procrastinate before finally having to get my shit done. I wonder about the other 5 clans in your division, and the other 30 something clans in the tournament that got their stuff done on time too

3) there needs to be at least a 2 week period from the announcement of the tables to the start of game creation. and if this time period is during a public holiday it needs to be extended the amount of time needed. this is to allow time to sort out what maps you want for what week games.

The last Phase has been finishing up for weeks. Every contact knew Phase 2 was coming soon. There is no reason why you couldn't have been thinking about your maps already. We are talking about 6 games dude. Hell, why not just go back and look at what you used in Phase 1. It's not that hard. You need two weeks? Easter is one day. Yes, the deadline happened to fall on Easter sunday, but unless you are like me and purposely procrastinate, you don't HAVE to wait until the deadline to get your shit done. You have been complaining soo much about all the different rules and all the "punishments". The league was made this way for a reason. Not to be mean to people or to hurt fair competition. It was made this way to keep things moving! It isn't an easy thing trying to motivate and coordinate actions with 30 something different people to try and make things happen on time. Thats why we have the 10 player list. So if you don't get your shit done in time, it doesn't delay the whole tournament. No one should have to chase down 30 something different people every week to prod you to send your games. It is YOUR responsibility to get it done if you want to be able to pick your maps with your specific teams. If you don't do it, It will be done for you, to keep everything moving. It's really not MUCH of a punishment. It is a solution to keep things from being delayed and to keep the weeks on the same schedule. It really isn't rocket science. You still get to play your games. If you can't keep up, find someone in your clan to help you. From what I read of your last post, It doesn't seem like you understand the format or rules of this tournament, since you keep saying you would accept the forfeit (there is no forfeit..just random games filled with random members of your clan from your list of 10 players). It also seems you didn't understand what Phase 2 is, and that Phase 1 was just the first round of the tournament. PAY ATTENTION. If you have stuff going on in real life and don't have time, don't sign up to be your clans contact!

Major pearljamrox2

Postby eddie2 on Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:45 am

pearljamrox2 wrote:

eddie2 wrote:alt can i give you a list off problems i have seen so far.(there is not that many.)

2)on the start of each phrase each clan rep needs to be pmed telling them it has started. i don't know about other divisions but group 4 has had 2 clans miss the first deadline because we did not know it started.
[color=#FF0000]I was contacted 3 times. Once on April 1st by DJ, and again in the following 2 days from my Division Director. I had a full week to procrastinate before finally having to get my shit done. I wonder about the other 5 clans in your division, and the other 30 something clans in the tournament that got their stuff done on time too[/color]

you have just added to my arguement mate even though you think you have not. 3 times you got contacted. well i di not even get contacted once about it moving to phase 2. i have the post that states i was head contact and not one of the contacts you had was from wrpbj so that was a mistake i presume in myself not getting 1 pm. instead of a simple apology wrpbj went on the attack of how i act also after we had stopped talking about it bringing back up about me inviting a clan mod to the chats mainly as a independant witness that he kept on removing.

acc what was my rant there ?????????
now this is the part that gets me my clan "time" time was not my clan it was joshyboys and sorry i left time i think 3 weeks before they pulled out of the cl3. So that does not hold any ground in this arguement.
Last I knew Tournament organizers could refuse certain people from joining tournaments if they have had problems with the person in the past.

show me where i have any form of major arguement with wrpbj. because once again you will not find anything. so there was no valid grounds for refusing our entry as me first contact. and ps not 1 of the other organisers followed that rule and always pmed me.
so if you want to make this personal mate at least post accurate info and don't jump on the band wagon posting for wrpbj he knows he was in the wrong this time but still cannot man up and appologise for a mistake made. And this is a vital part of running a proper tourney and proberly why he never has and never will.
Major eddie2

Postby pearljamrox2 on Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:59 am

I haven't had a single conversation with RJ about this, I am posting my own words. He is a big boy, he can speak for himself and so can I.

http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=442&t=148598&start=345#p3421758

There is your ACC rant since you were wondering. Had nothing to do with you and you were serving a Forum Ban at the time but you found a way to get your 2 cents in (even though it is against the rules to post for someone or have someone post for you when they are serving a Ban). You can't deny that you have a history of doing what you are doing right now.

