Conquer Club

BOB: automatic snapshot for fog games (on drop)

Have suggestion for a new or old tool/enhancement? Come on in!

Moderator: Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

BOB: automatic snapshot for fog games (on drop)

Postby BrigitteBardot on Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:29 pm

Something that I thought of today and that could solve an advantage that goes to players who go first in fog-games.

Fog games are all about knowing where you're opponents are based. When you play a fog game with several opponents, there is a big disadvantage when you are one of the later players in the game. The first player gets a notification, sees the map and starts attacking. By the time you start playing several of your troops might have disappeared already and you don't have the same information as the first player had.

If it would be possible for BOB to have a setting in which it automatically takes a snapshot in chat before the first drop, everybody (with BOB) would have the same information.

Is it useable? Is it feasible? Has it been suggested before? -> let me know, BB!
Sergeant 1st Class BrigitteBardot

Re: BOB: automatic snapshot for fog games (on drop)

Postby ender516 on Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:09 pm

This is a little beyond BOB's capabilities, I think. It would require some sort of tool which watched to see when the game was initialized (RSS feed, perhaps?), then loaded the page and triggered BOB's snapshot function.
Sergeant 1st Class ender516

Postby deantursx on Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:51 pm

I agree that this would be awesome...but I doubt its doable. A possible alternative would be to make a setting where both players have 24 hours to say they're ready before the game starts. It'd be like a manual drop, but without dropping anyone.

Highest Score: 3047 - 2/11/13
Major deantursx

Postby ender516 on Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:18 pm

I believe that a grace period at the start of fog games has been proposed in the Suggestions forum.
Sergeant 1st Class ender516

Return to Tools Suggestions