Island of Doom

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Island of Doom [20.Feb.12] - V15 - p1&13

Postby koontz1973 on Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:30 am

DiM wrote:
chapcrap wrote:
DiM wrote: new world has a 2 terit bottle neck too.

I don't have a problem with Doom, but I don't think this is true. Where is said bottle neck?


mapuche 5 + aztec 9
hold all of south america and you can simply protect it from those 2 terits.

You forgot the two ports which makes it 4 territs to hold.
Sergeant 1st Class koontz1973
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant
 
Posts: 7538
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:57 am
Medals: 116
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (10) General Achievement (13) Clan Achievement (5) Map Contribution (12)
Tournament Contribution (31) General Contribution (9)

Re: Island of Doom [20.Feb.12] - V15 - p1&13

Postby DiM on Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:39 am

oops 8-[
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Image
User avatar
Major DiM
 
Posts: 10554
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:20 pm
Location: making maps for scooby snacks
Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (10)
Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (3)

Re: Island of Doom [20.Feb.12] - V15 - p1&13

Postby zimmah on Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:48 pm

classic has several bottlenecks too, it only requires you to hold several continents, so usually by the time you hold that, the game is over anyway. (for example when you hold both Asia and Oceania, or Both Americas, or even Europe and Africa).

bottlenecks don't have to be bad per se, they add a bit of fun to the game, otherwise it'd be too symmetric.
Image
owenshooter wrote:i disagree with you and i'm right!

Een van de Veroveraars der Lage Landen
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class zimmah
 
Posts: 1634
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:43 pm
Location: VDLL
Medals: 43
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (4) Map Contribution (4)

Re: Island of Doom [20.Feb.12] - V15 - p1&13

Postby swimmerdude99 on Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:48 pm

I don't mind this map at all. In fact I love it as is and hope it remains that way. WELL done sir
Image

High Score: 2992
User avatar
Major swimmerdude99
 
Posts: 1095
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:07 pm
Location: North Carolina
Medals: 87
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (14)
General Achievement (9) Clan Achievement (8) Tournament Contribution (1)

Re: Island of Doom [20.Feb.12] - V15 - p1&13

Postby swimmerdude99 on Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:47 pm

However... I do have another comment... There really is no incentive whatsoever to take the volcano to win the game, because the military base comes with a 1+ autodeploy... maybe you should have something similar on the valcanoe? or maye make it a 3 nuetral instead of 5...
Image

High Score: 2992
User avatar
Major swimmerdude99
 
Posts: 1095
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:07 pm
Location: North Carolina
Medals: 87
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (14)
General Achievement (9) Clan Achievement (8) Tournament Contribution (1)

Re: Island of Doom [20.Feb.12] - V15 - p1&13

Postby zimmah on Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:08 pm

location plays a factor too.
Image
owenshooter wrote:i disagree with you and i'm right!

Een van de Veroveraars der Lage Landen
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class zimmah
 
Posts: 1634
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:43 pm
Location: VDLL
Medals: 43
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (4) Map Contribution (4)

Re: Island of Doom [20.Feb.12] - V15 - p1&13

Postby DiM on Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:17 pm

zimmah wrote:location plays a factor too.

qft
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Image
User avatar
Major DiM
 
Posts: 10554
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:20 pm
Location: making maps for scooby snacks
Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (10)
Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (3)

Re: Island of Doom [20.Feb.12] - V15 - p1&13

Postby TheRedSnifit on Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:18 pm

swimmerdude99 wrote:However... I do have another comment... There really is no incentive whatsoever to take the volcano to win the game, because the military base comes with a 1+ autodeploy... maybe you should have something similar on the valcanoe? or maye make it a 3 nuetral instead of 5...