This is what you posted a few post ago, a direct quote from you

eddie2 wrote:i am having a major refurb at the house so not really doing clan stuff. in these kinds of tourneys you need to contact the leaders when they start what if i was on holiday would we forfeit all the games because i was away for 2 weeks. you should not be punishing any clan unless they have had offical notification of the start date.

Maybe someone else should handle your clan stuff since you have things going on in real life and "you are not really doing clan stuff"

You also don't seem to know that the games are not forfeits here. They are just made random.

eddie2 wrote:yep i know i read that when i got the random games and clicked the link they proberly also don't know this has started. i don't even remember signing up for phase 2. but after checking see that i did 2 months ago.. like i said aka will take the forfeit but you will need to talk to the organisers because this is not organised.

You don't remember signing up for Phase 2? Phase 2 is the second round of this tournament! If you were paying attention to your responsibilities as your clans contact for this league, you would know that! And still unaware that you are not being made to forfeit any games, just have to play random.

Do you understand the point I am making. Instead of pointing the finger at the VOLUNTEERS who are helping to run this tournament with their own free time or expecting them to hold your hand every step of the way, you should probably just admit your own lack of attention to your responsibilities and keep that in mind in the future for the next time you decide you need to be the clan contact. You made such a big deal at the beginning of the league about being the primary contact, and you don't even bother to keep up with what you are suppose to be doing!
Major pearljamrox2

Postby eddie2 on Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:36 am

that was not a rant in acc2.. 1 post of opinion is not a rant.

for cl4 yes i had a misunderstanding which me and dj teflon talked about i appologised but the misunderstanding of what event it was does not account dor no pm advizing of start.but i sent our away teams for phase 2. it was over had been dealt with. do you not understand that point mate let me say it quiet clear for you it was over and dealt with
then wrpbj removed bruce from the pms and started saying no participant is allowed to involve clan moderators in discussions which is a bullshit comment. and why was this done after it had been sorted i can only guess to bait myself. this bringing it all back up again so i removed aka do you get that 1.

you have already stated you recieved 3 pms all first contacts recieved at least 1 pm from dj teflon well aka did not get this as already admited by wrpbj i am aka first contact for this tourney. so my complaint was valid.. aka not getting a pm that all other clans got advizing of round 2 is valid. do you understand that.
so instead of saying sorry for the mistake wrpbj started personally attacking my personna. also telling me i had no right involving a clan moderator as he has no juristiction over this tourney. this is false he does have it... do you understand that.

also in his statement he is posting false info in the phrase thread.
WPBRJ wrote: he is out and he might even be banned for life in CLA events

cla events sorry when did this become a cla event. in the opening sign ups where several clans not stateing about the sign up period being over a public holiday and stating it should not be.
phase 2 also did several clans not state there should of been longer notice before creation of games also stating again it should not of been over a public holiday period. cla is a group of clan leaders if the clans are posting publicly that signups and other things are not correct in phase 1 then they should be changed and not done again in phase 2. if this is truly a cla event because these are the people who are running this war and wrpbj and djteflon are only reps carrying out what all clan leaders who are members want.
Major eddie2

Postby josko.ri on Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:30 am

eddie2, I was also thinking about removing myself from such poor lead event from WPBRJ, but what is the point in this? with removing yourself you do exactly what WPBRJ wants, to put out of this event everyone who he dislikes, so this in any way is not harm to him and his leading of CL4.
I know top players from Div1 clans want a shot at KORT, so removing myself and maybe KORT would be harm to those clans who want shot at us, and would not be any harm to WPBRJ and his poor leadership. The same is for AKA, with removing your clan from CL4, all what you do is make a harm to LHHD, TNC, 1RFG, FOED, TLW, DBC and G1 who wish to play games and have fun vs all other clans from Div4, and do not wish to have bye weeks. also, signing out is big disrespect to other members of CL4 team who do their role excellent and are not guilty that WPBRJ ruined all the hard work that they were doing for months.

