Conquer Club

[Foe] Foe As Partner

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

[Foe] Foe As Partner

Postby GeneralRisk on Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:23 pm

Concise description:
  • add a feature that allows you to foe others from only joining as your partner in games, but allows them to join as your opponent in games

Specifics/Details:
  • see above

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • makes site more enjoyable
Major GeneralRisk

Re: Add a feature to foe

Postby redhawk92 on Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:03 pm

sounds good to me
Captain redhawk92

Postby SimplyObsessed on Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:21 pm

GeneralRisk wrote:How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:

What would make the site more enjoyable would be if people like you didn't foe people for stupid reasons :)

Easiest way to get around this is the invite feature.
Corporal 1st Class SimplyObsessed

Postby Falkomagno on Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:53 pm

SimplyObsessed wrote:

What would make the site more enjoyable would be if people like you didn't foe people for stupid reasons :)

Invite feature is not available for fremium members
Sergeant Falkomagno

Location: Even in a rock or in a piece of wood. In sunsets often

Postby SimplyObsessed on Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:55 pm

Falkomagno wrote:
SimplyObsessed wrote:

Invite feature is not available for fremium members

Then theres another incentive to get them to pay :)

Postby GeneralRisk on Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:37 pm

SimplyObsessed wrote:

Maybe you think I do it for stupid reasons. I think I do it for valid reasons. In your case I foed you for cheap tactics. After you joined one of my nuke games you would not end your turn as to not get a card. I foe any pussy ass motherfucker that does that in my games.(with the exception of fellow Clan members} Have a good day.
Major GeneralRisk

Postby codeblue1018 on Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:15 pm

GeneralRisk wrote:
SimplyObsessed wrote:

Maybe you think I do it for stupid reasons. I think I do it for valid reasons. In your case I foed you for cheap tactics. After you joined one of my nuke games you would not end your turn as to not get a card. I foe any pussy ass motherfucker that does that in my games.(with the exception of fellow Clan members} Have a good day.

So very classy, then again..... :roll:
Lieutenant codeblue1018

Postby GeneralRisk on Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:09 pm

codeblue1018 wrote:
GeneralRisk wrote:
SimplyObsessed wrote:

So very classy, then again..... :roll:
Ty Mr. 3.2
Major GeneralRisk

Postby SimplyObsessed on Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:34 pm

GeneralRisk wrote:
SimplyObsessed wrote:

That happened only once, because postman came to my door with parcel like i said in game chat.

Postby DoomYoshi on Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:53 am

That is a valid nuclear strategy. If you want to foe people over it, that's your business. However, I do support this option. I think a series of checkboxes:

can join as teammate
can join as opponent
can join clan/tournament games
posts are invisible
walls/pms are blocked

That way you can pick and choose different foe conditions for everyone. While I do support this, I don't think it is high priority for CC. A temporary work-around would be to unfoe a player so they join as your opponent. The best solution is to not foe people for small reasons.
â–‘â–’â–’â–“â–“â–“â–’â–’â–‘
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby GeneralRisk on Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:24 am

DoomYoshi wrote:That is a valid nuclear strategy. If you want to foe people over it, that's your business. However, I do support this option. I think a series of checkboxes:

can join as teammate
can join as opponent
can join clan/tournament games
posts are invisible
walls/pms are blocked

That way you can pick and choose different foe conditions for everyone. While I do support this, I don't think it is high priority for CC. A temporary work-around would be to unfoe a player so they join as your opponent. The best solution is to not foe people for small reasons.
I know it is a strategy that is not against the rules. In my opinion, if everyone didnt card then there is absolutely no reason to play nuke games. So go ahead and use that strategy in one of my games and you more than likely will be suicided upon and foed.
Major GeneralRisk

Postby betiko on Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:55 am

i m ok with people not attacking to avoid getting an extra card, but attacking and waiting for the timer to end is just anoying and cheap tactics, mostly if the turns are 5 minutes.

back to the topic; i think it's not a bad idea.
Major betiko

Postby jgordon1111 on Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:30 am

Betiko do me a favor here tell GR what I say.

GR you have to set it for opponent in team games because if you let them join as your opponent,it would allow them in every other game you are in.

And I still apologise about that damn game,I asked the bug people about it no response as of yet.
Private jgordon1111

Postby GeneralRisk on Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:43 am

betiko wrote:i m ok with people not attacking to avoid getting an extra card, but attacking and waiting for the timer to end is just anoying and cheap tactics, mostly if the turns are 5 minutes.

back to the topic; i think it's not a bad idea.
I never foed anyone for not attacking, except when they are on my dub team in a esc game and refuse to attack.
Major GeneralRisk

Postby GeneralRisk on Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:52 am

jgordon1111 wrote:Betiko do me a favor here tell GR what I say.

