Conquer Club

Conquer Cup III

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Conquer Cup III

Postby Gilligan on Thu May 10, 2012 7:31 pm

It does not count towards the 4 games.
Captain Gilligan

Postby Mr_Adams on Thu May 10, 2012 8:55 pm

Gilligan wrote:It does not count towards the 4 games.

Oh, good. I was hoping. I would have found out somewhere in the next couple of days anyways :P
Captain Mr_Adams

Postby IcePack on Fri May 11, 2012 10:48 am

I thought account sitting was forbidden...from conquer cup tab:

"Account sitting is forbidden in Conquer Cup games"

Is this actually enforced?

Game 11066866 2012-05-09 20:52:33 - shoop76: friesus for shoop

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby chapcrap on Fri May 11, 2012 11:04 am

IcePack wrote:I thought account sitting was forbidden...from conquer cup tab:

Hmm, I didn't know it was against the rules to account sit. I played against people who had sitters in CCII
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby trinicardinal on Fri May 11, 2012 11:15 am

chapcrap wrote:

Hmm, I didn't know it was against the rules to account sit. I played against people who had sitters in CCII

Its against the rules... If brought to the attention of the relevant mods it normally means a warning for the first offense... more serious action thereafter
10:16:35 ā€¹Ace Rimmerā€ŗ haven't looked at work in ages
10:42:43 ā€¹Sackett58ā€ŗ fine, I'll take my panties elsewhere
Captain trinicardinal

Postby IcePack on Fri May 11, 2012 11:19 am

It's clearly written on the info tab.

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby shoop76 on Fri May 11, 2012 1:21 pm

I see it clearly says it so I will take whatever consequences deemed appropriate, not that it states what those are. Obviously, however, something needs to be done with the account sitting sitting. If fries would have just taken my turn without saying anything no one would have known. Who knows how often this happens.
Major shoop76
Tournament Commissioner
Tournament Commissioner

Postby Mr_Adams on Fri May 11, 2012 1:28 pm

chapcrap wrote:

In my game, there was a player who had a round 1 account sitter. I figured since it took months for the game to start, and the games joined automatically, I wasn't going to bother with it. I mean, there was no warning for these games to start. if you secured your spot when the tournament was announced, you can't have been expected to have plans 3 months in advance.
Captain Mr_Adams

Postby shoop76 on Fri May 11, 2012 1:44 pm

Looking back it obviously wasn't enforced in other CC II. So we have a rule, but no stated punishment and one that hasn't been enforced in the past.
Major shoop76
Tournament Commissioner
Tournament Commissioner

Postby IcePack on Fri May 11, 2012 1:46 pm

shoop76 wrote:I see it clearly says it so I will take whatever consequences deemed appropriate, not that it states what those are. Obviously, however, something needs to be done with the account sitting sitting. If fries would have just taken my turn without saying anything no one would have known. Who knows how often this happens.

I got nothing against you. And I completely 100% agree - had he just taken a ten without posting no one would know. That's partly why I'm asking - why have a rule if it's not actively being checked in all the games for "sitting" or others not posting.

Either remove the stupid rule or enforce it, or I won't be supporting this new "feature tournament".

Thanks,
IcePack

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby IcePack on Fri May 11, 2012 1:47 pm

shoop76 wrote:Looking back it obviously wasn't enforced in other CC II. So we have a rule, but no stated punishment and one that hasn't been enforced in the past.

Yes the was the other reason I posted. It says it's forbidden but no details as to what happens?
The murkiest clearly stated rule I've ever seen.

IcePack

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby denominator on Sat May 12, 2012 12:58 pm

I ran into this issue in CCII where a clanmate covered my turn because I didn't get there in time. I received a warning and statement that further offences would result in stricter consequences.

I'm fine with this system - however, the only reason I received a warning was because I brought it forward that I had broken the rules. There are way too many ways to not get caught for this (intentionally or unintentionally) and given the wording of the rule, I would expect there to be more stringent guidelines relating to catching and punishing the violators.
Lieutenant denominator

Postby IcePack on Sat May 12, 2012 4:34 pm

denominator wrote:I ran into this issue in CCII where a clanmate covered my turn because I didn't get there in time. I received a warning and statement that further offences would result in stricter consequences.

I'm fine with this system - however, the only reason I received a warning was because I brought it forward that I had broken the rules. There are way too many ways to not get caught for this (intentionally or unintentionally) and given the wording of the rule, I would expect there to be more stringent guidelines relating to catching and punishing the violators.

Agreed, if its not actively enforced why is there a rule to begin with? And to many ways to get around it...am now realizing i shouldn't have spent $5 on this.

icePack

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby ad10r3tr0 on Mon May 14, 2012 12:00 am

Nice, first round win by myself :D
Cook ad10r3tr0

Postby EagleofGreenErth on Mon May 14, 2012 11:11 pm

Really kinda lame how a lot of these games are won purely based on whether you are automated to take your turn directly after a moron.
Corporal 1st Class EagleofGreenErth

Postby TheForgivenOne on Tue May 15, 2012 2:00 am

IcePack wrote:
shoop76 wrote:I see it clearly says it so I will take whatever consequences deemed appropriate, not that it states what those are. Obviously, however, something needs to be done with the account sitting sitting. If fries would have just taken my turn without saying anything no one would have known. Who knows how often this happens.

