Conquer Club

Conquer Cup III

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Conquer Cup III

Postby lackattack on Tue May 01, 2012 12:44 pm

Conquer Cup III

The Conquer Cup III is open for registration!

Based on the positive feedback we've received on Conquer Cup II, we're using the same format for this third iteration of our signature mega-tournament. In other words, there will be a second chance round once again. For every game in round 1, the winner advances to round 3 and the losers play each other again in round 2. Anyone who wins in round 2 gets to advance to round 3. In short, you are guaranteed a second chance and double the action!

Conquer Cup III will have 640 participants, first come first served. There is a small entry fee, but you can get in for free by earning Conquer Credits. There are lots of prizes and awards including Conquer Cup super achievement medals and a grand prize of the all new Apple iPad3 going to the winner!

The Conquer Cup is fully automated, which means the games will automatically be created and players will be automatically matched and placed into games.

Who will succeed rutty as our reigning Conquer Cup champion??? Visit the Conquer Cup page, under the Game Menu on the left, to take a stab at it!

Teammate Spoils

We've enhanced the listing of your teammate's spoils to put a spoil in brackets if it is owned by your teammate. Thanks to Conchobar for suggesting this!

Invites & Foes

Players on your foes list will no longer be able to send you game invitations. Thanks to BoganGod for reporting this issue!
Sergeant lackattack

Re: Conquer Cup III

Postby drunkmonkey on Tue May 01, 2012 2:45 pm

The teammate spoils enhancement is much appreciated - thanks.
Major drunkmonkey

Postby Keredrex on Tue May 01, 2012 2:56 pm

AWESOME... can't wait for it to begin..

Is there any possibility of a Conquer TEAM Cup in the future?
Sergeant 1st Class Keredrex

Postby AndyDufresne on Tue May 01, 2012 2:57 pm

Keredrex wrote:AWESOME... can't wait for it to begin..

Is there any possibility of a Conquer TEAM Cup in the future?

We are exploring different formats for future Conquer Cups, definitely. As for Team specifically, we'll just have to see!

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby lewisbordoff on Tue May 01, 2012 3:02 pm

Is there any way to know when conquer club 3 will start?
Sergeant 1st Class lewisbordoff

Postby AndyDufresne on Tue May 01, 2012 3:04 pm

lewisbordoff wrote:Is there any way to know when conquer club 3 will start?

There sure is: http://www.conquerclub.com/player.php?mode=settings

And then make sure "It's my opening turn in a Conquer Cup game (by email)" is checkmarked!

--Andy

Postby IcePack on Tue May 01, 2012 3:10 pm

GL my bitches

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby chapcrap on Tue May 01, 2012 3:11 pm

I was hoping for a different setup for CC3, but using the same setup will give lack more time to code other things. That pleases me.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby AndyDufresne on Tue May 01, 2012 3:17 pm

chapcrap wrote:I was hoping for a different setup for CC3, but using the same setup will give lack more time to code other things. That pleases me.

We'll pursue different formats / set-ups for future Cups, but we wanted to find a nice solid set-up before we started mixing in other formats. This format performed quite well for CC2, so we wanted to try it again for CC3 since the advent of the second chance round proved to be popular (in fact, CC2's winner needed it!)

At least with CC3, the prize has been upgraded! :D

--Andy

Postby Lindax on Tue May 01, 2012 5:56 pm

Didn't play in CC II, what's the set-up? Bracket, map(s),settings, etc., etc.?

Shouldn't that be posted here? Or are we all supposed to know the set-up?

I did participate in the first one and after I signed up it changed from 6 player games to 5 player games. I want to know what I'm getting into this time.

Lx

PS: Are the "additional" things mentioned site updates that have nothing to do with the Conquer Cup? If so, you should post them in a separate topic....
"Winning Solves Everything" - Graeko
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby AndyDufresne on Wed May 02, 2012 8:34 am

Lindax wrote:Didn't play in CC II, what's the set-up? Bracket, map(s),settings, etc., etc.?

I did participate in the first one and after I signed up it changed from 6 player games to 5 player games. I want to know what I'm getting into this time.

Lx

You can visit the Conquer Cup to get a look at the settings and format: http://www.conquerclub.com/player.php?mode=cup1

PS: Are the "additional" things mentioned site updates that have nothing to do with the Conquer Cup? If so, you should post them in a separate topic....

As usual, multiple update items are combined into a single topic with a headline. :)

--Andy

Postby Lindax on Wed May 02, 2012 9:14 am

AndyDufresne wrote:
Lindax wrote:Didn't play in CC II, what's the set-up? Bracket, map(s),settings, etc., etc.?