Actually, I think it'd be the opposite. The base is harder to take, considering how you have to go through several killer neutrals to get to it, and has no additional bonuses aside from the auto-deploy. Keep in mind that you can only assault in one direction from it, so the extra troop will likely be defense-exclusive.
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class TheRedSnifit
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:45 pm
Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1)

Re: Island of Doom [20.Feb.12] - V15 - p1&13

Postby TheRedSnifit on Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:21 pm

Also, the military base is geographically one-sided. Players in the north only have one "infected" area to go through, while everyone else has to go through three or four.
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class TheRedSnifit
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:45 pm
Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1)

Re: Island of Doom [20.Feb.12] - V15 - p1&13

Postby AndyDufresne on Tue May 01, 2012 10:27 am

TheRedSnifit wrote:
swimmerdude99 wrote:However... I do have another comment... There really is no incentive whatsoever to take the volcano to win the game, because the military base comes with a 1+ autodeploy... maybe you should have something similar on the valcanoe? or maye make it a 3 nuetral instead of 5...


Actually, I think it'd be the opposite. The base is harder to take, considering how you have to go through several killer neutrals to get to it, and has no additional bonuses aside from the auto-deploy. Keep in mind that you can only assault in one direction from it, so the extra troop will likely be defense-exclusive.


In the games I've played, people have been more likely to go after the Military Base than Volcano, so far.


--Andy
User avatar
Corporal AndyDufresne
Retired Administrator
 
Posts: 25355
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:22 pm
Location: A Banana Palm in Zihuatanejo
Medals: 20
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) General Achievement (4) General Contribution (2)

Re: Island of Doom [20.Feb.12] - V15 - p1&13

Postby swimmerdude99 on Wed May 02, 2012 11:49 pm

TheRedSnifit wrote:
swimmerdude99 wrote:However... I do have another comment... There really is no incentive whatsoever to take the volcano to win the game, because the military base comes with a 1+ autodeploy... maybe you should have something similar on the valcanoe? or maye make it a 3 nuetral instead of 5...


Actually, I think it'd be the opposite. The base is harder to take, considering how you have to go through several killer neutrals to get to it, and has no additional bonuses aside from the auto-deploy. Keep in mind that you can only assault in one direction from it, so the extra troop will likely be defense-exclusive.


No it really isn't harder to take... one troop harder... but valcanoe comes with no bonus, so why try for it in any scenario?
Image

High Score: 2992
User avatar
Major swimmerdude99
 
Posts: 1095
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:07 pm
Location: North Carolina
Medals: 87
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (14)
General Achievement (9) Clan Achievement (8) Tournament Contribution (1)

Re: Island of Doom [20.Feb.12] - V15 - p1&13

Postby DiM on Thu May 03, 2012 6:51 am

swimmerdude99 wrote:
No it really isn't harder to take... one troop harder... but valcanoe comes with no bonus, so why try for it in any scenario?


it's ok as it is now. from the games i've looked at and played there's a pretty balanced share of people going for the volcano or the base. it's hugely dependent on game settings and number of players.
for example in a trench game most people will avoid the base and go just for the volcano.
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Image
User avatar
Major DiM
 
Posts: 10554
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:20 pm
Location: making maps for scooby snacks
Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (10)
Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (3)

Re: Island of Doom [20.Feb.12] - V15 - p1&13

Postby AndyDufresne on Thu May 03, 2012 8:45 am

DiM wrote:
swimmerdude99 wrote:
No it really isn't harder to take... one troop harder... but valcanoe comes with no bonus, so why try for it in any scenario?


it's ok as it is now. from the games i've looked at and played there's a pretty balanced share of people going for the volcano or the base. it's hugely dependent on game settings and number of players.
for example in a trench game most people will avoid the base and go just for the volcano.

Really? In the trench games I've played, we have went for the base & base area over the volanco! But we could be the anomaly.