I got nothing against you. And I completely 100% agree - had he just taken a ten without posting no one would know. That's partly why I'm asking - why have a rule if it's not actively being checked in all the games for "sitting" or others not posting.

Either remove the stupid rule or enforce it, or I won't be supporting this new "feature tournament".

Thanks,
IcePack

How do you expect us to enforce it? Do you want the Hunters/C&A mods to check all 128 games (That's how many are in teh first round) every day to make sure nobody say in the games? Because for someone like me, who's connection has diminished greatly, would take ages. Kinda like expecting us to enforce SD in games... instead of having the users report it to us.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby Rowney on Tue May 15, 2012 3:35 am

is there a 'conquer cup' league or is it a table format ? where do i go to see recent conquer cup results? In short how does this whole thing work?
Captain Rowney

Postby chapcrap on Tue May 15, 2012 11:58 am

TheForgivenOne wrote:
IcePack wrote:

Thanks,
IcePack

How do you expect us to enforce it? Do you want the Hunters/C&A mods to check all 128 games (That's how many are in teh first round) every day to make sure nobody say in the games? Because for someone like me, who's connection has diminished greatly, would take ages. Kinda like expecting us to enforce SD in games... instead of having the users report it to us.

It either has to be enforced or removed, doesn't it?
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby IcePack on Tue May 15, 2012 1:38 pm

TheForgivenOne wrote:
IcePack wrote:

Thanks,
IcePack

The users can only report what they see. If no one types "sitting for blah blah" then we the players can't report anything, can we?
For a PAID event, I expect the rules to be enforced. Yes, its inconvenient for you, the MH's. But there are things that I can not do from a players point of view.

And if your going to have the rule for an event, which people look at when paying for the event, then make sure its enforced! Otherwise have it follow standard site rules. Or make the event free. Just like a regular tournament, the written rules have to be enforced.

Another site I play on has a IP scan for each game. Something like that could be utilized for this event, so that you dont have to use your slow connection to check each game. For those of us who sign up, scans on IP for this game can be done to ensure BOB's IP didn't play on JOES turn without writing anything in chat while babysitting, or throw up a red flag to those who "oversee" to take a look. Just an idea, not saying its the solution.

IcePack

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby General Roy on Tue May 15, 2012 3:17 pm

Game 11066787
I ended up as the overall winner.
Atom1: I've lost my electrons! Atom2: Are you sure? Atom1: Yes I'm positive
TODAY IS THE OLDEST YOU'VE EVER BEEN, YET THE YOUNGEST YOU'LL EVER BE, SO ENJOY THIS DAY WHILE IT LASTS.
Sergeant 1st Class General Roy

Postby lackattack on Wed May 16, 2012 10:00 am

After discussing the Conquer Cup "no account sitting" rule with my fellow admins, we agreed that it is causing more problems than it solves. We are going to scrap this rule for all future Conquer Cups, and deal with any real abuse if it happens.

But we can't change things in the middle of a cup so the "no account sitting" rule will remain for the rest of Conquer Cup III. We feel that we are enforcing this rule as best as is reasonable. If you don't agree with how it is enforced, please rest assured that everyone who has been told to stop sitting has stopped, there have been no reports of actual cheating or abuse beyond errant sitting, and this will not even be an issue in the future.
Sergeant lackattack

Postby IcePack on Wed May 16, 2012 10:52 am

Thank you for the clarification / change.
IcePack

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby HighlanderAttack on Thu May 17, 2012 5:27 am

Seems to me professionals should be running such a small tourney :D
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit.
Lieutenant HighlanderAttack

Postby Mr_Adams on Thu May 17, 2012 5:24 pm

lackattack wrote:After discussing the Conquer Cup "no account sitting" rule with my fellow admins, we agreed that it is causing more problems than it solves. We are going to scrap this rule for all future Conquer Cups, and deal with any real abuse if it happens.

But we can't change things in the middle of a cup so the "no account sitting" rule will remain for the rest of Conquer Cup III. We feel that we are enforcing this rule as best as is reasonable. If you don't agree with how it is enforced, please rest assured that everyone who has been told to stop sitting has stopped, there have been no reports of actual cheating or abuse beyond errant sitting, and this will not even be an issue in the future.

We appreciate the update. :D When can we start buying in to CCIV?

How were 3 people eliminated in round one? That's what the stats on the "Conquer Cup" page say
Captain Mr_Adams

Postby AndyDufresne on Fri May 18, 2012 12:51 pm

Mr_Adams wrote:We appreciate the update. :D When can we start buying in to CCIV?

You can indeed pre-register for the next Conquer Cup, by either visiting the Conquer Cup and clicking on the 'Reserve your spot in advance' link, or visiting this one this link.

How were 3 people eliminated in round one? That's what the stats on the "Conquer Cup" page say

The eliminated in Round 1, are people that will eventually be slotted into the Second Chance Round. The eliminated thereafter, however, truly are eliminated!

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement Archives