Lx

You can visit the Conquer Cup to get a look at the settings and format: http://www.conquerclub.com/player.php?mode=cup1

Oops, didn't see that, thanks.

AndyDufresne wrote:

As usual, multiple update items are combined into a single topic with a headline. :)

--Andy

Now I know why I miss so many updates. Can't Lack put something like "Conquer Cup III, etc.", or "Conquer Cup III & Other Updates"?

This really looks like an announcement for the CC III, not a general update thread....

Lx
"Winning Solves Everything" - Graeko
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby Ace Rimmer on Wed May 02, 2012 9:39 am

Lindax wrote:
AndyDufresne wrote:

--Andy

Now I know why I miss so many updates. Can't Lack put something like "Conquer Cup III, etc.", or "Conquer Cup III & Other Updates"?

This really looks like an announcement for the CC III, not a general update thread....

Lx

Agreed, the only reason I clicked on this topic was to see what Lx wrote here. I don't care about the Conquer Cup, I wouldn't have known about the updates otherwise.
Lieutenant Ace Rimmer

Postby Sniper08 on Wed May 02, 2012 11:16 am

Remove the banner its getting annoying , put something on the menu if u have to advertise for the CC
Colonel Sniper08
SoC Training Adviser

Postby lackattack on Wed May 02, 2012 11:53 am

Click on the link to the Conquer Cup and the banner will go away ;)
Sergeant lackattack

Postby reptile on Wed May 02, 2012 1:44 pm

am i correct in assuming we will receive a pm once this is set to start?
Major reptile

Postby AndyDufresne on Wed May 02, 2012 2:01 pm

reptile wrote:am i correct in assuming we will receive a pm once this is set to start?

On the Game Settings page, if you have this checked, you will receive an e-mail: "It's my opening turn in a Conquer Cup game (by email)"

--Andy

Postby reptile on Wed May 02, 2012 3:05 pm

Thanks Andy, but i was more talking about when it is full and we have to join our games. Unless you guys just automatically throw us in the games yourselves lol.
Major reptile

Postby AndyDufresne on Wed May 02, 2012 3:11 pm

reptile wrote:Thanks Andy, but i was more talking about when it is full and we have to join our games. Unless you guys just automatically throw us in the games yourselves lol.

You are automatically joined in your games...so don't worry about that! Everything is automated with the Conquer Cup, as mentioned on the main Conquer Cup page:

* You are automatically placed into your games - so sit back, play, and win
* Games are created every hour, but you may have to wait for enough other advancing players before your next game is created

--Andy

Postby reptile on Wed May 02, 2012 3:15 pm

Thanks Andy, not sure how i missed that.
Major reptile

Postby Mr_Adams on Wed May 09, 2012 12:39 am

So am I able to have 5 games all the time as long as 1 is Conquer Cup? :D

Edit: I was already in 4 when the cup started, now I'm in 5. I'm just wondering if I'll be able to join another when one finishes in the next couple days.
Captain Mr_Adams

Postby AndyDufresne on Thu May 10, 2012 8:54 am

Mr_Adams wrote:So am I able to have 5 games all the time as long as 1 is Conquer Cup? :D

Edit: I was already in 4 when the cup started, now I'm in 5. I'm just wondering if I'll be able to join another when one finishes in the next couple days.

I believe that if you have 4 games when you want to join the Conquer Cup, you aren't 'penalized' and can join the Cup. If one of your non-Cup active games drops off, and you're back down to 4 games (3 regular and 1 Cup game), then that is when the Cup counts toward your active game limit.

--Andy

Postby Mr_Adams on Thu May 10, 2012 2:40 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:
Mr_Adams wrote:So am I able to have 5 games all the time as long as 1 is Conquer Cup? :D

I believe that if you have 4 games when you want to join the Conquer Cup, you aren't 'penalized' and can join the Cup. If one of your non-Cup active games drops off, and you're back down to 4 games (3 regular and 1 Cup game), then that is when the Cup counts toward your active game limit.

--Andy

Alright. Since it's a P2P game, in the future, they should be made not to count against the game limit. At least IMHO.
Captain Mr_Adams

Postby chapcrap on Thu May 10, 2012 3:57 pm

Mr_Adams wrote:
AndyDufresne wrote:

--Andy

Alright. Since it's a P2P game, in the future, they should be made not to count against the game limit. At least IMHO.

This. If you're paying to play, it should definitely not count against the game limit.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby IcePack on Thu May 10, 2012 5:05 pm

Agreed w above post(s)

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Next

Return to Announcement Archives