The A-TEAM SPECIAL (I) Quad Tournament [KOA Knights Won!]

Tournaments completed in 2012.

Moderators: Tournament Directors, Global Moderators

Re: The A-TEAM SPECIAL (I) Quad Tournament [Round 1]

Postby CJ Lues on Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:42 am

Asbks is our first man out in A-Team Special (I)...! Sorry bud!

Well:
Asbks made A-Team Special History, as the first one to be eliminated ever in this Tournament series!
=D>

-CJ-
-CJ-
Lieutenant CJ Lues

Location: I love a good plan, and i just love it when a plan comes together!
Medals: 43
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (17)
Clan Achievement (2) Training Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (1)

Postby CJ Lues on Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:37 am

-CJ-
Lieutenant CJ Lues

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (17)

Postby CJ Lues on Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:04 am

A-T-S History update

First Game Won!

2012-04-08 05:11:32 - nicarus, happyfeet, tbayjosh, MegasWoman won the Game 10865040 =D>

-CJ-
Last edited by CJ Lues on Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
-CJ-
Lieutenant CJ Lues

Postby CJ Lues on Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:51 am

A-T-S History update

First team through to round 2!

2012-04-14 22:05:55 - Team KOA went through to round two =D>

-CJ-
-CJ-
Lieutenant CJ Lues

Postby GoranZ on Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:04 pm

Team KOA is marked as KAO in Draw Board... mostlikely a typo. If possible can you change it to KOA.
Even a little kid knows whats the name of my country... http://youtu.be/XFxjy7f9RpY

Thanks to whoever gifted me premium :)

Interested in clans? Check out the Fallen!
Brigadier GoranZ

Medals: 44
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (6) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (15)

Postby CJ Lues on Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:51 pm

GoranZ wrote:Team KOA is marked as KAO in Draw Board... mostlikely a typo. If possible can you change it to KOA.

Sure! Sorry about that mate! ;)

-CJ-
-CJ-
Lieutenant CJ Lues

Re: The A-TEAM SPECIAL (I) Quad Tournament [Results]

Postby CJ Lues on Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:37 am

CJ Lues wrote:Draw Board

Click image to enlarge.

The Trophy will "Light Up" when it is Conquered

Fixed mate! ;)

-CJ-
-CJ-
Lieutenant CJ Lues

Postby CJ Lues on Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:11 am

We are halfway with round one

Click image to enlarge.

-CJ-
-CJ-
Lieutenant CJ Lues

Postby CJ Lues on Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:35 am

The 1 game that are still active in Round 1:

The Fantastic Four vs Scooby Doo and The Mystery Crew .......Game 10865059

-CJ-
Last edited by CJ Lues on Thu May 03, 2012 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
-CJ-
Lieutenant CJ Lues

Postby CJ Lues on Thu May 03, 2012 4:44 am

We have all the teams for round 2 to start!

Click image to enlarge.

We are just waiting for one game to finish (if it keeps on to long I will start round 2 before, no rush guys, take your time ;) )
-CJ-
Lieutenant CJ Lues

Postby GoranZ on Wed May 09, 2012 10:21 am

CJ Lues wrote:We have all the teams for round 2 to start!

We are just waiting for one game to finish (if it keeps on to long I will start round 2 before, no rush guys, take your time ;) )

Is your update void?

CJ Lues wrote:Important update:
Premium and Freemium are allowed to join, but, you must have 3 open games if you are Freemium.
I will send out invites to all participants, I will only send out one invite, you have 24 hours to send me a PM, asking me for a second invite, if you fail to send me a PM within the time or miss the second invite, everyone will be forced to withdraw from the game and the other team will be granted that game's win!
Even a little kid knows whats the name of my country... http://youtu.be/XFxjy7f9RpY

Brigadier GoranZ

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (6) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (15)

Postby CJ Lues on Thu May 10, 2012 8:02 am

Your point GoranZ? :-s
-CJ-
Lieutenant CJ Lues

Postby CJ Lues on Sun May 13, 2012 5:58 am

Special Announcement!