You see that many other clans are not satisfied with way of leading CL4...
viewtopic.php?f=438&t=168624&start=15#p3683965
viewtopic.php?f=438&t=168624&start=15#p3684028

... but regardless of that they will continue competition until the end, and will only consider future signing up for events like this. that is how good sports are acting, what you started you should finish and if you are not satisfied with leading of the event you are free to not sign up for new events of this type. but finishing what you started no matter of circumstances are minimal requirements what are expected from serious fair play competitors.
Major josko.ri

Postby Leehar on Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:54 am

Still, Eddie has a point in walking the talk. Not that I agree with him, but lots of people just talk the talk, but don't walk the walk. Eddie felt he had grievances that were disregarded or whatever, so he's putting his money where his mouth is and disassociating himself from the competition.
It's the same as those people who leave the site because they became dissatisfied. Again not something I really support, but it's an inevitable concomitant of unsavoury consumer relations.

Just as I feel all this unfortunate bashing on wpbrj for his deemed running of the event may cause him to retire from organising events or helping with the clan scene, so must we accept that people will refuse to participate in events if the management is deemed faulty. Both unfortunate situations, but it often seems that a lot of the time ego's and pride also gets in the way of engendering congenial relationships.
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby eddie2 on Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:56 am

although i agree with this the tourney was not being run fair josko the problems i seen where as follows.

1) no offense to these 2 clans war optinasi were added after the deadline these 2 clans had not completed any wars there was another couple of clans that did not meet the required entry to this but were not offered spaces.

2) the restrictions imposed on aka entry of me not being aka contact was against the rules of tourneys. and was done because there was no leader of the clan moderation to stop this but was done when 1 was appointed.

3) the start date of phase 2 and aka being penalised for not producing home games when we did not recieve the pm all other clans did recieve. our opponants in first round are ones we were classing as a possible win with a couple of clans we expected to lose against in the group. so it is a unfair start for aka. and we did not even get a appology for this instead we were told "we will not hold your hand."

4) i am vocal and wrpbj's constant baiting of me and me often rising to baits would cause more harm to aka if i was banned for a response. and i am not willing to be involved in a cup where 1 organiser is trying to bait a flame response which will result in a 1 month ban for me.

5) wrpbj stating that no member who is in disagreement with his final say have no right to contact the moderator in charge of making sure things run fair in the clan section. even disgussing normally until it is sorted with the moderator involved in the pm's then removing him after and giving crap for involving him.

so these last 3 parts are the reason and i think very valid reasons for removing aka from a totally disorganised event with one organiser causing the vast amount of problems because he is on a power rush.
Major eddie2

Postby josko.ri on Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:07 am

eddie2, all those 5 points were fault of WPBRJ and his decisions. with your removing yourself you do not do harm to WPBRJ at all (he anyway wish that players who think opposite than him does not participate in "his" event).

you do harm to other 7 clans from Div4 to not be able play full event, and to other members of CL4 team who did their hard work to run this event. you should show some respect to all of them who are not guilty for WPBRJ's behaviour and his dictator ruling style (DJ Teflon, angola, Nicky15, tokle, benga, peanutsdad, merch313, alt1978.....) and at least finish this event. Think about it.
Major josko.ri

Postby eddie2 on Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:58 am

josko.ri wrote:eddie2, all those 5 points were fault of WPBRJ and his decisions. with your removing yourself you do not do harm to WPBRJ at all (he anyway wish that players who think opposite than him does not participate in "his" event).

you do harm to other 7 clans from Div4 to not be able play full event, and to other members of CL4 team who did their hard work to run this event. you should show some respect to all of them who are not guilty for WPBRJ's behaviour and his dictator ruling style (DJ Teflon, angola, Nicky15, tokle, benga, peanutsdad, merch313, alt1978.....) and at least finish this event. Think about it.

josko look at what you just said. there has been problems about how this has been handled since day 1. a couple of clans have raised concerns with no resolve i do respect the effort of the others involved but like what was said to me on sign up any disrespect shown to any other clans or other things aka would be removed. well since day one 1 organiser has shown disrespect to players and clan leaders in posts and responses and by what he said this is a cla event so cla should of removed the problem which obviously they are not going to do because they would have done it by now.. these other members who are polite in responses and don't victimise certain members should of got together and told him to stay out and work behind the scenes or removed him. if the clans that have been treated like this remove themselves then maybe they will step up appologise for his actions and get him working behind the scenes or remove him from the organiser position. like this present issue i had i did not involve him he was added to the convo by another organiser if he stayed out there would of been no problem. but he had to get involved.. aka will stand that while his is dealing with the affairs of this cup we will not take part.. it is now time to make a stand against the way he is treating players wanting to play a fair and fun war. and if the other clans who feel the same way about the way they have been treated take the same action as aka then they might put a hold on things deal with the problem and invite them clans back. or do you guys want this hassle for the next 12 months while it is being run as it is.
Major eddie2

Postby Nicky15 on Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:22 am

Can we please stop this now.

