Conquer Club

Trench Warfare

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Trench Warfare

Postby spiesr on Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:57 am

Bleed_Green wrote:I do not know if this has been answered but how does trench work for a Map like Lunar Wars.

Are you now limited to complete the objective since you cannot eliminate players any longer since attacking the base and forting there would end the move so you could not attack shuttles and would resort back to neutral next round?
Killer neutral territories are except from the trench rules. (You can attack through them.)
Captain spiesr

Postby chapcrap on Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:57 pm

spiesr wrote:
Bleed_Green wrote:I do not know if this has been answered but how does trench work for a Map like Lunar Wars.

Are you now limited to complete the objective since you cannot eliminate players any longer since attacking the base and forting there would end the move so you could not attack shuttles and would resort back to neutral next round?
Killer neutral territories are except from the trench rules. (You can attack through them.)

When he said 'except,' he meant exempt. You can attack through killer neutrals, like Babe in Baseball, Access Point in Das Schloss, and the bases in Lunar War.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Bleed_Green on Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:08 pm

That is what I figured but I was not willing to try it out lol..

Thanks everyone

Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day. Teach him to phish and he'll charge your credit card for lunch forever. ;)
Captain Bleed_Green

Postby gimli1990 on Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:20 am

after about a 2 years with this game option and getting tired of people not paying attention. :(

we have trench warfare

it is about time thanks lack best update ever =D> =D> =D>

:D
i love we finally got AA otherwise known now as trench YES!!!!!
Highest Score: Major 2329
Cook gimli1990

Postby AndyDufresne on Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:03 pm

It is great to see 118 players have earned at least their Bronze Trench Medal, with 9 players already at the Silver level...duking it out to see who first gets the Gold!

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby greenoaks on Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:54 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:It is great to see 118 players have earned at least their Bronze Trench Medal, with 9 players already at the Silver level...duking it out to see who first gets the Gold!

--Andy

and i still haven't played a single trench game
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby Viceroy63 on Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:00 pm

OliverFA wrote:Let's say that, as an example, red gets Australia in the Classic map. Green can still develop a plan to conquer another continent. Red still has an advantadge, but not a game won for sure.

Also remember that troops can't travel the full map in one turn. This is specially important if you use chained or adjacent reinforcements.

I'm pretty sure that this is the second time I read this entire thread but was not sure what to say the first time around as I was still learning all of this. But now I am sure. First I want to express that I am well pleased with this new setting. Especially now that I understand it. :lol:

Secondly; I believe that players who are having difficulty with this new setting and do not enjoy it as much, is because their strategy is the same and does not work as well in trench as in non trench games. The game strategy has to be different, it can not be the same.

This leads me to the quote. Just because Red gets Australia or Oceania does not mean Red has an advantage. Unless there are no spoils. This is the reason why I use spoils. It may mean a much longer game but makes the spoils and the attacks worth it. When the spoils are what we fight for then everyone has a more equal chance of winning. I would think? And in regards to those games that end in a "Draw" unlikely.

Also Australia has only a bottle neck contact which may or may not be good for defense but those regions that have more open spaces and avenues of attacks are the regions that offer the most opportunity for expansionism to take place and occur more frequently and not the bottle necks of the southern zones. I dare say that more of the attacks and the actions that lead to expansionism and world domination, will eventually begin in the Asia/European/African continents than in the Americas and Australia combined. I believe that most expansions that lead to world domination will begin in Asia/European/African tricontinents and finish up in the America's and Australia. Simply because of the more opportunities and avenues of attacks.

And finally; I agree with you OliverFA, in that who ever owns 75% of the troops AND 75% of the regions in the over all total of the game is the winner. After all if a player is tactically and strategically inclined to reach that point which is difficult to reach if we are honest about it, then he should just be declared the winner right there and then and the game should come to an automatic ending. To me that just seems natural for a trench game setting.

At least I can accept the fact that even if I have a set of spoils in hand (But so also must my opponent as well sooner or later) that in a trench setting that really does not do much to off balance the majority advantage. And a lot of people are not going to see that because in non trench games it may be possible to come back because of a timely sweep of regions that could change the advantage but no such sweep is possible in a trench game. So once both of those 75% conditions are met the game should end and the winner declared.
An Unproven Hypothesis; The Rise of Ignorance.
Ultimate Proof of Creation. Click the show tab below.
show
Major Viceroy63

Location: A little back water, hill billy hick place called Earth.

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:40 pm

lackattack wrote:Trench Warfare Medal

There is also a new achievement medal for Trench Warfare games, designed to portray the back and forth battle of trench fighting. To add an extra incentive to earn this medal quickly, we will give a free Conquer Cup III entry to a randomly selected player that has earned a bronze Trench Warfare Achievement by May 1st :P

Don't forget this! Looks like we have 175 users with at least a Bronze Medal!