--Andy
User avatar
Corporal AndyDufresne
Retired Administrator
 
Posts: 25355
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:22 pm
Location: A Banana Palm in Zihuatanejo
Medals: 20
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) General Achievement (4) General Contribution (2)

Re: Island of Doom [20.Feb.12] - V15 - p1&13

Postby chapcrap on Thu May 03, 2012 3:05 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:
DiM wrote:
swimmerdude99 wrote:
No it really isn't harder to take... one troop harder... but valcanoe comes with no bonus, so why try for it in any scenario?


it's ok as it is now. from the games i've looked at and played there's a pretty balanced share of people going for the volcano or the base. it's hugely dependent on game settings and number of players.
for example in a trench game most people will avoid the base and go just for the volcano.

Really? In the trench games I've played, we have went for the base & base area over the volanco! But we could be the anomaly.


--Andy

I have to agree with Andy. It seems like you're arguments aren't backed up from what I have seen.
Image
User avatar
Major chapcrap
 
Posts: 9579
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:46 am
Location: Kansas City
Medals: 167
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (31)
General Achievement (16) Clan Achievement (16) Training Achievement (6) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (34)

Re: Island of Doom [20.Feb.12] - V15 - p1&13

Postby zimmah on Fri May 04, 2012 8:28 am

chapcrap wrote:
AndyDufresne wrote:
DiM wrote:
swimmerdude99 wrote:
No it really isn't harder to take... one troop harder... but valcanoe comes with no bonus, so why try for it in any scenario?


it's ok as it is now. from the games i've looked at and played there's a pretty balanced share of people going for the volcano or the base. it's hugely dependent on game settings and number of players.
for example in a trench game most people will avoid the base and go just for the volcano.

Really? In the trench games I've played, we have went for the base & base area over the volanco! But we could be the anomaly.


--Andy

I have to agree with Andy. It seems like you're arguments aren't backed up from what I have seen.


Game 10922123
Image
owenshooter wrote:i disagree with you and i'm right!

Een van de Veroveraars der Lage Landen
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class zimmah
 
Posts: 1634
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:43 pm
Location: VDLL
Medals: 43
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (4) Map Contribution (4)

Re: Island of Doom [20.Feb.12] - V15 - p1&13

Postby AndyDufresne on Fri May 04, 2012 9:37 am

Maybe the above is the anomaly! haha. :D

I'll continue to play around.


--Andy
User avatar
Corporal AndyDufresne
Retired Administrator
 
Posts: 25355
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:22 pm
Location: A Banana Palm in Zihuatanejo
Medals: 20
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) General Achievement (4) General Contribution (2)

Re: Island of Doom

Postby thenobodies80 on Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:18 pm

              Quenching

---The Beta period has concluded for the Island of Doom Map. All objections have had their time. The Foundry and I hereby brand this map with the Foundry Brand. Let it be known that this map is now ready to be released into live play.

Congratulations DiM and Zimmah, your shiny new medals are well-earned =D>


Conquer Club, enjoy!
              Image

thenobodies80

Give every man your ear, but few thy voice. Take each man's censure, but reserve thy judgment.
show
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class thenobodies80
 
Posts: 5558
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:30 am
Medals: 70
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Bot Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
General Achievement (8) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (6) General Contribution (17)

Re: Island of Doom

Postby nolefan5311 on Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:37 pm

Congrats DiM
Image
User avatar
Major nolefan5311
 
Posts: 1644
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:51 am
Location: Florida
Medals: 113
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (5)
Clan Achievement (12) Challenge Achievement (1) Map Contribution (4) Tournament Contribution (13) General Contribution (4)

Re: Island of Doom

Postby zimmah on Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:40 pm

nice :)
Image
owenshooter wrote:i disagree with you and i'm right!

Een van de Veroveraars der Lage Landen
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class zimmah
 
Posts: 1634
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:43 pm
Location: VDLL
Medals: 43
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (4) Map Contribution (4)

Re: Island of Doom

Postby agentcom on Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:48 pm

I know this is out of beta, but I've now been in two games where someone suggested a fort or attack from Mus to Qua. No one caught that those two weren't connected. I don't know what it is about those two territs, but for some reason they look connected at least to my sample of me and maybe 5 teammates. Does anyone else have this problem?