Due to a Random error, there somehow instead of 8 teams going through to Round 2, we now have 9...! (Don't Panic, The A-Team is on it)

I have spent Hours trying to find the problem, but somehow due to the way I randomly selected the Teams to play together this happened. (I also had outside sources help me)

So, The A-Team hereby volunteers to step down from the A-Team Special (I) Because there is no easy way to get a winner from 9 Teams the way this tournament is run.

In summery.
Problem: 9 teams through to Round 2
Solution: The A-Team volunteers to withdraw from the Tournament
To prevent this in the future: I will divide the 16+ teams into four groups for Round 2 and two groups for Round 2, the two winners from each group will advance to the next Round.

Updated Draw board:
Click image to enlarge.

-CJ-
-CJ-
Lieutenant CJ Lues

Postby GoranZ on Sun May 13, 2012 1:29 pm

CJ Lues wrote:Your point GoranZ? :-s

Summer vacations, my premium runs out, just to mention few :lol:

CJ Lues wrote:Due to a Random error, there somehow instead of 8 teams going through to Round 2, we now have 9...! (Don't Panic, The A-Team is on it)

I have spent Hours trying to find the problem, but somehow due to the way I randomly selected the Teams to play together this happened. (I also had outside sources help me)

Are you sure that 2 teams advanced from every group in round 1. I bet that from one group u have 3 teams advancing ;)
CJ Lues wrote:The best out of 3 games will advance to the next round (For example, if you win 2 or 3 out of 3 games you are through to the next round. So if you win 1 or 0 out of 3, your team is eliminated)

And the problem is in my question... what if 3 teams have 2 victories :)... btw this happened in one of the groups :D

CJ Lues wrote:So, The A-Team hereby volunteers to step down from the A-Team Special (I) Because there is no easy way to get a winner from 9 Teams the way this tournament is run.

I dont agree with your(or your outside sources) solution about the issue... I will propose something else instead(since invites are already sent etc...). As far as I noticed only best 2 teams go in next round so does it really matter if one of the groups has 4 and the other has 5 teams in it? Its less drastic measure then one team to quit.
On top even statistically teams from both groups will have equal odds for advancing.

Personally I rather play 1 more game then other team to play 4 games less. IDK what other teams think but I bet that my teammates will agree with me.

Brigadier GoranZ

Postby macbone on Mon May 14, 2012 2:25 am

Weren't these games supposed to be foggy?
Major macbone
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Location: Looking out over Victoria Harbor, thinking about Middle Earth and how good my wife looks
Medals: 81
Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (8)
General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (10) Training Achievement (2) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (2)

Postby CJ Lues on Mon May 14, 2012 4:18 am

macbone wrote:Weren't these games supposed to be foggy?

Yes they should have... :oops:
Sorry you guys, this is the "test" for the future Successful A-Team Specials...

still trying to get the hang of all the things!

-CJ-
-CJ-
Lieutenant CJ Lues

Re: The A-TEAM SPECIAL (I) Quad Tournament [Round 2]

Postby CJ Lues on Mon May 14, 2012 2:29 pm

Commencing:

Keep an eye on the Draw Board
-CJ-
Lieutenant CJ Lues

Postby chapcrap on Mon May 14, 2012 7:50 pm

If the games should be foggy, they should probably be remade and the sunny games shouldn't count.

And you should really have a different solution than kicking your team out of the tournament. A tiebreaker of some kind.
Major chapcrap

Medals: 167
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (31)
General Achievement (16) Clan Achievement (16) Training Achievement (6) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (34)

Postby CJ Lues on Tue May 15, 2012 2:25 am

chapcrap wrote:If the games should be foggy, they should probably be remade and the sunny games shouldn't count.

Yes that is the right thing to do. Objections anyone?

chapcrap wrote:And you should really have a different solution than kicking your team out of the tournament. A tiebreaker of some kind.

Believe me, it is not that easy!