As far as I can see there are only two people making a fuss here. The CL4 team are just that, a team. Decisions are made together. To repeatedly attack the guy who had decency to stand up and run an event for the good of the Clan world is not fair. There is not one man here but a team of decent fellows who have worked very hard, and unselfishly sacrificed time from their real lives, to do something for us. And they deserve respect for that. The event was never going to be flawless, decisions had to be made, and they were, the event has moved along swiftly, without unnecessary delay. Everyone is not going to agree with everything, that's life. I think the vast majority of clan members have enjoyed the league. And appreciate the hard work of the entire team.

Tempers are getting frayed and people are not reacting in the best way. Everyone is entitled to an opinion. But there is a way to get your point across without being insulting. No further personal attacks on any member of the team should be tolerated. Further suggestions and improvements are very welcome, please keep these positive and respectful. If you have already made a point once, there is no need to repeat it over and over again. It is here in black and white. And all suggestions will be considered moving forward into CL5.

It is a shame this seems to have escalated into unpleasantness, as good points/suggestions are getting lost amongst insults and nonsense.

I would like to draw a line under this now. So we can all move forward to next phase in good spirits, this is just making it unpleasant for everyone.
Major Nicky15

Postby Keefie on Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:31 am

Well said Nicky15 =D> =D>

I'd just like to add that myself and all of the members of the Headless Horsemen are fully behind the CL4 organising team and really apppreciate their efforts.

Well done guys =D> =D> =D>
Click image to enlarge.
Major Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Qwert on Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:19 pm

well im not in good relationship with eddie, and with WPBRJ im also not in good relationship(very unpleasant behavior in CLA against me)
But if these what eddie say are true,then someone put AKA in unfair possition and intentionaly want to AKA miss deadline to play All home random maps. But i dont know its these true or not, bouth side need to investigate these.

""3) the start date of phase 2 and aka being penalised for not producing home games when we did not recieve the pm all other clans did recieve""
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Nicky15 on Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:32 pm

qwert wrote:well im not in good relationship with eddie, and with WPBRJ im also not in good relationship(very unpleasant behavior in CLA against me)
But if these what eddie say are true,then someone put AKA in unfair possition and intentionaly want to AKA miss deadline to play All home random maps. But i dont know its these true or not, bouth side need to investigate these.

""3) the start date of phase 2 and aka being penalised for not producing home games when we did not recieve the pm all other clans did recieve""

This has been investigated and a member of AKA was indeed sent a pm. For one reason or another this pm was not shared with the other members of AKA.
Major Nicky15

Postby Bruceswar on Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:47 pm

Nicky15 wrote:
qwert wrote:well im not in good relationship with eddie, and with WPBRJ im also not in good relationship(very unpleasant behavior in CLA against me)

This has been investigated and a member of AKA was indeed sent a pm. For one reason or another this pm was not shared with the other members of AKA.

And there we have it folks ... Case Closed. CL4 moves on.

P.S. About clans being allowed to enter. I see no reason for them not to be. All is good in the clan world. Eddie, Josko, wpbjr and anybody else. .... give it a rest!
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby Great-Ollie on Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:30 pm

Keefie wrote:Well said Nicky15 =D> =D>

I'd just like to add that myself and all of the members of the Headless Horsemen are fully behind the CL4 organising team and really apppreciate their efforts.

+1 =D> =D>
Major Great-Ollie

Postby chemefreak on Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:59 pm

Great-Ollie wrote:
Keefie wrote:Well said Nicky15 =D> =D>

+1 =D> =D>

+2 =D> =D>
:twisted: ChemE :twisted:
братья в рукоятках
I ♥ ++The Legion++
Lieutenant chemefreak

Postby pearljamrox2 on Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:44 am

Nicky15 wrote:

=D> =D>
Major pearljamrox2

Postby eddie2 on Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:56 am

:-$ :-$ :-$
Last edited by eddie2 on Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Major eddie2

Postby pearljamrox2 on Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:00 am

good, I'm glad it all worked out. I was only expressing my happiness that there was no injustice.
Major pearljamrox2

PreviousNext

Return to Clan Archives