Conquer Club

After the first 6-8 Moves?

The SoC Training Academy and its Training Grounds provide basic training for new and old members looking to enhance their game strategy. "Train a Cook today, lose to a Sergeant tomorrow"

Moderator: Academy Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

After the first 6-8 Moves?

Postby Musoyama on Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:11 am

Okay I understand the first four moves...what happens next? One game I am in, everyone is pretty even, there is no clear advantage.

Game 10882536.

Do you just hang on, keep spread out, and see who starts to attack first after the spoils start going up?
Sergeant Musoyama

Re: After the first 6-8 Moves?

Postby lt.Futt on Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:41 am

Look for the weaker and start prepare for a target. Make sure the card math works for mid turn cash in and either continue for the next target or consolidate.
Major lt.Futt

Postby Musoyama on Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:06 pm

lt. Futt wrote:Look for the weaker and start prepare for a target. Make sure the card math works for mid turn cash in and either continue for the next target or consolidate.

Prepare a target...so I look for someone all my stacks are near enough to, and hope someone else doesn't take me out in the meantime?

I see some people are getting big stacks, there is already a BM in Oceania....so many things to consider!
Sergeant Musoyama

Postby Viceroy63 on Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:41 pm

Have you ever tried to build a house of cards? Well, if you have, you know that sooner or later it comes crashing down under it's own weight. That's the same reason why no one can build a skyscraper that goes out into space. Eventually it's own weight brings it down.

The same is true with these types of games. The card spoils eventually surpass the number of troops in the game making it possible for some one to bring the whole thing down. You just have to be ready for it in case you are the one who gets the opportunity to win the game, or avoid getting eliminated yourself.

The First four and five move are guides to help you get set up and the rest of the game is maintaining your set up. Move six and upward until the end are going for spoils cards because that is how you build up your troops, Your house of cards. If your troops are not growing then rest assure that you will become the weakest player in troop strength and some one will then eventually eliminate you from the game. So you have to keep going for the spoils.

Also as noted in the F4M, keep alert of the potential targets to eliminate and as Lt. Futt states, "Do the math!" Before you attempt to eliminate anyone, make sure that in the process you don't make yourself an easy target for some one else. But at round 05 you should not be too concerned with with that. Just keep alert and Build your stack. Happy hunting.

If you understand the strategy behind the F4M then you know what to do for the rest of the game. If you do not understand the strategy behind the F4M then go back and read them again. It covers even the BM's and what to do about them, which is nothing at all. Let them burn up their troops and the other players. But do stay out of their way if you can (That's from me). At round 05, it is still too early to worry about that.

Even though some games could be over by round 07 (with much incorrect play).

Last edited by Viceroy63 on Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
An Unproven Hypothesis; The Rise of Ignorance.
Ultimate Proof of Creation. Click the show tab below.
show
Major Viceroy63

Location: A little back water, hill billy hick place called Earth.

Postby Musoyama on Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:13 pm

Okay I think I can try that. Thanks for your patient and detailed answers!
Sergeant Musoyama

Postby Viceroy63 on Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:03 pm

We all began where you are now. There was a time when I could not even figure out what classroom I was in? :lol:

The thing is that we go through this process and figure it out as we go along. We are all here to help each other out. You have to do the hard work. The reading. :lol:

But afterwards you will see. Your rank will go up and so will your points and games won. Look at all the other threads in your Training field and learn from their mistakes as well. And read all that you can in the SoC forums. I also write for the Newsletter and share what little I know there. You should subscribe to it. Or click on the link below and just start reading...

viewtopic.php?f=430&t=168872
An Unproven Hypothesis; The Rise of Ignorance.
Ultimate Proof of Creation. Click the show tab below.
show
Major Viceroy63

Location: A little back water, hill billy hick place called Earth.

Postby Generick108 on Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:14 am

I always try to keep in mind to never be the one with the least amount of troops, so i try to take spoils from regions held by the second weakest player to make him more enticing if I look like the weakest link, but not enough to make him dead.
Sergeant 1st Class Generick108

Postby Iron Butterfly on Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:53 pm

Escalating on average will go between 9 to 12 rounds till someone sweeps up. That is with 6 players on classic.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Return to SoC Training Grounds