GR you have to set it for opponent in team games because if you let them join as your opponent,it would allow them in every other game you are in.

And I still apologise about that damn game,I asked the bug people about it no response as of yet.
I really dont remember exactly what I foed you over. I do know it was not for cheap tactics. I think you are a nice person. I dont believe that we make a good dubs team on the classic map. If the new foe option was in place I would use it in your case. ..........(I hope that all the people I have foed do not reply in this thread because it will become a Zoo.)
Major GeneralRisk

Postby jgordon1111 on Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:14 pm

GeneralRisk wrote:

I really dont remember exactly what I foed you over. I do know it was not for cheap tactics. I think you are a nice person. I dont believe that we make a good dubs team on the classic map. If the new foe option was in place I would use it in your case. ..........(I hope that all the people I have foed do not reply in this thread because it will become a Zoo.)

Thanks GR appreciate it. I missed the critical first turn,and it cost us any chance of winning.
Private jgordon1111

Postby GeneralRisk on Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:34 pm

jgordon1111 wrote:
GeneralRisk wrote:

Thanks GR appreciate it. I missed the critical first turn,and it cost us any chance of winning.
If thats the only reason I foed you then I may have acted too harshly. I removed you from foe.
Major GeneralRisk

Postby jgordon1111 on Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:49 pm

Thanks appreciate it,GR.
Private jgordon1111

Postby rhp 1 on Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:05 pm

what does this flaming and then kissing and making up have to do with the feature proposed....lol... i'm not a big fan of controlling who you play... I don't even like the foe feature all that much, but I understand it has it's place... so no, not a big fan of this idea....
Lieutenant rhp 1

Location: IF YOU HAVE NO CLUE WHAT YOU'RE DOING, IT IS BEST TO DO IT....... QUICKLY

Postby rdsrds2120 on Mon May 14, 2012 4:55 pm

rhp 1 wrote:what does this flaming and then kissing and making up have to do with the feature proposed....lol... i'm not a big fan of controlling who you play... I don't even like the foe feature all that much, but I understand it has it's place... so no, not a big fan of this idea....

Seriously guys. Go make-up your foe business somewhere else. Stay on topic, peeps.

-rd
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

Postby squishyg on Mon May 14, 2012 5:32 pm

The only addition we need to the foe feature is preventing people who've foed you from joining your games. Other than that, y'all need to chill with the foeing. If you can't remember why you foed someone, they shouldn't be on your list. If you want to play with someone, they shouldn't be on your foe list.
There is no fog rule and I am no gentleman.
Robinette wrote:
Kaskavel wrote:Seriously. Who is the female conqueror of CC?

Depends on what metric you use...
The coolest is squishyg
Captain squishyg

Postby Woodruff on Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:43 pm

squishyg wrote:The only addition we need to the foe feature is preventing people who've foed you from joining your games.

I'm going to presume that you mis-worded that...did you instead mean to prevent people whom you've foed from joining your games?
If so...It's only been accepted as a suggestion for nearly five years...what's your hurry, squishyg?

And I'm sure you meant "correction" or "fix" rather than "addition".

(Otherwise...yeah, I pretty much agree with you...)
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby squishyg on Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:39 pm

Woodruff wrote:
squishyg wrote:The only addition we need to the foe feature is preventing people who've foed you from joining your games.

I'm going to presume that you mis-worded that...did you instead mean to prevent people whom you've foed from joining your games?
If so...It's only been accepted as a suggestion for nearly five years...what's your hurry, squishyg?

And I'm sure you meant "correction" or "fix" rather than "addition".

(Otherwise...yeah, I pretty much agree with you...)

Oh Woody, yours is a dry wit with a subtle hint of elderberries.
There is no fog rule and I am no gentleman.
Robinette wrote:
Kaskavel wrote:Seriously. Who is the female conqueror of CC?

Depends on what metric you use...
The coolest is squishyg
Captain squishyg

Postby jltile1 on Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:53 pm

This actually is a great idea. Beacuse it would allow us speed players the option to not foe someone that is just not a good team mate or you both don't play well together. Someone that joins your game then misses a turn or plays bad so you think you foe them. Now if it were a option you could foe them from playing on your team. I think GR is really just talking about team games.

I recently foed a player who is a decent player we had the lead and a easy win and he left the game to never show up or even tell me what happened. I would not care if they joined against me but will never want them on my team again.
Major jltile1

Return to Archived Suggestions