--Andy

Postby AndyDufresne on Tue May 01, 2012 9:14 am

Congrats to 2007spaceodyssey for being randomly selected, from those who have achieved at least a Bronze Trench Medal, to receive 500 Conquer Credits which can be used toward entry into any Conquer Cup!

Congrats,

--Andy

Postby EagleofGreenErth on Tue May 08, 2012 4:08 am

looks like killface became the first to get gold
Corporal 1st Class EagleofGreenErth

Postby Arama86n on Sun May 13, 2012 7:37 am

Thank you Lack & team CC :!: :!:
This is in my opinion the most interesting change since I found CC years back. I'm bloody well gunna renew my premium again after next pay check, not because I have the time to have 20-60 games running any more, but just as a show of support for this awesome change!
I've always wanted to try what you guys have chosen to call Trench. Brilliant stuff!!!

=D> =D> =D> =D> :D =D> =D>
Major Arama86n

Postby QoH on Sun May 13, 2012 9:29 am

Viceroy63 wrote:
Secondly; I believe that players who are having difficulty with this new setting and do not enjoy it as much, is because their strategy is the same and does not work as well in trench as in non trench games. The game strategy has to be different, it can not be the same.

Here I disagree. Discounting all of my 1v1 doodle games just to get my medal kills (it's doodle, you can't use that as an example!), I find my multi player strategy is very much the same, and I'm out ahead in 1 of my games, and still in a position to win in both my other games. Sure, the buffer strategy comes into play a lot more, but there still isn't really a new strategy i've had to come up with. Maybe my normal strategy is different and lends itself more to trench than other people's strategies.
Please don't invite me to any pickup games. I will decline the invite.
Major QoH

Postby Quirk on Mon May 14, 2012 12:37 am

AndyDufresne wrote:I think Trench Warfare actually mimics the kind of gameplay I usually employ in my games anyways...haha.

--Andy

My sentiments exactly. Trench warfare is the best thing to happen to CC since I joined.
Image Image

"Zungguzungguguzungguzeng"
-Yellowman
pancakemix wrote:Quirk, you are a bastard. That is all.
Major Quirk

Postby Genaraln7 on Fri May 25, 2012 5:27 am

Wow great new feature i love it!!

GJ CC team and all those that helped make it! 8-) :P
Once these were fertile farmlands, soon your blood will make them fertile again.
Lieutenant Genaraln7

Postby eddie2 on Sat May 26, 2012 10:33 am

just a quick example for those who think you cannot come from behind in trench games...

i got a invite to this game from who knows didn't check it first.
http://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?game=11084232

my partner deadbeat the first 3 rounds leaving me alone to play 3 other teams but i came through and am going to win i think. just a pity that noob gets some valuable points for himself out of all my hard work.
Major eddie2

Postby usernamer on Sat May 26, 2012 3:35 pm

if you play Trench on Baseball, is it just a wait to see who deadbeats?
- /is it even possible to win another way?
Major usernamer

Postby QoH on Sat May 26, 2012 4:02 pm

Well, you can continue attacking through the killer neutrals, so no, you don't have to deadbeat.
Please don't invite me to any pickup games. I will decline the invite.
Major QoH

Postby eddie2 on Sat May 26, 2012 4:29 pm

usernamer wrote:if you play Trench on Baseball, is it just a wait to see who deadbeats?

if it is 1 v 1 what you do is wait 3 or 4 rounds then move out only advance 4 or 5 troups bluffing the other player to move all out. then you have attackers dice with your stack via his. ;)
Major eddie2

Postby benga on Sat May 26, 2012 6:03 pm

eddie2 wrote:
usernamer wrote:if you play Trench on Baseball, is it just a wait to see who deadbeats?

if it is 1 v 1 what you do is wait 3 or 4 rounds then move out only advance 4 or 5 troups bluffing the other player to move all out. then you have attackers dice with your stack via his. ;)

LOL why would the other player move all out?

eddie2 wrote:just a quick example for those who think you cannot come from behind in trench games...

i got a invite to this game from who knows didn't check it first.
http://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?game=11084232

my partner deadbeat the first 3 rounds leaving me alone to play 3 other teams but i came through and am going to win i think. just a pity that noob gets some valuable points for himself out of all my hard work.

When your mate deadbeated you didn't get behind, in fact you got a boost,
by holding 2 castles you were the hardest kill.
Sergeant benga

Previous

Return to Announcement Archives