-CJ-
-CJ-
Lieutenant CJ Lues

Postby agentcom on Tue May 15, 2012 2:43 am

It's a tough call. On the one hand, an error in the creation of the tournament should probably go against the drafter if possible AND if there aren't any better solutions. Here, I don't really see a better solution as there were no tiebreaker criteria beforehand. Can you think of a tiebreaker criteria that doesn't hurt the remaining teams unfairly? I can think of 2 tiebreaker criteria that could be used and both of them could unfairly hurt another team. First, is a playoff among the 2-1 teams. I believe this is unfair because it (1) prolongs the tournament for everyone else and (2) hurts teams that may have taken less care after going 2-0 and "knowing" they made it through to the next round. The second criterion that I've seen used in this type of tournament is a total number of rounds played standard. This rewards you for quick kills and/or slow losses. But again, a team may have played a slower grind-it-out game to ensure the victory, but might have taken more chances had they known this was how ties would be broken.

In the end, I commend CJ for making that tough call. I think it's the exact right call that a TO should make in this situation. A less honorable TO might have tried to arrange the tiebreaker criteria in a way that would have benefited his team.

Hats off, sir.
Colonel agentcom

Medals: 71
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (13) General Achievement (7)
Clan Achievement (8) General Contribution (2)

Postby CJ Lues on Tue May 15, 2012 7:29 am

Thank you Agentcom :)

I did consider all those options but turned them down for all the reasons you mentioned (the unfair ones)...

This happened because I did not now I had to divide the teams in groups and let the best 2 of each group advance to the next round, so I just randomly placed the 16 teams against each other... So technically it's my fault. I learned that the hard way...!
Luckily I have an awesome team that understands...!

-CJ-
-CJ-
Lieutenant CJ Lues

Postby chapcrap on Tue May 15, 2012 9:24 am

Tiebreakers aren't that hard... Slowing the tournament a little is fine.

And agent saying that people took it easy because they were 2-0 is just silly. Who doesn't still try to win?

I don't care if you kick your team out. It that's what you want to do, you can. But, you should have a tiebreaker in place.

Also, I declined an invite to a sunny game...again. I'll wait for the foggy games.
Major chapcrap

Medals: 167
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (31)
General Achievement (16) Clan Achievement (16) Training Achievement (6) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (34)

Postby CJ Lues on Tue May 15, 2012 2:41 pm

Double Announcement!

#1 Due to requests I am going to remake the games of Round 2 into Fog games (sorry for any inconvenience), none of the Sunny games in Round 2 will count towards the final victory.

CJ Lues wrote:Important:
Premium and Freemium are allowed to join, but, you must have 3 open games if you are Freemium.
I will send out invites to all participants, I will only send out one invite, you have 24 hours to send me a PM, asking me for a second invite, if you fail to send me a PM within the time or miss the second invite, everyone will be forced to withdraw from the game and the other team will be granted that game's win!

*A-T-S History update

Due to this rule I now have to eliminate Mystery Inc from the Tourney. One of they're players heatz didn't exempt his two invitations (he seems he has vanished from CC! :-s )

Because we now only have 7 teams in round 2, I allow The A-Team back in the A-Team Special (I).

-CJ-
Last edited by CJ Lues on Fri May 18, 2012 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
-CJ-
Lieutenant CJ Lues

Postby agentcom on Tue May 15, 2012 2:43 pm

And everything works out in the end! I guess that's some good karma heading back your way CJ
Colonel agentcom

Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (13) General Achievement (7)

Postby agentcom on Tue May 15, 2012 5:56 pm

chapcrap wrote:
And agent saying that people took it easy because they were 2-0 is just silly. Who doesn't still try to win?

I never said we don't try to win. I said "take less care."

I'm just talking about how people balance priorities. I'm in several games with these folks across several tournaments. If we were 1-1 in a series and knew that advancing depended on winning that game, I would spend more time on that game making sure that I made the exact right move. Same thing, say, if we were in a finals match. And I would expect my teammates to do the same.

In a perfect world, every teammate would seriously scrutinize every move in every game. But people have other things going on and may speed through a casual game, if they're running out the door or trying to go to sleep.

Do you seriously treat all games equally? If so, that's pretty impressive. I try to, but if we've already advanced in a tournament round, I'm not going to be as likely to PM my teammates for advice--not when there are several other games that I'd rather they pay close attention to.
Colonel agentcom

PreviousNext

Return to Completed 2012