Conquer Club

[CC3] - 3rd Annual Conqueror's Cup! -- TOFU wins!

Finished challenges between two competitive clans.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [CC3] Third Annual Conqueror's Cup! - Now Starting!!

Postby IcePack on Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:26 am

Agreed w freak, set a schedule. If they aren't communicating and getting games out onetime it should be punitive, not hampering game choices in certain rounds.

IcePack

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Chariot of Fire on Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:24 am

Agree. 21 game forfeit for both clans ;-)
Highest position #5 (18 Nov 2010) General 4,380pts (11 Dec 2010)
Brigadier Chariot of Fire

Postby IcePack on Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:43 am

Chariot of Fire wrote:Agree. 21 game forfeit for both clans ;-)

Sure if they are that late / uncoordinated u don't want them to continue in the event anyway. Kort gets a bye.

But it doesn't need to be missed deadline = all forfeits, 1 day 1 game 2 days 2 games etc

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Chuuuuck on Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:36 am

I agree no advantage is given by forcing all teams to do it. If you send your games at same time, they may send your strong maps at the same time you do. Plus, I have been on both sides of planning wars, I don't think many people realize a map is one someone else likes and then decides to not send it. If they are sending it as a home game, they obviously think they are good at it as well and welcome playing on it again.

I don't foresee any advantages whatsoever. But my opinion really doesn't matter. I really don't care if his drags out forever. I would like to hear others opinions. The tournament represents everyone's best interest.

Only thing I can say, if you keep your quads in the last match and we keep a strict schedule, then your own games drawing out will only hurt yourself in preparing for the next war if you wait on any of those games to decide the war.
Captain Chuuuuck

Postby Chuuuuck on Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:41 am

The more I think about it, quads aren't necessarily the problem... but they are a bigger part of the problem. Some quads games end quickly while others take forever. But at the same time there are a handful of triples games that last forever too.
As I said, I don't care that much, I welcome others opinions. But I foresee some people having to turn around and get ready for a war just days after a winner is decided in the last one if Round 3 games are drawing out.
Captain Chuuuuck

Postby IcePack on Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:47 am

If the war is already decided and a few games drag out its no biggie to work on next war. If it hasn't been decided / going down to the last game, you won't even know if ur moving on / advancing so putting in the time and effort into a war that you might not be involved in could be rather silly.

I think ultimately a schedule for the play ins should be put in place for future, so the rest of the event can move at a good pace. (or playin be smaller, as more than likely the play in team will get murdered by #1 anyway).

The rest of the event should have a schedule, however reason and logic needs to be used. If its undecided etc and the next round is schedule to begin, clearly that can't be enforced.

IcePack

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby benga on Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:52 am

Round of 32
1st Round Games Sent - Sunday, May 20, 2012

Am I missing anything here????
Sergeant benga

Postby IcePack on Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:03 pm

benga wrote:Round of 32

Play in has to get finishe before he can "make" kort first round of games required.
Everyone else will likely have started or completed 1 or both rounds by then, but the play in controls Kort / winner timeline.

IcePack

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby ljex on Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:23 pm

Chariot of Fire wrote:
it's not rocket science Si, we all do it

Not Empire, apparently.

Well to be fair, we do research on other clans and play to their week points/our strong points...or at least where we perceive the greatest difference amongst the 2 to lie.
Major ljex

Postby benga on Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:37 pm

IcePack wrote:

Play in has to get finishe before he can "make" kort first round of games required.
Everyone else will likely have started or completed 1 or both rounds by then, but the play in controls Kort / winner timeline.

IcePack

So you want to say, that n 20 days we will not know the winner or playin round?

Or the KORTs rd1 will take forever to finish?

Stop making panic guys where there's no room for panic.

Even with couple of days of delay, the Cup itself will not be harmed.
Sergeant benga

Postby IcePack on Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:58 pm

benga wrote:
IcePack wrote:

IcePack

So you want to say, that n 20 days we will not know the winner or playin round?

Or the KORTs rd1 will take forever to finish?

Stop making panic guys where there's no room for panic.

Even with couple of days of delay, the Cup itself will not be harmed.

....what? I'm not making a panic, I answered your question.Maybe I'm not understanding what your getting at correctly...

IcePack

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Leehar on Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:59 pm

benga wrote:Even with couple of days of delay, the Cup itself will not be harmed.

Thats exactly the Lethargy Chuck wants to tackle, but if it's all-prevailing and people don't mind, he's willing to accede to the greater consent among the masses?
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby niMic on Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:48 pm

It's a little bit ironic if our "reward" for #1 seed is having the pressure on us to finish our rounds quicker, and having less time between challenges.
Highest score: 3747
Highest rank: 17
General niMic

Postby Leehar on Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:09 pm

You also have the 'pressure' of starting your Cup Campaign possibly against the clan you sweeped 12-0 in CL4 Phase 1 ;)
Since the other option is a clan Tofu took 11-1, and considering we're actually playing a clan who beat tsm in the league, you're really not getting any sympathy from me for round 1 :P
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby grifftron on Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:10 pm

niMic wrote:It's a little bit ironic if our "reward" for #1 seed is having the pressure on us to finish our rounds quicker, and having less time between challenges.