2012-05-05 04:29:18 - emporium [team]: I thought there was a link from mus to qua
2012-05-07 14:39:57 - agentcom [team]: emp, I did too

2012-08-11 12:03:13 - Benzorrr [team]: f*ck i cant fort into your bonus
2012-08-11 12:03:18 - Benzorrr [team]: looked at the map wrong
2012-08-11 12:42:43 - agentcom [team]: I have made that mistake, too. Same territs different game. And didn't catch it here either. I don't know why I think they're connected.
Image
User avatar
Colonel agentcom
 
Posts: 3882
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:50 pm
Medals: 71
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (13) General Achievement (7)
Clan Achievement (8) General Contribution (2)

Re: Island of Doom

Postby DiM on Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:01 pm

i honestly have no idea why you'd think those are connected.
the paths are very clear and there's obviously no path there.

anyway, this problem should be gone once my maps are removed so no point worrying about it.
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Image
User avatar
Major DiM
 
Posts: 10554
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:20 pm
Location: making maps for scooby snacks
Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (10)
Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (3)

Re: Island of Doom

Postby IcePack on Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:01 pm

agentcom wrote:I know this is out of beta, but I've now been in two games where someone suggested a fort or attack from Mus to Qua. No one caught that those two weren't connected. I don't know what it is about those two territs, but for some reason they look connected at least to my sample of me and maybe 5 teammates. Does anyone else have this problem?

2012-05-05 04:29:18 - emporium [team]: I thought there was a link from mus to qua
2012-05-07 14:39:57 - agentcom [team]: emp, I did too

2012-08-11 12:03:13 - Benzorrr [team]: f*ck i cant fort into your bonus
2012-08-11 12:03:18 - Benzorrr [team]: looked at the map wrong
2012-08-11 12:42:43 - agentcom [team]: I have made that mistake, too. Same territs different game. And didn't catch it here either. I don't know why I think they're connected.


I'm not sure why you and the others think its connected. I dont have any troubles seeing that they aren't.
IcePack
Image
12:11:16 ‹Swifte› good thing we have the beta program to weed all these problems out
12:15:00 * IcePack joins Social
12:15:35 ‹Swifte› well that's just bad timing
User avatar
Captain IcePack
Beta Tester Extraordinaire
Beta Tester Extraordinaire
 
Posts: 6090
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:42 pm
Location: California
Medals: 98
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (9)
General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (15) Challenge Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (11) General Contribution (10)

Re: Island of Doom

Postby AndyDufresne on Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:17 am

Yeah, they are near each other, and I can see why someone might think they are connected, but I think it is pretty clear on the map.


--Andy
User avatar
Corporal AndyDufresne
Retired Administrator
 
Posts: 25355
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:22 pm
Location: A Banana Palm in Zihuatanejo
Medals: 20
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) General Achievement (4) General Contribution (2)

Re: Island of Doom

Postby agentcom on Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:36 pm

Yeah, both times it has happened, I've felt like an idiot. I just thought I'd throw it out there and see if it was a widespread perception. But apparently it's just me :oops:
Image
User avatar
Colonel agentcom
 
Posts: 3882
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:50 pm
Medals: 71
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (13) General Achievement (7)
Clan Achievement (8) General Contribution (2)

Re: Island of Doom

Postby ManBungalow on Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:11 pm

Can we redo this thread but without the Supersize stamp?

Even the small map image doesn't fit on my screen in a game and the regions are so far apart.

:cry:
Image
User avatar
Colonel ManBungalow
 
Posts: 3314
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:02 am
Location: On a giant rock orbiting a star somewhere
Medals: 84
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (2)
General Achievement (10) Clan Achievement (12) Tournament Contribution (3) General Contribution (6)

Previous

Return to The Atlas

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Login