Conquer Club

clan leagues

Abandoned challenges and other old information.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

clan leagues

Postby eddie2 on Wed May 16, 2012 12:59 pm

ok i have been thinking of this for some time and think this would be a good idea due to the size the clan world has got to. at present i think there are about 40 clans.

my idea is that we follow the football leagues split the clans into 4 divisions 3 top divisions having equal no's with the odd amount in the bottom. using one of the clan ranking systems to make the divisions 1 war starting on a set date of each month. all clans participate in this as it will be a ongoing thing each clan will play the all clans in there division once getting 3 points for a win 1 for a draw.

at the end of each season the top 2 clans of each division get awarded promotion to the next division up and bottom 2 drop to the division down 1 from them. if possible we also get some form of trophy medal for the winners of the top division.

any new clans that are made during a season get a auto start in the bottom division.

what do you guys think...
Lieutenant eddie2

Re: clan leagues

Postby IcePack on Wed May 16, 2012 1:11 pm

This is like a mix of qwert and the ICL, no?

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby eddie2 on Wed May 16, 2012 1:54 pm

it is like the icl yes but will be made up of a full war 42 games each month but what will be different from the icl is it will be a ongoing thing. will run for 10-11 months per season. this will make sure every clan at least has 1 war a month and will also get rid of the problems over the clan rankings as there rankings will be proven by what division they are in and what position they will have within there division. it will also make sure you are going against clans with equal skill to yourselves.
Lieutenant eddie2

Postby Sniper08 on Wed May 16, 2012 2:34 pm

playing year round is problematic as clans like some time off to let their members recuperate. a traditional league is whats needed instead of the current clan "league" but i dont think this is the solution, qwerts idea has more appeal to me as it is shorter and less load bearing amount of games.
Colonel Sniper08
SoC Training Adviser

Postby jj3044 on Wed May 16, 2012 5:17 pm

One full 42 game war per month? Most clans wouldn't be able to enter into much else due to the game count. There are already a lot of clan tournies out there... it may be worth combining your ideas with another existing tourney to enhance the existing product... you wouldn't get many clans able/willing to commit to this kind of game load.
Colonel jj3044

Postby eddie2 on Wed May 16, 2012 5:55 pm

jj3044 wrote:One full 42 game war per month? Most clans wouldn't be able to enter into much else due to the game count. There are already a lot of clan tournies out there... it may be worth combining your ideas with another existing tourney to enhance the existing product... you wouldn't get many clans able/willing to commit to this kind of game load.

at present there are loads of wars most clans try have 1 non tourney war running while these tourneys are running. this league will not be a tourney as such what it will do is make sure all clans have a war to enter and that it is a war in there own level of play. i would of said a lower amount of games but this is what is needed for war medals. maybe if this gets looked at closer we could get it dropped to 30 games and qualify for the medal each war.think of it another way at present we have.

ccup
40 - 60 games a month
newcommers cup
40-45 games a month
cl4
12 games
cl4 cup
12 games
icl

my thought has been made because most clans join these cups and because they are all running roughly at the same time even though the amount of clans are on the up there are less and less clans to face in general wars because they are all tied up in these cups. why not drop them all and have football like leagues with maybe something like a champions league and fa cup running through this.
champions league can be made up of the top 2-3 clans from each division as a mini tourney.(like the ccup)
all clan cup (fa cup)can be something like cl4 but less complicated maybe 8 games each clan in mini league of 4 or 5 clans top clan from each league qualifys then it goes to a auto elimination stage.
Lieutenant eddie2

Postby Qwert on Thu May 17, 2012 9:52 am

hmm, i dont know what its your idea,but its very similar to CL4, and its not look on any Football competition.
Mine proposition,its very similar to Footbal Leagues, 15 teams in League,play everyone with everybody once,and after that who have most points are League winner. Also mine competion will run long enough,so that clans be free to play in all other cometitions( Season are arange to last 22-23 weeks).
I think that your idea are not something original.
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby greenoaks on Thu May 17, 2012 11:52 pm

i dont see why a clan must have a war every month.

there are plenty of opportunities for clans to complete against each other already and this just doesn't add anything new or exciting.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby chapcrap on Fri May 18, 2012 5:09 pm

If eddie wanted his idea to go through, I would say to make it less clans per tier. Maybe 8 clans per tier. That's 7 wars a year. Some clans don't like to play a lot of wars, so 7 would be a good number, in my estimation.

That said, how many stinking leagues do we need? At some point, I think the CDs should step in and allow only a certain number of leagues. Things should be limited to create a success factor for each one. We don't have to have things back to back to back all year round.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Lindax on Fri May 18, 2012 5:48 pm

chapcrap wrote:That said, how many stinking leagues do we need? At some point, I think the CDs should step in and allow only a certain number of leagues. Things should be limited to create a success factor for each one. We don't have to have things back to back to back all year round.

Mmmm.... If we have about 40 clans, why not have, say, 20 two-clan leagues? Then every clan has a 50% chance of winning a league.... Should be fun!

Lx :mrgreen:
"Winning Solves Everything" - Graeko
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby eddie2 on Sun May 20, 2012 10:28 am

chapcrap wrote:If eddie wanted his idea to go through, I would say to make it less clans per tier. Maybe 8 clans per tier. That's 7 wars a year. Some clans don't like to play a lot of wars, so 7 would be a good number, in my estimation.

That said, how many stinking leagues do we need? At some point, I think the CDs should step in and allow only a certain number of leagues. Things should be limited to create a success factor for each one. We don't have to have things back to back to back all year round.

this is what i am on about chap just now there are about 6 different events a lot of work out of 40 clans just now at least 30 of them are tied up in these leagues.. so instead of all these different things tie it all into 1 big league with 2 small cups running off it and yes we could make it into 5 or 6 leagues(making it 7 or 8 clans per league.) with 2 mini cups running off it. this kind of thing will bring the ladder system and everything together into 1 big competition.
Lieutenant eddie2

Return to Clan Archives