Also ironic that your rival clan is running this tourney.. life goes on. GOOD JOB!
Major grifftron
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Denise on Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:31 am

niMic wrote:It's a little bit ironic if our "reward" for #1 seed is having the pressure on us to finish our rounds quicker, and having less time between challenges.

hmm, you don't like your reward? It's the thought that counts, you know. I guess we'll all have to try harder. I think Tammy said something about ordering a bunch of dead fish and practicing eye pokes to prepare The Legion for giving you your next reward. Maybe you'll like that better. Image
Colonel Denise

Postby niMic on Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:09 am

Leehar wrote:You also have the 'pressure' of starting your Cup Campaign possibly against the clan you sweeped 12-0 in CL4 Phase 1 ;)
Since the other option is a clan Tofu took 11-1, and considering we're actually playing a clan who beat tsm in the league, you're really not getting any sympathy from me for round 1 :P

Well, if we get beaten in round 1 I'll have the last laugh...!
General niMic

Postby freakns on Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:18 am

boo-fucking-hoo... like you cant beat any of two clans with your eyes closed in span of 5 days...

Leehar wrote:You also have the 'pressure' of starting your Cup Campaign possibly against the clan you sweeped 12-0 in CL4 Phase 1 ;)

oh, yes, you guys got the all mighty AKA, almost unbeatable clan. since its not started yet, what do you say you guys and TOFU change place? you were whining how our part of schedule isnt the hardest one, so im sure you will be delighted to have SOH in first round instead of unbeatable AKA, then easy ride against us or TFFS, and then when you done with two relatively easy battles, youd have easiest part against PACK in quarters. i mean, its not like you guys are gonna get blown away by 20 points again, if nothing statistics will be with you!

i cant believe all the whining from so called top clans. i cant wait to play against TOFU(if we somehow manage to beat TFFS). and i hope they share the excitement, because Si, Chuck, HA and others know me, know many from our clan, they know how good or bad we are. now, its gonna take us miracle to beat TOFU, we all know that, but at least games will be thrilling, which can not be said for every clan you are gonna face(including all mighty unstoppable forces, like AKA, MB, LOTZ...). so instead of crying how your part is the hardest, how CC is unfair to you, etc, etc, get on with the bloody wars already, beat easy opponents so you can enjoy the games against equal opponents.
Brigadier freakns

Postby jj3044 on Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:00 pm

:roll:

Lot of overcompensation in THIS thread!
Colonel jj3044

Postby pmchugh on Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:27 pm

freak wrote:
leehar wrote:

HAW, YOU TWO... SPLIT IT UP!
2009-08-12 03:35:31 - Squirrels Hat: MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!
2009-08-12 03:44:25 - Mr. Squirrel: Do you think my hat will attack me?
Major pmchugh

Postby niMic on Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:48 pm

freakns wrote:so instead of crying how your part is the hardest, how CC is unfair to you, etc, etc, get on with the bloody wars already, beat easy opponents so you can enjoy the games against equal opponents.

I'd like to get on with the bloody war already, except they've got to finish first.

We went over this.
General niMic

Postby BlackKnight_6 on Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:51 pm

Just a quick note to say that BlackKnight_6 will be taking over as main contact for TNC clan fromdazza2008. Will pm organiser as well.
Sergeant 1st Class BlackKnight_6

Postby pearljamrox2 on Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:36 pm

Please add TheProwler to our roster. Thanks!
Major pearljamrox2

Postby Chuuuuck on Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:30 am

grifftron wrote:
Also ironic that your rival clan is running this tourney.. life goes on. GOOD JOB!

I don't get the irony in this?

I noticed that the clan scene was lacking a true tournament years ago that everyone respected and truly enjoyed as a way to crown the best clan every year. So I took it upon my own shoulders to create it. I made the ultimate goal of the tournament to crown the best clan on the site, and to give a fair opportunity to every clan, from the lowest ranked to the highest rank, old clans or new clans (as long as 2 completed wars). It was optional for every single clan to join, yet nearly every single clan chose to join.

Anyone that thinks they can do a better job is welcome to start their own tournament and try to get everyone to play in it instead.
Captain Chuuuuck

Postby Foxglove on Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:31 am

Chuuuuck wrote:
grifftron wrote:

I don't get the irony in this?

I noticed that the clan scene was lacking a true tournament years ago that everyone respected and truly enjoyed as a way to crown the best clan every year. So I took it upon my own shoulders to create it. I made the ultimate goal of the tournament to crown the best clan on the site, and to give a fair opportunity to every clan, from the lowest ranked to the highest rank, old clans or new clans (as long as 2 completed wars). It was optional for every single clan to join, yet nearly every single clan chose to join.

Anyone that thinks they can do a better job is welcome to start their own tournament and try to get everyone to play in it instead.

Who would join it? We're all busy here in this tournament. :)
Brigadier Foxglove

PreviousNext

Return to Complete Challenges