Magyarország [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderators: Cartographers, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Unification [22/4] Version 3 pg 1.

Postby DiM on Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:00 am

unifercation?
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (10)
Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (3)

Postby koontz1973 on Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:20 am

DiM wrote:unifercation?

Thanks DiM. :oops:

Same as what happened with Rorke's Drift but at least someone caught it early. Will change it today along with the names.
Sergeant 1st Class koontz1973
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant

Medals: 116
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (10) General Achievement (13) Clan Achievement (5) Map Contribution (12)
Tournament Contribution (31) General Contribution (9)

Postby Oneyed on Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:45 am

koontz1973 wrote:Hungary toyed with Fascism afterwards but never went that way; much. Fascism in Hungary came around a lot later.

I did not say that Hungarian Empire was fascist. just idea about instauration of it has fascist hue ;)

Oneyed
Sergeant 1st Class Oneyed

Medals: 11
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)

Postby koontz1973 on Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:09 am

Just the word fascist around here can get a map binned, :P , lets try to stick to the current era please. ;)

Next draft here.
Changed the 2 spelling mistakes for the title and polish territ.
Added in some forests as mountains look bland on there own.
Fixed some issues with the legend.

Oneyed, I am going to leave the 2 polish territs where they are. As this is your region, can you give me names for any part of that region that you would be happy with. I have merged some of the counties for size and GP reasons. Did not really want another Romania or split it up like Hungary.
Click image to enlarge.
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant

Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (10) General Achievement (13) Clan Achievement (5) Map Contribution (12)

Re: Unification [22/4] Version 4 pg 2.

Postby Gillipig on Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:10 am

I was wondering when you were going to make a Hungary map koontz. Guess now is the answer :)!
May I suggest changing the title to "Unification Hungary - Treaty of Trianon" to make it easier to understand what the map is about.

I''m far from history unknowledgable and I didn't know what Treaty of Trianon was about or what country Trianon lies in, so i can imagine most players won't.
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (6) Tournament Contribution (3)

Postby nolefan5311 on Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:28 am

Can I suggest a little more contract in the greens and browns for us colorblind folks? The "minimap" bonus explanations do help quite a bit, but it still throws me off a little. Have you thought about making it similar to the Unification Germany and Italy maps? I'm sure Industrial Helix would give you permission to use the design, and it seems the bonus structures in those maps are similar to what you're trying to do here.

Also, the paragraph on the left needs a little work. Might I suggest something like this...

"Post WWI Europe lay in ruin. As a result of the Treaty of Trianon, the Hungarian Empire is reduced to 28% of its pre-war size. Unify Hungary once more." Something like that provides a little more information on exactly what happened (as Gillipig indicated in his post, this isn't a particularly well known outcome of WWI). Just a suggestion :)
Major nolefan5311

Medals: 109
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (29) General Achievement (5)
Clan Achievement (12) Map Contribution (4) Tournament Contribution (12) General Contribution (4)

Postby koontz1973 on Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:46 am

Sent IH a quick PM about the title and colours. If he agrees, then will go this way to a certain point. No point trying to copy him completely as they are his maps and this is mine. But I like the ideas guys, please keep them coming.
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant

Re: Unification [27/4] Version 5 pg 2.

Postby koontz1973 on Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:33 am

Click image to enlarge.

A lighter tone. :D

TO do list.
Names still need to be checked but most if not all are correct. ;)
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant

Postby Gillipig on Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:46 am

koontz1973 wrote:Sent IH a quick PM about the title and colours. If he agrees, then will go this way to a certain point. No point trying to copy him completely as they are his maps and this is mine. But I like the ideas guys, please keep them coming.

Any news from Industrial?
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (6) Tournament Contribution (3)

Postby koontz1973 on Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:49 am

Gillipig wrote:
koontz1973 wrote:Sent IH a quick PM about the title and colours. If he agrees, then will go this way to a certain point. No point trying to copy him completely as they are his maps and this is mine. But I like the ideas guys, please keep them coming.

Any news from Industrial?

He said yes to it, but when it came to drawing it, I sort of went of on a tangent which did not work, started again and tried to copy his design a lot more. In the end, I just could not bring myself with enthusiasm to get it done. ;) As I said, they are his maps and for the life of me, trying to copy someone's work does not inspire me to do good work. :-s Just look at the 4 maps further advanced than this one. Not one is a copy and all are different. :D The final map may not end up like this, it may take a lot of time before some thing strikes me as genius (only Rorke's Drift stayed the same throughout), but till that time, I will plod on with this as is as I am happy with it so far. :P
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant

Re: Unify ??? [27/4] Version 5 pg 2.

Postby Pirlo on Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:10 am

Cool map.. but I like its own graphic on your signature more.. dark colors just don't appeal to me.
Colonel Pirlo

Medals: 112
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (15) General Achievement (9) Clan Achievement (7) Training Achievement (1)
Tournament Contribution (26) General Contribution (2)

Re: Magyar [28/4] Version 6 pg 2.

Postby koontz1973 on Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:46 am

Found my Mojo. Hope you like. ;)
Click image to enlarge.
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant

Postby Pirlo on Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:14 am

yes this is better!
Colonel Pirlo

Medals: 112
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (15) General Achievement (9) Clan Achievement (7) Training Achievement (1)
Tournament Contribution (26) General Contribution (2)

Postby koontz1973 on Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:05 am

Thanks Pirlo, it was getting too dark. Now it is back on track.
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant

Postby nolefan5311 on Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:25 pm

I like it a lot koontz. Well done.
Major nolefan5311

Medals: 109
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (29) General Achievement (5)
Clan Achievement (12) Map Contribution (4) Tournament Contribution (12) General Contribution (4)

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas