Conquer Club

Spectate option for fog of war games

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Re: Lift Fog of War for eliminated players

Postby Missoula Mayhem on Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:48 am

I like this option because it is just that, an option for the administrator to choose.
Cadet Missoula Mayhem

Postby shieldgenerator7 on Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:16 pm

Um... no. I don't want the fog to be lifted for eliminated players. They should just have to wait till end game. Even players who aren't in that particulary fog game can't see the board if it's still active. I don't think this is a really good idea. Though I would be interested in being able to see the other team's chat log after the game had finished.
Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to defeat all evil. -Ephesians 6 KJV

My Smiley: ( :) ) --- it's got SHIELDS!

everywhere116 wrote:You da man! Well, not really, because we're colorful ponies, but you get the idea.
Sergeant shieldgenerator7

Postby greenoaks on Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:25 pm

shieldgenerator7 wrote:Um... no. I don't want the fog to be lifted for eliminated players. They should just have to wait till end game. Even players who aren't in that particulary fog game can't see the board if it's still active. I don't think this is a really good idea. Though I would be interested in being able to see the other team's chat log after the game had finished.

i would too
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby Mr_Adams on Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:55 pm

greenoaks wrote:
shieldgenerator7 wrote:Um... no. I don't want the fog to be lifted for eliminated players. They should just have to wait till end game. Even players who aren't in that particulary fog game can't see the board if it's still active. I don't think this is a really good idea. Though I would be interested in being able to see the other team's chat log after the game had finished.

i would too

NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! What if you and your team mates make crude jokes in private chat?!? Terrible idea!
Captain Mr_Adams

Postby tennischamp5 on Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:05 pm

Mr_Adams wrote:
greenoaks wrote:

i would too

NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! What if you and your team mates make crude jokes in private chat?!? Terrible idea!

Agreed, i'd rather the stupid stuff i stay in team chat stays private haha.
Captain tennischamp5

Postby greenoaks on Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:34 pm

Mr_Adams wrote:
greenoaks wrote:

i would too

that is mostly why i think it would be fun to see
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby shocked439 on Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:57 pm

Missoula Mayhem wrote:I like this option because it is just that, an option for the administrator to choose.

quixote71 wrote:Concise description:
  • As an option for friendly games, eliminated players are allowed to see the entire board.

Specifics/Details:
  • When creating the game, the moderator can reveal the entire map to eliminated players.
  • Right now, eliminated players see a map and log of question marks, which is no fun if you want to analyze the end game.
  • Clearly, this would only work in friendly games in which you could trust the eliminated not to share info with survivors.

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • Friends are more likely to choose CC over other sites if they can enjoy watching each other die.

What are the odds these are the same player?

Two nr's same thread agreeing with the idea? Sounds like you just want to see the board in your eliminated account so you can have advantage in your account that still alive. Great idea to encourage multiple accounts.
Sergeant shocked439

Postby Metsfanmax on Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:40 pm

It's probably just one of the friends he mentioned earlier.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby Victor Sullivan on Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:05 pm

This is definitely a no-no:

Red eliminates me, I'm pissed, so I reveal all of his positions in the game chat. Fog broken, game broken.

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby TheForgivenOne on Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:11 pm

Sorry, this won't be happening. There is too much risk for abuse that could happen if the fog was lifted if you were eliminated.

Rejected
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby Metsfanmax on Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:14 pm

Victor Sullivan wrote:This is definitely a no-no:

Red eliminates me, I'm pissed, so I reveal all of his positions in the game chat. Fog broken, game broken.

-Sully

Sure that's possible, but the point of restricting to private games is that presumably you're only going to be playing with people who you know wouldn't do that to you.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby SirSebstar on Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:32 am

Victor Sullivan wrote:This is definitely a no-no:

-Sully

VS, you can still lie, so you loose less points if is a standard game. And also you will most likely get foed and rated for doing such a thing. then its up to people to play with you
Major SirSebstar

Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011

Postby yourientete on Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:54 am

TheForgivenOne wrote:Sorry, this won't be happening. There is too much risk for abuse that could happen if the fog was lifted if you were eliminated.

Rejected

I fully agree with this. But I think there's something in the idea of "friendly games", ie games where all players friend each other.
Corporal yourientete

Re: Spectate option for fog of war games

Postby bjbrochu on Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:25 pm

It would be nice that once a player is eliminated, the automatically become a "spectator" and can continue to watch the game unfold with "fog of war" removed.
Sergeant 1st Class bjbrochu

Postby IcePack on Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:29 pm

This just opens up so many avenues for abuse.

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby MoB Deadly on Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:14 pm

blakebowling wrote:do you mean that PM's still get through

or that there are other ways to cheat??

You would have to restrict wall postings, and clan members can just do it in their private forums. I am pretty sure some people use like AIM to chat and stuff too. Removing fog, although nice for the casual players, would get abused very quickly

Edit:.......... just realized this was a thread from 2008 :oops: I was tricked by the replies
Art by: codierose | High Score: 2550
Corporal 1st Class MoB Deadly

Previous

Return to Archived Suggestions